TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island super crowded PTR August 1/2

I went to Kings Island Saturday August 1st. We got to the park at about 9:10am. Re rode Diamondback 4 times during ERT, The line was about 5 Minutes at most. We could of rode probably 6 or 7 times, but we were about to ride Beast but we ended up just waiting for the rope drop. We walked to Firehawk 1 Switchback was already filled. 5 Minutes later we got row 5, the best row on Firehawk. Firehawk is actually a great ride, but the lines so long I never ride it. After an enjoyable ride on Firehawk we walked to Flight of Fear and walked right on to car 4. It wasn't as intense as usual but it was real fun. Since the line was non existent, we got back in line. This time the line was in the room before the station. We rode in the same car but a different train. Mitchell said "This seat smells weird..." Than we both said "Ewww" cause someone must of threw up, and then they cleaned it and put the cleaner on it. Although someone's threw up in every seat hundreds of times, it was gross to think someone just did not to long ago. This ride was kind of bad. I got off and filmed Firehawk and waited for Brian. Than we walked to Racer.

Racer Blue was closed so the line for Red Racer was long. It ended up only being 10 minutes, but it was worth it! Usually I ride in back car, this time I rode second row. Alot better! The airtime was just so amazing, Racer is now my 3rd. favorite ride at Kings Island. Than Adventure Express was next. The station was crowded but the back two rows were empty so we walked right on. For some reason this ride on AE wasn't near as good as usual. My stomach hurt so I went to Festhaus and ate, and watched County Line. County Line was okay, but I probably only think that cause I'm not into shows. After that I went to see how busy Drop Zone was. I'm so used to it being about 10 People in line and getting right on. But the whole queue (including outdoor section) was filled and overflowed into the midway. I was so sad cause Drop Zone had a 2 Hour wait and Son of Beast is closed. So I got inline for Top Gun, one of my favorite coasters. I'm also used to it being 10 people in the station but I was shocked to walk under the tunnel and have to stop because the line started. 45 Minutes later we were about to the steps into the station, and the ride closed due to rain. Than 5 Minutes later it reopened. I love the noise it makes when it reopens! I rode in the front seat of the last car and had a great ride as always. Next we went to Eiffel Tower, the whole queue was filled but we were on in 5 Minutes. I never take the signature shots from Eiffel, so I decided to take them. I was burning up so I wanted to go to Boomerang Bay and ride Snowy River Rampage. We waited 10 Minutes for KI&MVRR. BBay was packed, every slide had a huge line so I ended up not riding any of them. I just took alot of photos and drank some ice cold water.

We rode the train back to Rivertown, Brian had to meet with someone so I rode Diamondback during that. The whole queue was filled, they used temporary queues, and the line went to Nick Restrooms. It took about 15 Minutes for me to get on using single riders lane. Next I ate a Hot Dog at Snakepit, it was actually really good and was the best hot dog ever. Than I randomly walked to Days of Thunder and took photos of AE from it's queue. Decided to get a quick ride on Viking fury Than I walked back to Diamondback and sat down at Snakepit for an hour, watched Diamondback and talked to my friends. My mom got me a McChicken and Sweet Tea from McDonalds so I met her at the Drop Off Zone and ate by the Kennel and watched Invertigo. I was in need for a Drop Zone fix so I waited through the 90 Minute queue. This ride on DZ wasn't as good as usual, but still amazing. I met up with Brian again and we waited 10 Minutes for Blue Racer. Rode near the front and had an amazing ride!

Than Brian wanted to end his night on Diamondback so we walked to it to find the line got longer. Instead of going into the single riders line we waited through the whole queue. And guess what? I had the most amazing ride on Diamondback ever in my life. I got my favorite seat, wasn't stapled, and got a firework ride. Wow, going up the lift watching fireworks, being in the woods hearing them and every now and then seeing one was just the best thing ever! It was cold, and the perfect weather! Than the second we entered the brake run the grand finale went off. I was so happy, I just had the best ride on Diamondback ever with some of my best friends. Than everyone (but Mitchell cause Kelly stapled him) was in an amazing mood so we went to Beast. But the queue was full and overflowing so we decided not to ride. Brian went home, but me and Mitchell stayed and went back to Diamondback and rode 3 more times. We were next on Diamondback but it closed for 5 Minutes. It was 11:55pm. so we decided to get out of line and ride Beast. We sat in my favorite seat (second to last) most the train was empty, it was really cold outside, and super dark! We got the last train of the night, and when I got off I saw Nick and we talked for a Little Bit. I was so sad my day was over, but left happy knowing I had an amazing day at KI!

