TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

CARS! The Car Super Thread

The spoiler thing was just a minor nitpick of mine, really. I think its just the 3/4 view that I don't really like it in too. Its weird, at first glance, I didn't care for the wheels either, but that was only for about a split second. Not that I love them, but I can live with them. Seems like I never like stock wheels on these cars, so the fact that I'm neutral towards them is a plus. I guess wheel design is just beyond me these days.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see you posting again, Gerd! By the way, what do you think of the Porsche Panamera?

Yupp, I´m posting again, sorry, I was very busy in the last few month!

I Think the Panamera is a nice car, but I dont think it´s that kind of Car the world was waiting for!

In my oppinion, the Mercedes CLS55 AMG is the better choice (by the price, by the style and by the engine!) if you are looking for a Coupe-styled 4 doors Sedan.

The Panamera is nice, yeah, but it looks like a stretched 911, it doesn´t have it´s own face, it´s a kind of car for "after-midlife-crisis-aged" people that want to have a sports-styled, luxury-sized car with enough space for the luggage for a golf-trip!

^ I totally agree! The CLS used to be one of the sexiest German cars in my book, though I think I'm just seeing them too often these days, as I seem to be jaded towards it

What's so awesome about the RS5, is that even the "normal" A5 looks fantastic - what an absolutely stunning car

Totally agree, I was surprised that they didn't have an RS- version till now. Audi has had some big hits lately - even the TTS was surprisingly good to drive, hard to believe its a TT at heart. I'm still not undecided on these $5K gearboxes with 24 settings and such, which Audi really seems to be pushing towards quicker than others, and I hope they aren't as buggy as their reputation goes, but I like their current class of cars

• 3 weeks later...

I sold my car (01 Chevy Malibu) due to the lower intake manifold gasket going again for a third time.

My only vehicle now is my Jeep. Last weekend I went to the Badlands in Attica, IN. Wasn't able to do much there, but did play around in the quarry.

Anyway, some updated pictures.

First off, Fresh wash and wax today.

Also, took out my amber lense colored side markers and bumper lights and put in clear lenses.

A night picture.

Now some Badlands pictures.

I attempted this wall. due to street tires on the front instead of all terrains, I failed.

and backing down

I did make it up another wall that wasn't as steep, but no one got any pictures. I did get stuck on the top of the hill and had to back down there.

Now for some other Jeeps on trails.

Creek driving.

The pumpkinator playing.

Wasn't part of our group, but here is a junkyard toyota. Literally, the guys dad owns a junkyard and he built this with scrap in the yard.

A very capable Jeep Cherokee leading us in the creek.

I like this picture

A lightly modified YJ.

A shot of me playing on the sand dune. Looks little, but with the rain and loose sand, it required 4lo to get up.

Meet the new Autobot, set to appear in Transformers-3:

Any guesses first? No, okay here we go from Micheal Bay's blog:

I also was at a Ferrari charity event this week raising money for a hospital being built by Ferrari in Haiti. I announced that night the newest Autobot to join Transformers: the Ferrari 458 Italia.

090048car.jpg.5ac791fae1ba5b30bb4ef172db753939.jpg

Pure awesomeness that is the 458.

• 4 weeks later...
Is the tools in the drivers seat something you carry around all the time? BTW, still like Norm, glad to see it still alive and kicking.

No, just had them there to install the wheel. I took these right after I put it in. It took a lot of effort to get the old wheel out, I almost rounded out the original bolt holding it in. Luckily it came with a new one.

We just bought a new car today. We've been a 1 car family for the past 3 years (wanted to pay off our car before getting a new one and wanted to pay cash for the new one).

Got a 2010 Kia Forte. Just a nice 2nd car to go along with our Kia Sportage. This is our 4th Kia and we've been very happy with every one.

I'll try and post some pictures tomorrow. It's black and shiny.

^ I know where you live and might "swing by" to see it.

Congratulations! I know how it feels to drive a new car home. And I agree about Kias. Not too long ago, they were considered "throw away" cars, but their quality over the last few years has reached the quality levels that many Japanese cars have. Consumer Reports is recommending more models as time goes on.

Eric

^Yeah all of the products from Kia recently have been very good buys. The Forte is no exception. The amount of standard features and the like for a car in that class is pretty uncommon and it's a perfect car if you don't want to give a hand and a foot to have a nice economy car. The Forte Koup is a pretty sexy car too

Regarding Kia's, as I mentioned, this is our fourth one.

2001: Bought a used 1998 Sephia. What was supposed to be a "throw away" car got me from Palmdale to Woodland Hills daily for work with absolutely no problems. It wasn't much to look at but it got the job done.

2004: Traded in the Sephia and bought a new Spectra. In 4 years we put over 80,000 miles on it commuting from Camarillo to Woodland Hills. Never had any problems other than needing to get new tires and oil changes WAY too much due to all the driving.

2007: Traded in the Spectra, bought a new Sportage. Have had no problems other than a minor accident 6 months after we got it. Hit a plastic trash bin on the 405/10 interchange while going about 50mph. Minor damage, was able to drive down to OC and back after a weekend at Disneyland with no problems.

2010: Added the Forte to go along with the Sportage.

As far as the features on the Forte, you are right jmicha, it's totally loaded. Ipod connectivity, Sirius radio, Bluetooth built in, power everything and safety features up the wazoo.

^I remember the first time I was reading about the standard features in the car and I was honestly shocked. Some of them aren't even standard on some Mercedes, BMWs, and Audis, yet are standard on a Kia? That shows some serious commitment to building an overall better car. My dad rented a Forte when on a business trip and was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the car, especially in comparison to the other cars he had rented when on business, a Sebring (blegh) and a Cobalt. I'm really impressed with all Hyundai products as of late. The new Sonata is a very interesting car and I would like to test the turbo version whenever it becomes available. They seem to have found their design language which was pretty nonexistent until recent years and I'm very happy to drive a product from them. 102,000 miles and my 2006 Sonata still drives like it's new.

I didn't get the 5.0 Mustang I wanted, but I got my second choice of car. The Acura RSX. It's a 2002, 5-speed manual transmition. When I bought it, it was lowered, had a cold air intake and had performance exhaust on it. I love this car.