TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most Credit Whorish thing you've ever done

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--I rode an Orient Express that I thought was a powered coaster, just in case I ever ended up deciding to count powered coasters! (I do, and it wasn't.)

--I rode a Wacky Worm at a carnival. The ride was from Butler Amusements.

Later, I went to another Butler Amusements carnival. I saw a Wacky Worm. I rode it. I counted it as a new credit.

...In fact, I even went to the trouble of proving it was not the same Wacky Worm, therefore confirming it as a completely legitimate credit!

--I went Whorin' Over California for three days. Five kiddie coasters in one day. Six kiddie coasters in two days. (That's including the five-in-one. I did not ride eleven!) Two sets of clones for four total Wisdom kiddies. Plus more credits on top of that--and more coasters on top of that!

And those are just the MOST credit whorish things I've done...

I guess mine would have to be riding Road Runner Railway at Great Adventure... and taking my non-enthusiast friend on with me. However, we rode just for the sake of riding all 13 coasters at the park, a feat only done by the few brave souls on non-crowded days.

The Great Chase at SFA.

The ride-op just gave me this look like "Are you serious?" and wound up sitting another kid with me. That was a hard credit to earn too. The kid I was supposed to be the "responsible rider" of tried to climb out, and since that ride isn't designed for anyone above the age of like five, I kept slamming into the sides. My stomach still hurts from that ride .

^I rode The Great Chase with my friend and we were both in great pain on that ride/

The most whorish I've been was when I was on my way to work I stopped off and rode Python Pit at Go-Karts Plus in W-burg and on my way back from Baltimore I stopped off at Funland in Fredericksburg for Jett Star.

The Jett Star one was particularly embarrassing because they had to search out the ride op and they just let me ride continuously until I told them to stop after like the 10th lap. Then the lapbar had trouble releasing and the ride op didn't know how to manually release it. They had to call a supervisor in to help out. I practically ran out of there when I was done.

I'm not much of a credit whore, i mean i have kids so i got an excuse to ride kiddie coasters. But, my cousin doesn't have many credits so we plan on hitting anything with a track to get his numbers up. One thing i always wonder is if they would let us ride percy during wcb, i could see everyone running for percy during ert.

Driving to a not-so-great part of Detroit just to whore Python Pit at Jeepers.
Same here! Add running out of the place as quickly as possible and we took the same whore trip.

Then again, the credit whorish thing was when I went back to get the Big Mike card, which was gone. Oh, Jeepers...

Last August I went up to Chicago to ride the Kiddieland Little Dipper while I could. Along the way I nabbed the Safari Land Tiger Terror credit and the Python Pit at Go Bananas! Harwood Heights (and the latter turned out to be my 100th credit; what a landmark ride to take that milestone, you know!). Off and on throughout the day there had been thunderstorms, but it had stopped raining by the time I made it to Haunted Trails to ride the Miner Mike coaster. We got there, bought our tickets and went outside only to be informed that the rain had caused some difficulties with the coaster's brakes. The ride op (who was very nice, BTW, and seemed totally unfazed that two twenty-somethings were waiting to ride perhaps one of the lamest excuses for a coaster ever) was cycling the train in the hopes that things would dry out, but to no avail. We had a five hour drive ahead of us and I had to be up early the next day for my first day of work, so we couldn't wait it out.

I still have that ride ticket, though, and it doesn't expire...

Definitely Zuma's at Knoxville on the Deep South Trip, an all time low. I drank a lot that night to try and deal with the shame. I even took a POV, I rode the next train after the enthusiasts in this photo.

P1050932.JPG.9c6d733b80a0b6610aa530ea483a7a09.JPG

The all time low, never ride a coaster where you are taller than the lift hill.

Waiting four trains to ride Canyon Blaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain because I didn't have the credit. This was on a day when everything else in the park except X2 was at most a three train wait.

Going over and waiting in line for the Sea Serpent at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk comes pretty close too, but that was only a couple minutes on a day when nothing had a line (at least during most of the day).

Probably Great Chase at SFA yesterday. I can't imagine how any kid would want to ride a bigger coaster after that pile of manure.

Same here, I also got on the kiddie coaster by Nitro at SFGAdv last summer... I felt pretty stupid and all the parent's were looking at me like I was:

a. a jerk for riding the ride and making a kid wait longer and...

b. dumb for wasting my time riding the ride.

But oh well, I got everything else done with re-rides and had plenty of time to kill.

And adding to my Zamperla credit whore ways, I recently got on Woodstock Express at Dorney. My fiancee took the front while I rode in the back as only one adult is allowed per car

Edited by Capitalize

My fiancé and I got the Taxi Jam credit at Kings Dominion last year because I'm under 60 inches tall, and he was "accompanied" by me. The ride op made some comment about needing to be under 60, and then when we told her I was, she measured me and said something like, "Oh yeah you are! Well that's okay, so am I!" And she bent down so her head was below the height stick.

• 3 years later...

What was the craziest thing you've done to get a credit (kiddie coaster, thrilling coasters etc.) Tell us!

I start with one coaster that is really hard to get here in Europe…the famous ''La Coccinelle'' at Walibi Belgium!

First of all, I tried to get the credit without asking one of the park's managers, but the ride operator was SO mean and she told me to call the security, so there was no other possibility! I was just standing in line and when she saw me she started a discussion (It was my first visit to the park?!) I showed her the park map telling that the coaster is allowed for people over 1,20 meters. She still told me that this coaster is not for adults. Since I was there with a friend knowing the manager of the supervisors, we went to the information desk asking for that guy. She called him, we met up at the coaster and I got that credit! I was SO happy! You have to be a real credit whore to put that much effort in getting a credit and you should have some connections…

More about whoring flat rides, but rode aride that had just re opened after an accident where somebody had legit almost died at a REALLY sketchy fai

Also, not credit whoring, more YouTube.view whoring, but still pretty bad.... as I don't go to many parks, stopping at every csrnival I see, no matter how sketchy, just to get footage if they have decent rides.