TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

CARS! The Car Super Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw an Aventador a while back that was powder blue with matching powder blue wheels - I can't believe I'm saying this, but it worked. Probably the only car on earth to pull off that combo

And any car that shoots flames out of its poo chutes as if it just ate Buffalo Wild Wings is ok by me

Are the 4 door Porshe 911s huge around you guys? I'm seeing them everywhere up here.

Yes. It seems that people in my town want a sports car with the practicality of a sedan and the appearance of something quite awful. I really hate the way that car looks.

I'm really impartial toward the Panamera's styling. I want to hate it, but I can't. I'd rather just go "meh" and move on to something else.

Like this...

I certainly wouldn't call it ugly, but I wouldn't call it "beautiful". I'm a big fan of medium-dark colors on cars (dark red, dark blue, dark green, teal, etc). They really make whatever car they're painted on look kind of classy.

Here's an example of that dark "Deep Impact Blue" on a Mustang GT -

^That's ugly too IMO. I'm of the opinion that a cars color should be nice and simple, so the real star is the design of the car itself.

I disagree. A color can really make a car pop - and IMO a sports car should stand out

Of course, the two greatest blues are Interlagos and Laguna Seca. Fuck I love BMW blues

Took like 7 or 8 years or whatever, but I finally saw one in person

used car plates.... lol

When I was shopping around for cars, I test drove a solid yellow Camaro SS that didn't have any stripes or anything. I like loud colors, but with no stripes to add balance, that was a bit too much in my opinion. I really like the accents and striping on the yellow TF3 Camaros, though.

I love my 45th Edition Camaro in Carbon Flash Metallic, but I think my absolute favorite Camaro/Corvette color is Inferno Orange Metallic with subtle black accents.

-------------------------------------------

On a different note, Chevrolet is going to offer a production Hotwheels version of the Camaro starting early next year.

LAS VEGAS – The dream of millions of Hot Wheels® fans of all ages will come when the Camaro Hot Wheels® Edition arrives at Chevrolet dealerships early next year. It’s the first time a full-size, production Hot Wheels® car has been offered for sale by any manufacturer.

Blister packaging and orange race track not included.

“Millions of us grew up playing with Hot Wheels,” said Chris Perry, vice president of Chevrolet Marketing. “Offering a special production model of the Camaro Hot Wheels is an opportunity to bring those memories to life, for kids of all ages.”

The Camaro Hot Wheels® Edition debuted today at the SEMA Show, in Las Vegas. A special run of the Camaro Hot Wheels® Edition will be produced in the first quarter of 2013 – and like the collectable toys on which it is based – when they’re gone, they’re gone.

“It’s been nearly 20 years since I started designing cars for Hot Wheels and I have yet to drive one home,” said Felix Holst, vice president of creative for the Mattel Wheels Division. “Personally, I can’t wait to open the doors and see the Hot Wheels Camaro sitting in the garage.”

The appearance of the Camaro Hot Wheels® Edition echoes the cues that Hot Wheels enthusiasts recognize, including a vibrant, graphics-accented metallic paint scheme and even the red-lined wheels. The result is instantly recognizable as a Hot Wheels.

The Camaro Hot Wheels® Edition is available in coupe and convertible models – in 2LT (V-6) and 2SS (V-8) trims, blending exterior cues of the high-performance Camaro ZL1 with a Kinetic Blue exterior color and unique graphics. Exterior highlights include:

ZL1 rear spoiler (coupe models)

ZL1 front upper grille

Ground effects package, including front splitter and rocker treatment

Black 21-inch wheels with red outline stripe

Two-tone matte hood graphic and rear taillight panel “blackout” graphic

Fender “flame” graphics

Hot Wheels grille and decklid logos.

On the inside, a black leather-trimmed interior is accented with red and black seat stitching with the Hot Wheels logo embroidered on the front seats. The instrument panel and door inserts are black, with the Hot Wheels-style flame decal on each door. Hot Wheels® Edition sill plates also distinguish the car, along with Camaro-logo premium floor mats with red edging.

SS models feature a 6.2L V-8, which is offered in two iterations: the “L99” on automatic-equipped vehicles and the “LS3” on manual-equipped models. Horsepower for the L99 is 400 (298 kW) and torque is 410 lb.-ft. (556 Nm) – and it features fuel-saving Active Fuel Management. The LS3 develops 426 horsepower (318 kW) and 420 lb.-ft. (569 Nm) of torque.