This was the longest the line got during ERT.

I have never noticed the saw.

Pretty random photo of Diamondback.

This is one of my favorite views of Diamondback.

As soon as the rope dropped most ERTers went to Firehawk.

Sadly I got no ride on Vortex this visit.

Firehawk was pretty much empty.

Diamondback looks nice from over here.

This ride on Firehawk was better than usual, and the crew was working fast. But later in the day they were very slow.

Flight of Fear was next, we rode twice.

Son of Beast looks so innocent.

After Racer & AE we went to Festhaus. My camera sucks indoors, when dark, with no tripod, and flash off.

I wanted to ride Congo but with a almost full queue, I'll pass...

This is one of the only times I've seen every boat filled.

Diamondback's splash is much better.

Invertigo had a full queue, and was testing after being closed for a while.

This made me really mad!

So did this.

Atleast Top Gun always has a walkon!

Ugh or not...

And to make the already 45 Minute wait longer, the ride closed cause of rain.

But it opened 5 Minutes later!

I'm still shocked to see this.

LOL.

Wow, Eiffel too!?

Part 2 in a minute!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part 2

Diamondback's line went to Nickelodeon Universe restroom.

This was taken from Eiffel, pretty good zoom!

I can even take photos of Cliff at The Beach water park a mile away.

Son of Beast trains wrapped up.

I saw probably over 20 People line jump in Backlot's queue in a 5 Minute period.

Even KI&MVRR had a full queue!

Would of been a good photo if the train was going down the drop.

We got bored and decided to go to Boomerang Bay and take photos.

I don't see why this slide is so popular, Personally it's my least favorite slide at BBay.

I enjoy visiting Boomerang Bay, it brought back alot of memories when I used to go there every time I went to KI, but only it was Waterworks.

I love how they let you get your water in BBay, it's so much better and quicker. Oh an this is the best water I've ever had, super cold!

I was going to ride Snowy River Rampage, it's my favorite slide here.

But it had a full queue and was overflowing, so I passed.

Sydney Sidewinder is a nice slide too, probably my second favorite here.

This is the only time I've ever seen Bondi Pipeline have a wait at all.

This is my least favorite slide probably.

I was bored so I filmed Lil' Bill.

The reason I took this photos is because it's going to be rare. The 262' Sign, and Midnight Sign together.

He was pretty funny.

Sadly, I only got one ride on Adventure Express today.

I usually always take this photo.

It may not seem high, but when you up there just imagine walking that high on a tiny little wire. He is really brave.

It sucked, no fans at all. Atleast when it hit the brakes a big thing of air comes.

Blurry photo cause I was holding it.

Kind of creepy, especially thinking it's past midnight and Johny died there.

Thanks for reading! Also I'll have some videos later tonight!

Diamondback- 9

Top Gun- 1

Eiffel Tower- 1

KI&MVRR- 2

Beast- 1

Racer- 2

Adventure Express- 1

Viking Fury- 1

County Line- 1

Drop Zone- 1

Flight of Fear- 2

Firehawk- 1

That was the most crowded day I've seen this season. I knew I saw you, especcially when this woman yelled at me, freaking out because she saw you leaning over to the side while riding Diamondback. I told her everything is out of arms reach; but she insisted that you were trying to grab/touch things, and you could have been killed.

Yup. Saturday was a FANTASTIC day. I can't tell you how many line jumpers I kicked out of line.

Interesting about the SOB trains. I went on the 20th and the trains werent even there from what i could tell from the line for Flight Deck.

I doubt that SOB will re-open this season.

Great TR tho.

Yeah they just got wrapped up in the past week or so. I have a feeling it won't be open either. Some of my friends working in the Emporium said it's getting new trains, again, but I don't believe it.

I finally got the same camera as you, Nick!

It takes awesome photos, but I agree about it taking bad indoor pictures.

Nice P:TR

Cool!

That was the most crowded day I've seen this season. I knew I saw you, especcially when this woman yelled at me, freaking out because she saw you leaning over to the side while riding Diamondback. I told her everything is out of arms reach; but she insisted that you were trying to grab/touch things, and you could have been killed.

Yup. Saturday was a FANTASTIC day. I can't tell you how many line jumpers I kicked out of line.

