TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

CARS! The Car Super Thread

I really like how it looks, personally. I think that the taillight design had a little bit to do with the aerodynamics they wanted - they probably thought about where the vents were to go before the headlights and taillights.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

(Almost) All of the 2013 f1 cars have been launched, and this one right here is my bet for 2013 constructors champion.

The lotus is also a car to watch, as one of the newer technologies on it is one of the more interesting ideas of the season, and nobody else seems to have it (which could be good or bad, they have been the only ones to run with an idea in the past and it didn't work out so well).

^Ferrari for Constructor's? If you said Driver's I would've believed you. I predict RedBull, Lotus and McLaren can gather more points than Ferrari, since they heavily depend on Alonso for big points. As for Driver's, Alonso should be able to get it, but there are many others who can as well.

• 4 weeks later...

F70 F70 F70 F70. Why did they call it LaFerrari?!?

If I were to get a car from Geneva this year, I'd have one of these...

Or the Golf estate. I have a thing for hatchbacks and station wagons. Also, I do not consider cars such as the 3-series GT and CrossTour as "hatchbacks" even though they have a rear hatch. They're a disgrace.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I absolutely hate the fight about domestics and imports. (Side note: Why aren't European cars considered imports? They're imported, thus they should be considered imports. Or is that too logical for the car community?)

Anyway, with Frankfurt starting up, anyone have a favorite concept so far? I'm swooning over the Volvo Concept C.

Volvo-Concept-Coup-13-349151.jpg.577fa76a7570ab6cd7ac4dd66a6c3694.jpg

I absolutely love the Concept C. It's curvy and futuristic, yet it doesn't look all bubbly like the current S60 does.

This is my other favorite concept from the show -

Also, my favorite production car [which I refuse to call a concept because it really isn't one] from the show is the Volkswagen Golf Sportvan. I would be very happy with one of those with a nice little diesel engine...

The fight between Import VS muscle is the absolute driving force in the performance car industry. Same goes for Domestic events all over the country. Its an argument that happens everywhere within every brand its the life force of the car world. Simple as that really.

And European cars have always been distinguished as a different "group" then the Asian manufacturing group.

^^^I'm with you on the Volvo concept, VERY attractive.

In other news, I get the pleasure of hearing the car pictured below drive past my apartment window a few times a week. I can't say I'm really complaining, but I'm definitely jealous.

IMG_0229.thumb.JPG.85b21bf1dbe643be82fadd05d58261cb.JPG

The car in question. I was debating blurring out the guys face, but he parks it outside anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
That's a pretty generic one - some are more specific than others, I think that depends on how detailed the dealer is inputting the report into the carfax db. I'd just call them and ask - if its at a dealer that sells that type of car (even if not the dealer that originally delivered the car to the original owner), ask for the full service history to be faxed over or go try to pick it up. An actual dealer service report will be far more helpful than carmax, and a pre-purchase inspection is a better way to determine if a car is *actually* clean

could be routine, could have just had a dud of a component to start with, you'll just have to ask around

Agree, the pre-purchase car inspection is essential.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...