TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Quassy - FujiQ Of The West

Well, here is my TR. Pics up later tonight.

I pulled into the parking lot of Quassy around 12:15. The sky was cloudy and a light rain was in the forecast but it was fine right now. We payed $5.00 to park, and I got the $21.00 all day wristband. Now on to the sucky part.

Right after I bought my wristband I noticed Mad Mouse/Monster was closed. The attendant at the ticket booth said "All the roller coasters and slides are closed due to rain." I responded "There is NO rain! Who the hell are you run by? cedar fair? I want my money back!" No refunds.

Its true. Mad Mouse/Monster, Little Dipper, all the dry slides, all the water slides, Paratrooper, Yo-Yo, and most of kiddieland was closed.

I walked around the park. Played and failed at Deal Or No Deal. I picked the $1 case for my personal case.

After walking around I decided to go on the worlds slowest Trabant. EVAR. Little to no force.

Then I went over to the bumper cars. The one good ride I went on. The old cars have the "Audi" symbol on them. Not very well maintained and there is one lightweight modern car in the mix. The unlucky fellow who goes in that always gets beaten to death by all the other heavy cars. Very long ride, like 4 minutes. Kinda unforertable seats but whatcha gonna do.

In other news, "Flying Bobs" was rethemed into "Music Fest", and then "Music Fest" was renamed "Rock And Roll". Kinda cool side panels but I dont understand why a music themed ride has sea monsters and mermaids on it...

I left at 1:35 dissapointed and annoyed for the long an monotinous drive back to Massachusetts.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So wait, let me get this straight -

- You went to the park on a day where there was rain in the forecast.

- You got to the park, bought your tickets and some rides were closed due to weather.

- You yelled at a ride op

- Did poorly at an arcade game

- Rode two rides

- And left pissed off after only an hour and twenty minutes

Really?

I'm sorry, but even if the park was having a crappy day, I personally think you need to give the park more than 80 minutes (in which it sounds like you actually DID go on rides during that time) before storming out of the place.

I've seen this happen before where if a weather forecast calls for rain in the area, a park may want to shut down rides as a safety precaution. Have you ever had to evac riders that are stranded on a ride in the rain? It's not a pleasant thing to do.

And while I may personally not agree with it either, if it's the park policy, for whatever reason, I think you need to give it more than 80 minutes.

My experience is that we pulled up to the park, and it was also raining and Mad Mouse was closed. We waited patiently for the ride to re-open, and when the sky was clear I went to the operations office and asked "nicely" how long after the rain was done did they need to wait until it re-opened. They told me "15 minutes, and we'll send someone out right away."

Yelling at people usually doesn't get them motivated to do anything for you.

I mean, your comparison to Fuji-Q is not really valid (unless of course you have actually been to Fuji-Q to make that comparison) as we gave the park *ALL DAY LONG* and had a miserable time.

Seriously, we were at Fuji-Q from 9am to 4 or 5pm. And after 8 hours of our time, and having given the park plenty of chances to redeem themselves, then we stormed out pissed off.

But to only give them 80 minutes...and you DID ride stuff and play games?

I'm not convinced you have a fair argument to be honest.

--Robb

There was no lighting or violent thunderstorms. The forecast predicted a 40% chance of LIGHT RAIN...

Anyway heres the pics.

There all 800 x 600 so you might be able to use them.

rsz_2cttripaug109_025.jpg.85101844093b5868ff0bb4aecce509fd.jpg

Closed spiral slide. =(

rsz_cttripaug109_031.jpg.454afdbdbb4c4b5ec2a5655ff7ba329f.jpg

Crappy pic of a car on Mad Mouse.

rsz_cttripaug109_030.jpg.b82bd9ffdd5c9239847010b3e8df0bba.jpg

Curve on the closed Mad Mouse.

rsz_cttripaug109_026.jpg.4f61674cb5b6ec967d5eac05a464192b.jpg

Empty parking lot...

rsz_1cttripaug109_028.jpg.4c863bd23fabefb4969865529b915a1d.jpg

Mad Mouse sign.

rsz_1cttripaug109_027.jpg.1c5a2f76443f9e937d6e319d087940e9.jpg

Crappy pic of me on the worlds slowest Trabant.

