TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If I am correct I think the nearest hotel is about 15-20 minutes away.

My only advice is to start out with Superman since that is a low capacity ride.

^^ Yep, my home park and I can say, Superman first then hit everything else in order,

Superman

GASM

KK ( if open )

El Toro

Bizzaro

Run Away Train

Cross the park via skyway

Skull Mountain

Nitro

B:TR

TDK

it's what I do and it works all the time.

IF you looking for food in the park, I always go to best of the west next to the log flume.

I took a trip there myself last year and found that Hotwire was great for a hotel. If you look for a 4 star hotel in Princeton chances are it will be the Hyatt. It is only about 20 minutes away and about $55 per night. There were many other options in different star categories on the site.....BUT...Princeton is definitely a good place to stay, not too far and there are things to do and eat close by.

As for the park....I would do every coaster but if the lines are really long I would save The Dark Knight, Skull Mountain (or whatever it is called) and....yes......Superman for last as it is not a huge loss if you miss them. I am sure I don't need to tell you but DO NOT MISS EL TORO....it's number 1 on my list of 100 or so coasters ridden. Have a good trip!

Earlier this year when trying to book New Jersey hotels, I was told by every one that I tried that you had to be 21 in order to check-in. I'm pretty sure it's NJ state law, and since you're 17 and we don't know your traveling situation, I thought I should tell you. I had to stay in PA which ended up being 40 minutes from the park.

This is the order to avoid lines.

KK( if open, u have to do this first or lines will be very long)

El Toro

Then bizzaro or superman( Do both )

Nitro

Dark Knight

Batman

After that it dosen't really matter, everything else will be around 5-10 minutes, exept water rides.

When I go, I usually drive 15-20 minutes away from the park [not on the highway] and look around for hotel. I just use my gps and select hotel thats 15-20 min. away. It's usually easy to find an affordable hotel room around there since it's out in the boonies. You just have to be careful because there is a military air force base about 20 mins. away from the park and sometimes on weekends there will be huge military conventions at that base and its almost impossible to find a hotel.

^Don't worry Im travelling with my family. Thanks guys. Does anyone know if there is a chance of getting on KK while i'm there? Has it opened even sporadically since it broke?

It opened for a little bit in June after the initial closing in May but it has been closed since the end of June or early July.

Nobody answered the restaurant question yet. To be honest, I have no idea how many restaurants they have there. I went straight to the Panda Express because I knew I could get decent food at a decent price. If you're not into American Chinese food, I have no idea what to tell you.

A lot of the restraunts obviously have overpriced food. Try to get you hand stamped and eat at one of the many places outside of the park. If you don't want to do that, then I recommend Best Of The West (right next to the Log Flume & Runaway Mine Train) or the Great Characer Cafe next to the Carousel.

As for coasters, I'd recommend that you go on Bizarro, the "newest" ride, first, followed by Mine Train (since it's close), El Toro, Kingda Ka (if it's opened), Rolling Thunder, Superman, GASM, Nitro, Batman, The Dark Knight, etc.

When I went, we stayed at Freehold Gardens Hotel, about 30 mins North of SFGA on the same rd, Monmouth rd.

Very nice hotel with plenty of places nearby to eat, shop etc, but it is a little far away.

I dont know why but SFGA doesnt have that many hotels really close.

Closest hotels are:

East of park: Freehold Radisson opened in 2008 with is 12 minutes from the park on Route 527 and Freehold Days Inn which is on Route 9 about 15 minutes from the park.

West of the park off exit 8 on the New Jersey Turnpike are : Holiday Inn, Days Inn and Quality Inn.

My favorite food places in the park are in the Boardwalk area: Ted's Cheesesteak's and Nathan's.

This might sound odd, but SFGAdv recently added a food cart near the entrance to Runaway Mine Train that serves cups of "Hearty Corn." There are options for spices to be mixed in with the corn and I loved the Indian Spice option. The large cup is enough for two to share as a snack.