TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Warren Spector's "Epic Mickey"/Steampunk WDW Game

This game has been rumored to be in the works since 2007 so I doubt that it is something that will simply be canceled and not released. Warren Spector has helped with some pretty critically acclaimed games so I'm interested to see how the project turns out.

Two years in development is NOTHING!

I have worked on projects that have sat in development for much longer that got cancelled, brought back to life, cancelled again, etc.

cough: duke nukem forever:cough Any way, I can't wait for the Boy and his blob on Wii but will it be Halo good?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have worked on projects that have sat in development for much longer that got cancelled, brought back to life, cancelled again, etc.

Cool Spot???

(BTW, I still love that freakin' game)

As for the concept art of this game, honestly, I'm not a "hard core" gamer so I'm probably not the best person to review it. It looks "okay", but I don't think it's going to get me to rush out and plop down $400 to buy a PS3 anytime soon.

I don't own a PS3 or a 360. I'm perfectly happy with my Wii, PS2 and GC (that we STILL use).

New info from Computer & Video games:

We've since been told that it's a Wii-exclusive where you paint your way through levels using the Wii Remote. This 'painting your way' involves you drawing, etching and erasing whole or parts of levels as you go. Capcom's Okami immediately springs to mind but we've not got enough info to go on to make any kind of informed judgement.

As for the story, we've also been told that it'll be based around very old and/or forgotten Disney characters who are out to get their revenge on Mickey, presumably because they're jealous of all his fame and fortune. We Googled 'early Disney characters' and found that Oswald the Lucky Rabbit returned a lot of hits. A bit before even CVG's time all that though.

For those who don't know, this won't be the first console game based on WDW. There was a little known Capcom gem for the NES called Adventures in the Magic Kingdom. I have a copy complete with the box and instructions.

^ the space mountain level was a real pain in the arse.

New info from Computer & Video games:

We've since been told that it's a Wii-exclusive where you paint your way through levels using the Wii Remote. This 'painting your way' involves you drawing, etching and erasing whole or parts of levels as you go. Capcom's Okami immediately springs to mind but we've not got enough info to go on to make any kind of informed judgement.

As for the story, we've also been told that it'll be based around very old and/or forgotten Disney characters who are out to get their revenge on Mickey, presumably because they're jealous of all his fame and fortune. We Googled 'early Disney characters' and found that Oswald the Lucky Rabbit returned a lot of hits. A bit before even CVG's time all that though.

I loved Okami! Sounds like very experimental gameplay though.. hope it works!

slicknixon don't forget about Walt Disney World Quest: Magical Racing Tour for the Sega Dreamcast. It was a Mario Kart knock-off that featured tracks which are loosely based on real Walt Disney World rides, such as Splash Mountain, Dinosaur, and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Im still waiting for my dream game, Grand Theft Auto: Lake Buena Vista. Throw a few gernades off the people mover, take a flame thrower into Its a Small World, blow up the Imagination Pavilion and free Figment and DreamFinder. That'd be cool

It's been very interesting reading Robb and Dave's insight to the game development biz, never been a huge gamer but a little perspective into the development of a project of that nature is interesting. Thanks guys