TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

CARS! The Car Super Thread

I own a 04 jaguar that has been in the shop since june 28th. Yeah my fault I wrecked it (for the 2nd time in 6 months) but the shop is killing me with all the excuses and the "oh this is wrong now".

in my Mel Gibson voice "GIVE ME BACK MY CAR!"

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep the whole look and feel of the Mini was ruined with the Clubman. As if that wasn't an abomination enough, Mini is actually looking into SUV variants of mini as well .

I can only hope it doesn't leave the concept table. Here is an image of the concept:

04minicrossoverhighvf9.jpg.103d4c8546b5a85d0945624d0be12d7c.jpg

Please god no, the clubman is punishment enough.

^Yeah I have to agree, I mean I've gotten use to the look of the Clubman, but PLEASE DEAR GOD don't make that! If you make a SUV with a Mini look its just going to look fake. Mini's are called Mini's for a reason!!!

P.S Heres my car/love.

CIMG0972_Copy.jpg.ea98afe1629556f1d301f6012446cdc9.jpg

Go Mini! No Clubman or S version for me.

^ Sweet car man!

EDIT: ^^ About the SUV thing I like the idea of the Mini being higher off the ground, if the Mini were a bit higher I think more people would buy them...they would be PERFECT for me if they were higher and had just a tad bit more leg room in the back. (but who cares I'll be driving it )

^Thanks. The height issue really isn't an issue for me, and it really shouldn't be for you in Florida. It's not like I'm going off-roading any time soon, maybe some rallies though . The back seat is.... yeah reserved for very small people only (ESPECIALLY behind the driver), 99.9% of the time its storage. But on a rare occasion I'll fit someone behind the passenger and have the passenger move up. You can fit two people there if you try and its not uncomfortable in the back seat... I just wouldn't keep em there for any extended period of time (say more then a 1/2 hour).

^At least do it justice and get a decent picture of it! lol. Ive never driven one, but Ive heard all the gizmos and electronics that live between the driver and the mechanics of the car dont feel like they are interfering, but do make it an amazingly fast cornerer. Transparent technology.

The Mini. They have been anything but mini since BMW re-introduced them. The big beemer mini (as I like to call it) is not small at all. Its taller than my Celica, and has roughly the same wheelbase as a Land Rover Discovery. Get a proper old mini Cooper, back when they really were small cars. They were just so nimble. Plus you always felt like you were in the (original) Italian Job film, which is always a bonus.

"The Mini. They have been anything but mini since BMW re-introduced them." (Fallen Heretic)

People aren't as "mini" as they were back then either. This is the Mini for "maxi" sized people!

Eric

OMG I think I just peed myself!

As a MINI owner I will agree. They really aren't that small! BMW wanted to make the "New MINI" Luxurious! If you take a look at the Classic Mini they are stripped to bare needs! However the new ones have more crap then you know what to do with it!

MINI USA sales up 34% for the month of August!

MINIs get good gas mileage if you baby it. However run the S hard and watch the fuel needle drop! After a day at the Auto Cross Track my Average MPG was 15! I also have and automatic so I'm at a disadvantage!

It's not just the Mini either .. The 2004 VW R32 weighs twice as much as the original VW GTI (a freaking brilliant car). It has twice the displacement, more than twice the horse-power, and twice the grip (all-wheel drive). If someone were to build a car like the original GTI now, it wouldn't sell (well, they'd sell to the 10 idiots like me, but "normal" people aren't interested).

It's a shame, yes .. especially in the case of the original Mini which is beyond awesome. But still, this is "progress".

Cameron (Waiting for the first car commercial to boast "smaller and lighter than the previous model") Silver.

This weekend I've noticed that my brakes weren't being as effective as usual. Ends up the front driver's side brake line was cracked and was leaking.

Not only was I losing pressure but my rotor was coated in brake fluid! I had to take the tire off, take out the rotor and extensively clean it...the brakes weren't working because of the oil. I replaced the line ($50) and replaced my brake fluid. Fun times...not. At least I didn't have to take it to a mechanic and pay even more.

^Thanks. The height issue really isn't an issue for me, and it really shouldn't be for you in Florida.

I'm just saying I'm tall is all and it'd be easier getting into a higher up car, off roading has nothing to do with it ... but there's a though...!

Kalepi "Mini off-roading devil ========> " Konei

• 4 months later...
Word to the wise, you guys might want to blank out your license plates before posting pictures.

You are traceable by them.

If they where wise, why would they need the word.

IMO, the best car is the Dodge Viper. So beautiful and amazing.

--James

I agree, the Dodge Viper is a BEAUTIFUL car

I disagree, every time I see a Viper the only thing that comes to mind is "COCK!" I mean an 8.3 litre engine that makes ONLY 630hp??? That's stupid!! I mean some engines half that size make that power! Even the ASR is supposed to be IMPOSSIBLE to drive every day, and it set it's record lap on the Ring after being set up for the track whereas all the other cars are run stock.

IMO, give me a GT-R, 911 GT-3, or even a crappy Corvette over a Viper! It amazes me that they still even make those things!

"The Mini. They have been anything but mini since BMW re-introduced them." (Fallen Heretic)

People aren't as "mini" as they were back then either. This is the Mini for "maxi" sized people!

Eric

Speak for yourself!

I own a Mini and I have friends who cannot at all fit comfortably in my car.

Basically, if you're over six foot and in the passenger seat, your knees will be to one side, against the dash.

But i'm 5'5 and i bought the car for me, so i don't care =]

that 2008 porsche 997 turbo is my current baby. it´s really a big bad boy toy! if i could, i would like to buy a carerra gt2, but if i ´ll do that, my wife would kill me.

IMO, the best car is the Dodge Viper. So beautiful and amazing.

--James

I agree, the Dodge Viper is a BEAUTIFUL car

yes, the viper is not that bad, but i got me a run with a viper , and i have to say it has by far not the acceleration of a turbo.

the other thing is, the processing and the quality of porsche is much more higher then the one of the dodge.

1097607039_sexypanorama.jpg.2829791467086aecb9838c7df74842fd.jpg