TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Free Flash Pass at Six Flags for Flip Camcorder Owners

Show your Flip Video Camcorder at participating Six Flags parks on Sundays between July 26 and September 6 and receive a voucher good for a FREE single rider Flash Pass to skip the ride lines.

Excludes Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, The Great Escape and water parks.

Details here.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're pretty much endorsing amateur povs here.

Yup, they sure are!

It still frustrates me just a bit that Six Flags makes us sign paperwork and reads us the riot act about our members not bringing cameras on board any rides during our events or ERT sessions, yet there are a bazillion illegal POVs posted to YouTube that Six Flags hasn't bothered to remove.

It's VERY easy for someone to sign up for YouTube's "Content Verification Program" and have un-authorized videos removed (we do it for people who steal TPR videos and post them) so I don't see why Six Flags doesn't do this also if they are really that concerned about cameras on rides.

--Robb

If any other park chain had come up with this, I would've called it one of the most moronic things they'd ever done. But it's Six Flags, so it doesn't really even stand out.

While not an awful idea, I just have to question how this helps Six Flags. Unless Flip is paying ad money or for the Flash Pass cost, this just seems really out of left field.

I'm also not sure how many people who own a flip camera and are not season pass holders are going to go for this. This would have them pay parking, admission and then expect others who go with to also buy a Flash Pass all for a Flash Pass. Guessing it is the basic, that would be a savings of what, 30 bucks at best.

On top of that, like Robb said, it will lead to even more on ride POV. I've seen those stupid flip cameras on way too many coaster this year already.

It's VERY easy for someone to sign up for YouTube's "Content Verification Program" and have un-authorized videos removed (we do it for people who steal TPR videos and post them) so I don't see why Six Flags doesn't do this also if they are really that concerned about cameras on rides.

--Robb

It's near impossible to police all videos using this. They'd have to get a pov of all the rides in the chain, and even if they put this system in they couldn't have it catch all lighting possibilities, all the cars it could be filmed in, etc. They could catch the majority through a search though.

It's near impossible to police all videos using this. They'd have to get a pov of all the rides in the chain, and even if they put this system in they couldn't have it catch all lighting possibilities, all the cars it could be filmed in, etc.

Before they spent thousands implementing accurate video recognition software for on-ride videos, I hope that someone from Six Flags would think "I know, we could just type 'Medusa POV' into a search engine".

--Robb

It's near impossible to police all videos using this. They'd have to get a pov of all the rides in the chain, and even if they put this system in they couldn't have it catch all lighting possibilities, all the cars it could be filmed in, etc. They could catch the majority through a search though.

You don't quite get how the "Content Verification Program" works.

In my YouTube window (since I'm a registered content provider who owns the rights to all our footage) I have an extra option under "flag video" whereas I can flag a video that contains my copyrighted material.

That video is then removed from the system and the owner of the video needs to contact YouTube to dispute my claim.

The same thing can be done for any illegal POVs where the park did not authorize the video to be taken. They can flag the videos and have them removed.

It's actually quite simple. In one afternoon I'm sure someone at Six Flags Corporate could easily go flag a huge percentage of all the onride videos taken at various Six Flags parks if they so wanted to.

--Robb

• 5 weeks later...

I would appear that if you...

READ THE DETAILS

It says...

"Show your Flip Video Camcorder at participating Six Flags parks on Sundays between July 26 and September 6 and receive a voucher good for a FREE single rider Flash Pass to skip the ride lines. "