Yeah, my take on these photos is -

- It looks very cloudy and overcast.

- It looks like it had at least rained once that day.

- The parking lot is empty so everyone else probably stayed away due to the poor weather forecast.

- I'm willing to bet if he had stayed longer he would have either had the park to himself with all rides open or been in the middle of a rain storm, even if it was a "light" rain storm.

- If the original posters attitude in his posts and photo captions are any way a reflection of how he dealt with the park, I'm not surprised they didn't do anything for him.

--Robb

Like Robb said if you had stayed you would have gotten the park to yourself it looks like.

Sorry but you know there is this channel on your TV called the weather channel. Its been known to give off the latest forecasts for your particular area. It's shocking I know because you must have never heard of it.

I don't really even understand why your mad. Your mad because the parks shut down the rides for yours and others safety? I don't even understand how this is the parks fault because they followed basic protocol and shut down all rides that are outdoors due to inclement weather. How is this the parks fault because it rained anyway?

Heres a great example anyway. You go to a football game. The game starts, in the middle of the first quarter it starts raining. A few minutes later lightning has started. Do you know what happens? They stop the game and send all the players to the locker room. That goes for High School, College, NFL, CFL and other practice sessions. Do you know why they do it? For the players and coaches Safety. If it was a indoor arena then the game would continue.

Bottom line stop blaming the park. Blame yourself for being unable to look at the weather forecast and deciding that 40% usually means it will rain.

You know I can actually understand him being pissed about the park shutting down the rides for the bad weather. What I don't understand is leaving so quickly.

Our day at Great Adventure, we gave it ALL DAY. Our days at Fuji-Q, again, ALL DAY.

At least give the park the chance to prove themselves or not. If it really was clear weather with no rain for most of the day and rides were still closed, I think you have a valid reason to be pissed.

But when you stay for only 80 minutes and actually DID ride stuff, I don't buy it.

And of those days I mentioned, Great Adventure at least opened stuff shortly after the rain passed, but there WAS rain in the area.

And Fuji-Q kept stuff open in the rain for like an hour, and then randomly close them down for no given reason at all.

--Robb

I can understand being mad about the park closing rides but I mean come on. The park was barely packed it seems so in the time before they shut stuff down you would have had plenty of time to ride all the rides as it appears to be very small.

While I haven't really had any experience with ride closings due to weather except once at SFKK when a sudden storm moved in. I still waited it out. Patiently at that. I mean yeah I could have left ticked off that I only rode 4 rides before the storm popped up and came back another day because of my pass but the common sense answer is why leave if the park will reopen rides.

Maybe the rides didn't open right away due to something mechanical or technical caused by the storm but I doubt that is the case.

Just leaving the park after 2 rides and 80 minutes im just very confused.

I've been to Quassy plenty of times and have learned to avoid it on rainy days. They are probably one of the quickest parks to shut down their rides in the rain.

However, on a nice, sunny day, Quassy is a decent, little park. While it doesn't have any major thrill rides, the Mad Mouse and Big Flush are good for a few rides. Plus, Quassy never really has any major lines except on Friday night.

You know I can actually understand him being pissed about the park shutting down the rides for the bad weather. What I don't understand is leaving so quickly.

Our day at Great Adventure, we gave it ALL DAY. Our days at Fuji-Q, again, ALL DAY.

At least give the park the chance to prove themselves or not. If it really was clear weather with no rain for most of the day and rides were still closed, I think you have a valid reason to be pissed.

But when you stay for only 80 minutes and actually DID ride stuff, I don't buy it.

And of those days I mentioned, Great Adventure at least opened stuff shortly after the rain passed, but there WAS rain in the area.

And Fuji-Q kept stuff open in the rain for like an hour, and then randomly close them down for no given reason at all.

--Robb

The main reason was that we had to drive back to MA, all we were planning on doing was dropping in to get the credits, go on a few rides, and leave.

