TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

4,000 Years Later [NL]

'4000 years later' was first concieved when I wanted to see if I could create a track which is both reflective of B&M's style yet unique enought to stand on its own. After a few days work on Newton, this is the final result. The supports took a while to do; I spent a good amount of time staring at photo's of B&M's to see how they're supported so I could get them as accurate as possible. As a result, I can honestly say that this is by far my best support work to date. The environment and scenery isn't too extensive, but I didn't think it needed to be because I felt the ride speaks for itself.

Special thanks does to my Testers (Xpress, A113, Eric, Turbo, Flickstah and Coasterpimp), CG Textures and to whoever supplied the other bits and bobs I found on Google Images.

So without futher ado, press the download button and enjoy.

P.S. If you have any problems with the file, please tell so I can sort it out.

4,000 Years Later.nlpack

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like I owe you a few comments after all the times you've commented on mine Although obviously it won't be as valuable as i'm nowhere near as experianced as you.

I thought it was brilliant, I don't usually bother with B&M's on No Limits as I find them boring most of the time but this was great, twisty, forceful, airtime filled, inversions. Everything

There is just one minor thing and that is that I didn't think the name suited the coaster, could just be me though

Overall 9/10 from me

9/10

I loved the setting, originality, and support work on this ride. Being picky, though, I do have one minor complaint. Pretty much every inversion (other than the vertical loop) was a zero-g roll or something very close to one. It got a little old after a while. Other than that, fantastic ride.

^ Only three. The other two count as Corkscrews. lol

Yeah, I know the rolls were a bit excessive on this ride (it was pointed out by other people on other forums) so I'll make sure that my next ride will be a bit more varied as far as inversions are concerned.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

The only part I didn't like was the two hops before the last two inversions. Don't know what I would have done differently but they seemed out of place.

That was the only other part that bothered me a little bit, too. I don't mean to sound harsh (especially since I can't make anything in No Limits that's close to this), but from my experience in other projects I've posted on YouTube, I find real criticism to be much more helpful and refreshing than "ZOMG ur teh best!"

I also forgot to mention how much I love the quick turns that come right before the hops. It felt like the ride was rampaging through the forest at incredible speeds.

Also, I wasn't sure what to call some of the inversions since they seemed to be a cross between a corkscrew and a zero g roll. I say again, fantastic ride.

The only part I didn't like was the two hops before the last two inversions. Don't know what I would have done differently but they seemed out of place.

That was the only other part that bothered me a little bit, too. I don't mean to sound harsh (especially since I can't make anything in No Limits that's close to this), but from my experience in other projects I've posted on YouTube, I find real criticism to be much more helpful and refreshing than "ZOMG ur teh best!"

I completely agree, I'd take a harsh but honest review over a one that worships me any day. As nice as it is, it doesn't help me improve in any way.

^ No, I used a tool called Newton to create the track. It basically creates tracks by imputing certain forces forces and apply banking. You can download it here under Entropy's NL Tools:

http://www.coasterchamber.com/forums/tools.php

Its difficult to use effectively at first but once you get used to the basic functions it'll produce fantastic tracks for you.