LT-based models feature the “LFX” 3.6L V-6 engine, with dual-overhead camshafts, variable valve timing and direct injection. It’s rated at 323 horsepower at 6,800 rpm.

A dual-mode exhaust system is available on SS models with the six-speed manual transmission, as well as LT models with either the manual or automatic transmission. Similar to the systems found on the Camaro ZL1, the vacuum-actuated system provides a quieter driving experience at low engine speeds and a more aggressive sound during hard acceleration.

Chevrolet’s MyLink infotainment system is standard on the Camaro Hot Wheels® Edition. Its color touch radio, with a seven-inch touch screen, also can be paired with an available in-dash GPS navigation system. The color touch radio with MyLink enables a higher level of in-vehicle wireless connectivity and customized infotainment options, while building on the safety and security of OnStar. It seamlessly integrates online services such as Pandora® internet radio and Stitcher SmartRadio® using hands-free voice and touch-screen controls via Bluetooth-enabled phones.

FAST FACT: The original Custom Camaro 1:64-scale toy from 1968 was one of the original16 Hot Wheels issued and remains one of the most valuable Hot Wheels toys among collectors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU7L5vyK22U

More pictures can be found here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258165

The plastic look is because it is unpainted. There are also color-matched versions, and the OEM Ground Effects package from GM can be color-matched.

Aftermarket Splitter

GM Ground Effects

Pretty much any cosmetic external accessory one can buy for the Camaro can come either painted or unpainted, depending on what the buyer chooses. Another popular accessory that can be either is the Heritage Grille.

Untitled.jpg.71b44ae2c93072fa5c60fad84b901701.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Get a load of this -

It's a Chinese car called the Yema Auto Mustang. Squished A4 Avant body, Subaru Legacy interior. And, of course, it's a cheap EV, because China.

Yesterday was supposed to be my graduation ceremony from college. However, my parents didn't come, and I don't really care about the ceremony, so I looked for something else to do to celebrate my long-awaited graduation. About a month ago it hit me: exotic driving experience in orlando, as you might recall Elissa did back earlier this year. So I came down with on of my friends on Friday for a 10am showdown with a super car at Disney world.

What car did I choose? Why, the Ferrari 458 Italia, of course.

After sitting through the 30 minute instructional class, we were grouped by car. They also had a 911, an R8, a Gallardo, and a Gallardo Superleggera on this day. We first took photos with the car, then we were given our order. I was the first to drive the Ferrari - fuck yes.

To start, it is a rather small cockpit. My M coupe has more in the well in terms of leg room, and with the helmet on, I honestly didn't have enough head room. The seat bolsters keep you tight. The dash is covered with my tech than I could ever imagine - the opposite of my car, which is a 6MT with only a DSC-off button in terms of tech. We rolled out first, and after a brief convo with the instructor (safety, rules, my choice to use the F1 shifting), I was ready to start.

I didn't launch it, though to say my start was more aggressive than everybody else's would be fair. The acceleration was fantastic - the gear box is phenomenal. The speed at which it changes gears is incredible (more on that in a minute). The roar of the big NA V8 right behind me was music to my ears. We started out in a straight - the course is about 1/3 of the oval, followed by some AX-style esses through the infield.

Coming down from 120ish on the oval to be able to turn into the infield might have been the most arousing experience of all - first, the massive 8-piston carbon brakes were incredible. It was amazing how fast they could retard the car. But, what really got me, was the downshifting. Oh. My. God. Pull back on the carbon shift paddle and the blip produces the best sound I've ever heard a car make. It left me in awe.

Going through the esses, I was able to see how well it could handle - in the session prior to ours, a driver spun out here. I really don't know how, as I was really pushing it around in the corners, and it just did exactly what I wanted. The steering was extremely responsive - it didn't take much effort to hit the corners t the apex. Everything about the car was amazing,

I can't imagine a better way to celebrate graduating college, apart from maybe buying a 458(which isn't going to happen for me anytime soon). Admittedly, it was pricey, but as exotic car experience expands to other tracks across the nation next year, I'd have to highly recommend at least doing it once if you're any sort of a car geek.

• 4 weeks later...