Same here, I was so pissed to see Top Gun having a 45 Minute wait. Yeah I saw you alot, I was going to say Hi, but I wasn't sure if you remembered me and didn't want to feel weird. Same goes fro Gabriel. By the way, I hate Kelly she stapled me and I said "Crap I got stapled" Than she said "No you didn't, you wanna see stapled I'll give you stapled!" Than she stapled me even more, wow that ride was bad. But than I made sure I sat on the opposite side each time and she stapled other people. Haha, Yeah going up the lift I always do that, and during the ride I sometimes do too. I also tried to turn my head backwards to see what DB would be like Backwards and the people behind me freaked out. Oh, Yeah I saw tons of line jumpers, I have alot of photos to prove it too.

All I've heard is that the inspectors cleared it and said nothing is wrong with it. The park still said that there is no time line for it to reopen, so for all we know it could remain closed the rest of the season.

Thats exactly what I've heard too. Kings Island can open it when ever they want, but they just haven't.

Isn't SOB supposed to be re-opening soon?

Supposedly.

Son of Beast trains wrapped up.

I was there on the 27th and they weren't wrapped up, they must have just done that recently.

Yeah they just recently got wrapped up.

I spy a familiar face in the crowd...

I'm guessing you see yourself in the photo?

People complain about line jumping all the time, but all you have to do is report it to a ride op, and we'll get them out of line! I really wish people would help report. We can't help you unless you help us! The first step is letting us know.

But I will say that I am always looking out when I'm at greeter or seperator.

I know just as well as you do that line jumping sucks.

-Zach

People complain about line jumping all the time, but all you have to do is report it to a ride op, and we'll get them out of line! I really wish people would help report. We can't help you unless you help us! The first step is letting us know.

-Zach

Just a question. But how can you tell if someone is being truthful when they say that a certain person or group jumped the line? I mean I can say that group of 15 people cut infront of me, and be that much closer to the ride.

On topic. That SoB picture with the trains made me happy. Hopefully they strike the match soon.

Wish you had uploaded your pictures to TPR, because I can't view them. Oh well. One thing struck me as strange: You said you're used to Drop Zone being a ten minute wait. What days do you go on? The only time I've seen it a 10 minute wait is when the park is REALLY empty. Drop Zone is one of the most popular rides in the park.

-James Dillaman

If SOB was getting new trains why would they cover/ protect the ones they use now?....

True, there must be something far more sinister going on....

James *gonna check the interweb for alien landing sights.... the rosebowl looks very suspicious.* Dillaman

Lol.

If SOB was getting new trains why would they cover/ protect the ones they use now?....

If SOB ends up getting new trains, than the Gerstlauer ones could be put on another coaster.

^ There loading fine for me.

Same.

Wish you had uploaded your pictures to TPR, because I can't view them. Oh well. One thing struck me as strange: You said you're used to Drop Zone being a ten minute wait. What days do you go on? The only time I've seen it a 10 minute wait is when the park is REALLY empty. Drop Zone is one of the most popular rides in the park.

-James Dillaman

Sorry, My next PTR I will. The reason I don't upload on TPR is because I post my PTRs on alot of websites and I just copy & paste it. But really, almost every time I've gone to KI this season it's had about 10 people in line, sometimes less sometimes more. I must be lucky.

-Zach

Just a question. But how can you tell if someone is being truthful when they say that a certain person or group jumped the line? I mean I can say that group of 15 people cut infront of me, and be that much closer to the ride.

On topic. That SoB picture with the trains made me happy. Hopefully they strike the match soon.

When someone line jumps, they have to have two separate groups confirm they line jumped.

New trains would help alot probably. One other thing i remember about SOB fromt eh flight deck line (which was walk-on) The queue line audio for SOB was running. Shouldnt they have that turned off?

Even though I do love SOB alot, I just wish they'd remove the rosebowl, make two big airtime hills, than some type of turn around. Than do a few more hills into the second helix and get Intamin trains. And yeah they have the spiel playing, it's kind of creepy.

-Zach

I didn't report it to a Ride Opt. but I did tell a security guard and than the guard walked over there. I didn't get to see what happened cause I went to Diamondback but hopefully they were removed from the line. I saw Greg Sheid catch someone smoking inf a non smoking area, A few security guards came and walked him either out of the park or to an office to talk to him.

There were testing SoB last week or the week before, and now the trains are all wrapped up. I have a feeling that we won't be seeing this thing running for the rest of the season - and hopefully not ever again. Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think the trains were even tarped when they modified it after the accident.

State inspectors have cleared Son of Beast, but based on non-committal comments such as this one:

Kings Island spokesman Don Helbig said “though I would like to have an exact date, it would be inappropriate to speculate on when exactly the ride may re-open.”

Source

I tend to think that if you haven't yet ridden Son of Beast, you're not going to ride Son of Beast.