^Credit runs are always a risk. We recently did a trip to the NE. Although we got every credit (except for the mouse they denied me on at Rye Playland for being too tall), we only got one cycle on SFNE Bizarro even though we had spent $93 or whatever on the Gold Q-Bot. We only spent 3.5 hours in the park. The Q-Bot allowed us to stay on schedule and get all the credits.

It's just the chance that you take when you run a super tight schedule. You can get rained out, miss credits, run out of time at a park before you do everything you want to, etc. I imagine that SFNE got Bizarro working later in the day and if we had stayed around we could have had a ton more rides.

I have a hard time blaming people for not looking at the weather forecast before going on a trip. I never do when I make plans to visit a park, why? Because I only have a couple chances a season to make trips to parks outside the immediate area, so no matter rain or shine I make plans for those days and will go no matter what. I try to never let rain ruin my day and I will normally stick around as long as possible, though. When you plan a week long trip to go to numerous parks, do you look at the weather forecast and if it looks like rain suddenly decide to cancel your plans because of that? I doubt it. If anything I enjoy rainy days at parks because of the small crowds and I don't mind getting a bit damp.

Although the rides being closed can be extremely frustrating, I agree with others who said you might have had a better time if you could have stuck around longer or been more friendly with the park and seen if there was something they could do to help you out. Maybe you could have gotten some tickets to come back at a later date if you explained that the entire reason you came was to ride the coasters for example?

I can remember going to Cedar point back in '97 with my cousin Len and my brother. The weather called for rain, and when we got there, it began to rain. We went in anyways, rode Raptor, Mantis (busted my stand up cherry on it), Blue Streak, and did the sinny (cinema) while we were there. That was all we did before the park closed because of the rain, and I believe I heard tornado warning. But while we were there, we had a great time, thus making the most of it.

So to the poster, make the most of it, no matter what, as well as what Robb said.

Two years ago I came to this park after my visit in the same day to SFNE. Mad Mouse was closed because there was just a thunderstorm and it had to dry. I turned around, not paying parking and leaving after I asked the parking attendant about the ride's status. I knew this place was particular when I found out I needed a 2nd person for Mad Mouse. I finally got my cousin with me this past Tuesday and got the two credits. There was a nice breeze off the lake while waiting at admissions. It was particular to get down right at first but I like the park now. It was a great visit.

Planning for a park is like planning for a MLB game in regards to rain. You would probably still go if thunderstorms were in the forecast and it's up to the weather if you win or lose.

Like Robb said if you had stayed you would have gotten the park to yourself it looks like.

Sorry but you know there is this channel on your TV called the weather channel. Its been known to give off the latest forecasts for your particular area. It's shocking I know because you must have never heard of it.

I don't really even understand why your mad. Your mad because the parks shut down the rides for yours and others safety? I don't even understand how this is the parks fault because they followed basic protocol and shut down all rides that are outdoors due to inclement weather. How is this the parks fault because it rained anyway?

Heres a great example anyway. You go to a football game. The game starts, in the middle of the first quarter it starts raining. A few minutes later lightning has started. Do you know what happens? They stop the game and send all the players to the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo room. That goes for High School, College, NFL, CFL and other practice sessions. Do you know why they do it? For the players and coaches Safety. If it was a indoor arena then the game would continue.

Bottom line stop blaming the park. Blame yourself for being unable to look at the weather forecast and deciding that 40% usually means it will rain.

I checked accuweather.com several times and "A Light Rain" did not correspond to me with "Shut down rides"

I think bottom line a lot of parks could learn how to deal with rain better. I do agree that sticking it out would have perhaps been the better course of action but there seems to be quite a few parks (and they range in size and location) that have either really inconsistent or dramatic or confusing rain policies.

Quassy has some real operational issues so I'd expect frustrating stories like this to only increase with the new coaster next year unless they make some changes. Last time I was there the wait at the front gate was unbearably long and slow just to get tickets, and I noticed some weird attitude things with a couple of folks at the front gate (and it takes a lot for me to notice...I'm about as laid back as they come.) It would also be nice if they policy requiring two riders on the mouse was clearly marked but at least the dude operating was nice about it and let me grab a kid and come back up to the front.