TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Do You Think Of Morgan

Steel Eel in the backseat is a definite contender for "Best Air Time Ever!"

I'll second that!!!

i'll third that, and fourth it, and ...!

plus what kind of lines can you possibly have at sea world? i went on it a good 4 times in a row in that seat !

and i didn't have to get off great white until i had a headache, except sometimes i had to get out of the front b/c people were queued for it

what is lovely about the morgans is the lapbars are giant and huge and cumbersome so they leave tons of safe ejection room.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I have been on only two Morgans in Mamba and Wild Thing and though they did have pretty basic and roomy restraints, they didn't offer extreme ejector air (ya, even Wild Thing wasn't that intense) and a thing that bothered me is you have to be over like 5'10" to see out of the train.

yeah, Mamba isn't very good,

steel eel has ejector air on every single hill, except the bunny hills are painful.

I mean Mamba isn't bad by any means, it did have some nice air on the first drop thing that Morgan does and also on the second hill. After the MCBR it had some air on the bunny hills in the front as well. Honestly I found it to be more exciting than Wild Thing. WT had that one hill of sustained airtime which was rad, but after that it was pretty boring.

Nobody has really mentioned it yet, but the reason that the Morgan trains are vastly different on Phantom's Revenge is that they are NOT Morgan trains.

The Phantom's Revenge trains are new shells placed over the same old Arrow chassis. Just check out the wheels

I also find it funny that people still think that the second half is violent even after they have installed magnetic brakes all over the thing. It might be the only ride trimmed to hell that most people don't notice.

My Morgan Top Three:

1. Phantoms Revenge

2. Steel Eel

3. Steel Force

Steel Eel in the backseat is a definite contender for "Best Air Time Ever!"

I'll second that!!!

plus what kind of lines can you possibly have at sea world?

I waited an hour for Steel Eel

When Wild West World was open, they were planning on building a Thunderbird (GCI) clone. Then they said they were deciding between the woodie or a Chance Morgan mini-hyper at about 150 feet tall. Would have enjoyed that airtime ... But my point is, a Chance Morgan coaster was ALMOST built. Almost ...

• 4 years later...

I've only been on Wild Thing. It's nothing mind-blowing, but still a lot of fun. It's definitely the best in the front row, and the airtime on the first hill is really awesome. The second half can either be forceless or decently fun, depending on how hard the MCBR slows the train. Luckily, the brakes weren't too bad last year. I hope it stays that way.

I can't officially speak for all Morgans, but I feel that once most enthusiasts have been on a B&M or Intamin hyper, Morgans must feel like a letdown, and that's probably why they don't have the highest reputation.

On a side note, I drove past West Coaster last summer when I was in Los Angeles, but I skipped it because I didn't think it would be worth it.

Edited by VF15

I've only been on Wild Thing. It's nothing mind-blowing, but still a lot of fun. It's definitely the best in the front row.

This perfectly describes the only Morgan I've been on: Steel Force.

I can't officially speak for all Morgans, but I feel that once most enthusiasts have been on a B&M or Intamin hyper, Morgans must feel like a letdown, and that's probably why they don't have the highest reputation.

I get what you mean, but there was just something on Steel Force that made it a lot of fun. Even though your feet are not dangling like on B&M hypers I felt that the restraints allowed you to move vertically a bit more which made those last hills great! I don't think they are "as good" but it put a smile on my face in a way many coasters didn't, and I praise them for that.

Quicksilver Express at Gilroy Gardens looks very innocent but has some seriously epic moments. Maybe that's because I wasn't expecting much, but it was actually quite fun. The best part is that the park often seems to be dead in terms of crowds, meaning you can easily marathon it.

Only been on Steel Eel, a Toboggan, a Zipper and Colossus with Morgan train.

Steel Eel is an amazing coaster, can't tell if it's ejector or floater, I think the airtime is more floater than ejector. It gets a bit painful after marathoning for ten times though.

Toboggan is very bizarre, but better than I thought because I've been on a knock-off Toboggan before.

Zipper is intense, we rocked the car so hard that we got around 40 inversions.

Colossus train... It's a train.

DH Morgan is odd as it can vary from mediocre family coasters (Wild Thing) to WTH Thrill Coasters (Phantoms Revenge)

I guess my rank would be (From worst to best)

6. Wild Thing

5. Steel Force

4. West Coaster

3. Quicksilver Express

2. Steel Eel (The corn in the turd of the park)

1. Phantoms Revenge