TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Credit Whorish thing you've ever done

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really can't think of anything. I mean, I've ridden a few kiddie coasters, but just to see what they were like. I don't even ride Boomerangs or SLCs anymore unless there's something really different about them or I'm with someone else who wants to ride them.

I am the anti-whore. I'm a credit...er...well, not virgin really. What would be the opposite of whore in this instance??

My family vacations at the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri every year, and yesterday I thought I'd up the one credit they have down here: a Zamperla Powered Coaster called Runaway Mine Train. Needless to say, the only people riding it were under the age of 4 and an occasional parent. Despite the odd looks I got from bystanders and ride ops alike, I braved front row on this beast, and I must say that I really enjoyed it.

SFNE's Great Chase

Convinced a friend to intentionally dare me to ride the coaster in front of our friends.

I wanted the credit as I get closer to 200 but didn't want to face the embarasment in the group environment.

Since I was "dared" there was no shame.

The first day of the Behemoth/Ravine Flyer trip, Prawgdawg (I think is his name on here) and I legally stole some kids to ride Bear Trax at Seabreeze. Too bad when we got up to the front of the line, our KIDS were too tall to ride. So in a panic, he tried to steal the kids behind us, right in front of the ride op and she was all "GTFO."

So later we went back and got some kids from their parents who were getting off the ride. As we waited in line, the op kept looking at us suspiciously and then picked up the phone, staring at us the whole time. Shortly thereafter, a security guard walked up and asked us if we knew these kids. Fortunately, their parents were standing nearby and waved sweetly to us. The security guy apologized and we got on.

I think that's about the dirtiest I ever felt getting a credit.

I have to say I'm on a stint of being an official credit whore because I'm only 10 short of #200.

It started when I rode Grovers express at BGE. Then drove down to Wildwood, NJ yesterday for 5 credits there. Tomorrow I'm off to Knoebels for those credits and on the way back making a pit stop at Dorney (after 5pm cause it's only $20 admission after then) for Possessed and any Kiddie coaster credits. Then next weekend I'm off to SF New England for 2 missed credits there and then on the way back, making a pit stop at Lake Compounce to add those and make Boulder Dash #200.

Phew.

Let's see...I 'stole a kid' for Jr. Gemini, got the ride op at KI to let me ride Little Bill's Giggle Coaster without a kid, and I've ridden pretty much every single other kiddie coaster at every amusement park I've been to.

I've not done any credit whoring...mainly due to lack of opportunities. That said, does anyone know if I can be a credit whore on the Delgrosso's Wacky Worm? If I need a child with me to ride, I'll pass.

I've also heard that Waldameer GM Steve Gorman can often be found in the Ravine Flyer II station, and if you talk to him, he'll let you go on Ravine Flyer 3. We shall see...

I just rode the Miner Mike at Knucklehead's in Wisconsin Dells last week. My family thought I was crazy. I didn't realize until I got home that it was number 75 for me.

I bow to Big Mike for finding the best ways to get on some of these kiddie coasters though.

Ok so today beats my last post. I am currently on West Coast with TPR & we went to SFDK today. The only way we could ride Roadrunner is with a child. So my roommate & I are standing in line trying to figure out something that can work. To our luck a lady standing behind us did not want to ride so I started a conversation about TPR. I also told her kid that if he would ride with me I would give him $1. It worked! I got the credit for $1 That was definitely the most whorish thing I've ever done.