CARS! The Car Super Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Porsche 918 Spyder

soooo gorgeous! I would marry this car!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucnp-srma-A

Porsche is looking to prove that the best of both worlds don't have to be mutually exclusive with the 918 Spyder concept scheduled to debut tomorrow at the 2010 Geneva Motor Show. Looking a bit like a Carrera GT evolved, the 918 Spyder is powered by both a 500-horsepower V8 and a pair of electric motors (one for each axle) producing an additional 218 hp or 160kW. At full gallop, the concept can theoretically reach 62 mph in 3.2 seconds and nip 198 mph on the high end. On the flip side, Porsche says it can also achieve 78 miles per gallon and emit just 70 grams of CO2 per kilometer.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/01/porsche-918-spyder-plug-in-hybrid-concept-gets-78-mpg-hits-62-m/

^ I agree....well maybe not with the marriage part though. It may be the best looking Porsche ever. Even though I'm usually not too keen on modern convertible or targa top supercars, this one just kinda works....really well.

And I'm sure Joe loves all that carbon fiber on the interior.

Meanwhile, I'm liking the new Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 as well. And check out the F1 concept below it. Thoughts?

2012-Lamborghini-Aventador-LP700-4-Gear-Patrol.jpg.290e962cc865239e97280ddeb78eaa21.jpg

853029691_lambof1.jpg.77ab0d656ffd95699def76403c013567.jpg

I want a new car so bad! Wish mine was worth so I could turn it in but I still owe a lot on it and its worth next to nothing.

Cars I am interested in (I have a slight obsession with Kia as you can see):

1. Chevy Camaro

2. Kia Soul

3. Kia Optima

4. Kia Sorrento

5. Kia Sportage

6. Hyundai Genesis

7. Jeep (most all models)

8. GMC Terrain

9. Chevy Tahoe

10. Mazda 2

Im picking up my new car after work tomorrow, a 2005 Toyota Avensis 1.8 liter 129hp. Im uber-excited now, Ive been driving an old 91 BMW 318i for five years now. It will be quite a difference to drive such a new car.

It's identical to this:

Edited by viking86

Im picking up my new car after work tomorrow, a 2005 Toyota Avensis 1.8 liter 129hp. Im uber-excited now, Ive been driving an old 91 BMW 318i for five years now. It will quite a difference to drive such a new car.

It's identical to this:

Looks nice - they do not make this car in the states.

And I'm sure Joe loves all that carbon fiber on the interior.

you know me all too well

Meanwhile, I'm liking the new Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 as well. And check out the F1 concept below it. Thoughts?

I'm liking that angle, at least. The intakes are a bit too dramatic for my tastes, but I pretty much always say that with these types of cars. I adore that color though, and don't mind the black rims for once

• 3 weeks later...
I think there is some novelty in saying you built your own car, but being a replica of a more expensive car is pretty lame. In fact, I think its much more respectable to not be able to afford a Ferrari, then it is to ride around in a fake

I think if you really want to build your own car that going with a Caterham is the best route...

^ LOL! They could have at least gone with something somewhat fast

Hot off the presses..

"BMW M presents: The BMW M3 Pickup. It is the latest addition to our portfolio of high performance models and is an entirely new combination of sports car and practical vehicle for every day use. We think, it's a great idea - what do you think?"

bmw1.jpg.9a10175329b379f139595daec2599ba3.jpg

bmw2.jpg.5b365a9c67c3ea006d4ff50ef413a163.jpg

bmw3.jpg.14d76af185aa9ca3670ebb5be3c75437.jpg

bmw4.jpg.faa0f28e0c094b2d52bfb696170c1a2a.jpg

bmw5.jpg.7a16466e12ad147b0cd339b858a95763.jpg

^Absolute truth.

I co-oped for school down south in the HIlton Head area and there were more Panameras there than should even exist in total. I couldn't go out for a drive to the grocery store two miles away without seeing one. It didn't help there was a Porsche dealer three miles from my house. Ugh. I just don't get how anybody could look at the Panamera and think, "you know, that's an attractive car. Let me spend the better part of $100k on it."

I'm mixed on the Cayenne. I'm definitely one of the people who thinks the only choices one should have to make when buying a Porsche are "what color?" and "turbo - yes or no?", so I don't like it in that aspect, and I'm not a very big fan of sport utes in general, but if I had to get one and it couldn't be an H1 or Range Rover (as in, no intention of really abusing it on terrain), why not get one that happens to be a Porsche?

^ Yeah, I hear what you're saying there. I'm just not sure the name and the badge can help it in this case. It's just pure ugly. Would I decline one as a gift though? Nope.

It belongs on a better car, but........

vette.thumb.jpg.d7210019b5abcba7228cbe700cc10f01.jpg

....best license plate ever?

• 2 weeks later...