TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Credit Whorish thing you've ever done

Woodstock Express at Cedar Point. It was a walk-on but the train took ages to dispatch because a ten-year old was deciding whether it was too scary or not.

Flew up to the Gold Coast last year just to ride Storm Coaster (worth it!)

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't count kiddie rides as credits. Obviously I can see how you can count them, but to me it isn't a "real" credit.

Some of these stories are great. BTW. Most "credit whorish" thing I did was wait 45 minutes for The Bat at Lagoon for the family Vekoma SLC credit.

I went to Wisconsin to visit my Grandma (originally I'm from Ohio) and I had to beg her to borrow her car, and then I drove (alone) an hour and a half to Mt Olympus to ride Hades 360 and the rest of the coasters. I think it was completely worth it, and I would do it again. Just maybe not for Mt Olympus...

• 2 years later...

I haven't really "credit whored" since early in my "coaster enthusiasm" days, but back then, I rode both Beaver Land Mine Ride at Geauga Lake, and Big Dipper at Michigan's Adventure solely for the credit. Funny story on Big DIpper... They had those really flimsy plastic clip seat belts on it back then (think of what they have on shopping carts for the kids), and after going over a bump, that thing popped right off of me! There was a lap bar, so I wasn't in any danger, but still...

I almost considered riding Ninja at SFStL for the credit since it had no line and we had a half hour left. That's pretty much it. I ultimately decided that even if it was a clone, Mr Freeze: Reverse Blast was still a new credit and I'd rather not leave SFStL with bleeding ears. We also opted for the mine train over Ninja as well.

I've been on the kiddie coaster at my home park, but I was with my friend and his little sister was scared to ride any of the big coasters (she did get on Road Runner and Pandemonium). Plus, who doesn't have the credit for the kiddie coaster at their home park?

I haven't done it yet, but as soon as I get the opportunity to go to Kennywood, I'm going straight to the potato patch. If that doesn't happen, I'm going to train myself to become a lucid dreamer so I can taste the fries in my dreams.

How does that make you Whorish?

I like putting fries in my butt.

This is pretty tame, but I'm a little ashamed to say that, on our most recent vacation, I pestered my dad to take a few hours out of a stay in Orlando to go to Fun Spot, even though we were going to stay with friends at a Disney resort for a few hours.

At least he really liked White Lightning.

I managed to convince a group of 6 former Dorney ride ops to ride Blackbeards Lost Treasure Train because "The train is so long we're bound to get some airtime if we sit in the back!"

I just wanted the credit

^There is NEVER anything wrong with making a special trip to ride White Lightning! That ride is SO amazing!

Indeed. That ride was insanely fast-paced, generally out of control, and a whole lot of fun. However, I did roll my eyes upon hearing Dad's claims that the ride was "rickety", because it consists of wood track built on a 100% steel frame.

Fun Spot rules. Every trip to Orlando should include a trip to Fun Spot (especially if you're of legal drinking age).

I definitely agree! On our last trip to Central Florida as a family, we did Magic Kingdom, Legoland, and Fun Spot, and Fun Spot was the favorite stop for those of us who went there! (Legoland was also more fun than Magic Kingdom, FWIW!)

While not that much of a credit whorish thing (more just sad and pathetic), was Puff the little dragon at Lagoon. For some reason, John and I (both grown adults) ending up squished into the same row. When the ride op came by to check our restraint he just looked down at, shook his head slightly, and said we were good and didn't even touch the restraint. We both started laughing at how sad and ridiculous it was

I went to John's Incredible Pizza and got that puny credit there. Easily the most embarrassed I've been credit whoring. I may be a credit whore, but I'm probably gonna just skip the one up in NorCal. I think I found my line.

While not that much of a credit whorish thing (more just sad and pathetic), was Puff the little dragon at Lagoon. For some reason, John and I (both grown adults) ending up squished into the same row. When the ride op came by to check our restraint he just looked down at, shook his head slightly, and said we were good and didn't even touch the restraint. We both started laughing at how sad and ridiculous it was

Something similar happened to me. I rode a kiddy coaster at a park that I will not mention (All I can say is the state has/had a Six Flags park) and couldn't lock my restraint. The operator said "You'll be fine."

I was.

I showed a coaster group card at Universal Orlando just to ride Pterandon Flyers (WAY better than Rockit)

• 1 month later...