TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

JACKED! - A Topic on Theft

Emiroo

In no way do I condone any kind of crime, but I thought it might be interesting to hear some tales of theft and thievery.

Thief: As a kid, I would often swipe small candy items from the local convenient. Occasionally a pack of baseball cards. A few years ago there was a pair of sunglasses I liked at the grocery. They wanted $20 for them. I thought that was too much so instead I put them in my pocket and walked out with them. I can't really explain why I did it and still feel kinda bad about it. The ironic part is that they turned out to be kind of uncomfortable and I thought I looked dumb in them.

Victim: When I was 12 my bike was stolen. This was a major event in my childhood. My bike (along with my NES) was my whole world. I can recall only a few other moments in my lifetime where I have been more upset. The silver lining is that we got an insurance check for it that covered the cost of a new Haro Sport. Old School BMXers will appreciate how awesome an upgrade that was. More recently, I had my Garmin Nuvi 350 stolen from my car. It was hidden away, but I left my doors unlocked and it was taken in the night. Apparently the thief was discriminating in his choices as he looked/rifled through all the glove boxes, cubbies, cds, etc, but all he took was the GPS. I contacted the cops and Garmin with the serial number but they both said I'm pretty much screwed. But I get the last laugh because in just a few months, the maps will be outdated. Outdated I tell you! Good luck getting to your correct destination in 2010 with 2009 maps!

I've also been on both ends of the "infinite borrow" of books/movies/games/cds/etc with friends, but that's not quite in the same league.

Let's hear your victim/thief stories.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thief: I swiped stuff from the school store in middle school. At my old job at Panera, I snuck home panini sandwiches at the end of the night (they were going to get thrown out anyway).

Victim: Pokemon cards, I could go on all day about these stories of crap trades and/or one of my holographic cards being swapped while at that weekly event at Toys R Us years ago.

Thief:

You can call me a pirate. I've stolen music, movies, TV shows, and video games through torrents, YouTube downloads, and downloading individual mp3's, ROMs.

I've stolen back tons of personal belongings that my parents took away from me ever since I was very small. I'm actually very good at finding hiding spots. The only places I can't look are the safe, locked cabinets, and my parent's workplace.

Victim:

Let's see...

Shirts, lunchboxes, a Harry Potter book, various Game Boy Color games, a Peanuts compilation book, homework, jackets, some toys that my friends borrowed, money, a USB drive, a TI-83 Plus, and a couple of CDs.

Thief: Back before I got my Ipod and Itunes. Mp3's. I still have about 4 gigs of music saved, but don't listen to them.

Victim: My childhood. My parents seperated when I was about 14 and it seems since then, I have had to contribute more than any other child has or should and still am at 26.

Thief: When I was a kid, I took a candy bar now and then, but that was about it.

Victim: My 1983 Toyota Supra was stolen three times, and I got it back three times, though not necessarily in the best of condition. Apparently it was cheaper for the insurance company to replace seats, stereos, and wheels than to total out the car.

Eric

Oh yea...I did get seat-jacked at Great America. I go to put my stuff in the cubbies and go to my seat only to find my seat taken by a group of teens that were behind me...go figure...After making it a point to my cousin, I just grabbed an empty seat in the row ahead. Stupid seat-jackers!