TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

CARS! The Car Super Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual, the Honda Nation dominates the scene. I guess its cool as long as you don't go revving on cars that can smoke your ass :-P

I just confide in the fact that I can still get 450 miles on a bit less than 15 gallons of gas, something most of the ricer dorks can't do anyway, and that the "powerful" cars DEFINATELY can't do!

I drive a 2005 Mazda Mazda3, in Orange! Not too bad for a first car!

Umm, no considering its like a 17,000 first car!

I was looking at a Mazda6, but the insurance is a bit too high. Shouldnt be too high for a 4cyl 4door car with a body kit. Not like the kit makes it GO any faster. Nor does it make me drive faster.

Oh well. Ill just keep holding onto my ever depriciating 99 Alero GL. Last time I checked, Im going to lose about 1500 on a trade-in. Probably be more in a year.

I drive a 2005 Mazda Mazda3, in Orange! Not too bad for a first car!

Umm, no considering its like a 17,000 first car!

I was looking at a Mazda6, but the insurance is a bit too high. Shouldnt be too high for a 4cyl 4door car with a body kit. Not like the kit makes it GO any faster. Nor does it make me drive faster.

Oh well. Ill just keep holding onto my ever depriciating 99 Alero GL. Last time I checked, Im going to lose about 1500 on a trade-in. Probably be more in a year.

Its actually $28,000 (I am an aussie......damn exchange rate!) All I can say is thanks to my parents

• 10 months later...
I can't drive yet, but when I can I am buying a Scion XB or TC.

Joining you there, dude. XB's are awesome, inexpensive, and pretty good mileage. I want either an XB or a Honda Element.

What can I say, I like square cars...

• 4 weeks later...

I drive a (don't laugh now) Chrysler Neon (or Dodge as they're normally branded in the US). Well, my American friend in Colorado laughed when I e-mailed him to say what new car I bought in Jan 2004, but then he agreed it'd look quite cool in the UK as most our cars are very standardized and uninteresting IMHO.

Anyway, I really enjoy owning it, and I never thought I'd ever get to buy a brand new one, but a dealer here was kncking out the last of their supplies. (Sadly the Neon Mk3 hasn't been exported here, yet). It would help if the gas consumption was a little better, but then it could be a whole lot worse. The only annoying thing I found recently though was that Chrysler seem to fit their own in-house radio units and it's really difficult to fit add-on units, like my DAB digital radio add-on device. They have different aerial/ antenna plugs to our standard ones. I'm having real trouble obtaining an adaptor plug. Anyone know where to go out there; any websites? - I believe it has to convert to an ISO plug.

Martin