TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[NL] Egyptian Expedition

Travel through an Egyptian tomb on this latest journey. Eight adventurers at a time will be launched into an ancient pyramid, searching for the Pharaoh's treasure, and escaping the army of the undead. Passengers will reach speeds of over 50mph, endure multiple inversions, and experience extreme negative g's while falling down a daring, 90* drop. Can you survive the expedition?

Comments are greatly appreciated!

Egyption Expedition.nltrack

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice ride. The setting is really neat and you added a new element that was absolutely crazy. Your trackwork is getting better with every ride you build and now that you know how to work AHG, they get even better.

Your support work is also superb. The building was also outstanding.

And lastly, check your PMs.

Sorry to bust your bubble but you may have accidently ripped off what you originally called the best Nolimits coaster ever (I suspect, subconsiously):

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43909&highlight=pyramid

But I'll try and overlook that in my rate.

Positives

-As always, your track work has improved since your last ride.

-Very professional building style.

-Nice use of catwalks.

-Great support work.

-The layout before the MCBR was astonishingly fun.

-Nice setting.

Negatives

-The second and the first half didn't mesh well (one had fast pacing and dynamic elements while the other was more sluggish and gimmick orientated).

-I felt more could be done scenery-wise with the first half of the ride (more rooms, for example).

My Verdict

Another stunning if uneven ride from one of my favourite builders on this site.

8/10

Wow, I had honestly completely forgotten about that coaster. My spirit has been slight lightly dampened after remembering that...but they are still very different coasters.

Thanks for all the comments, guys!

Wow i loved the first half of the ride, so compact and intense!

However, the second half really let it down; generally with any ride you want to build to a climax and after the speedy first half the second part really killed it.

Anyhoo, really good use of tunnels and i liked the support work very much. next time, though, make sure there are about twice as many as there is here; Euro-fighters use lots of small beams to support their track instead of a few large ones, just something to bear in mind

Overall 8.5/10

Before I give a review and rating, I want to offer the advice of changing the LIMs on the crazy loop to brakes instead of transport. If you check "Hide Brake-Device," it'll just show the magnets. And if you E-stop, it won't be affected. The same goes for the launch segment. I feel it makes it a bit easier to prevent a rollback, and it can prevent collisions.

^It's not. Try it out!

Thanks for the advice, haux. I have uploaded a new version of the ride that passes E-stop from any point in the ride. I'm looking forward to your review.

I knew that's what this post would be. Sorry. I was busy with work, and I went to the zoo on my day off yesterday. Just trying to get my eyes off the computer. I'll post a review shortly.

Here's my review: The first half of the ride is pretty good. It's fast paced, has good changes in direction and is a little disorienting, mostly because of the walls. Sometimes I didn't know what direction I was facing.

But the ride slows down after the block brake. The layout's not much after that, and I didn't find that ending loop thing interesting.

As I mentioned before, you should make the LIM sections brakes with the brake part invisible. That works better and prevents E-stop failures.

In that same vein, you should remove the brakes in the stations and maybe the block before the stations. These types of rides only use brakes at the end of the ride or in block sections. The stations are only tire driven, and the brake segment before the station probably could just be tire driven.

The uphill brakes are just weird. Brakes and tires? That's unusual. It might have been better as a lift hill.

There are a few minor bumps and pumps, notably in the second inversion.

Lastly, you did a pretty good job on supports, but there were a few parts that were seriously inadequate. I have attached two as images. The one not pictured is in your overbanked turn after the Immelmann.

Overall, 6/10.

egypt2.jpg.17f743cfdb46fc11019e6200ab1e68e9.jpg

This support in the Immelmann won't hold it up. Customizing supports is a challenge, and these couple of supports can't hold up. You should try different approaches. I know there's track below it that gets in the way, but just attaching a super long support won't solve the problem.

egypt1.jpg.d854947bbe55f0df6717e3d64588a0ac.jpg

That support juts way too far out. The little lateral support isn't enough. With the speed the car goes through it, it would bend or break. You could have worked around this problem.

Thanks for the review, haux. I always look forward to them (even though I sometimes find them to be a bit rough ).

The only thing I didn't understand was what you meant by "remove the brakes in the station." What do you mean? I thought all stations use brakes...

Also, any suggestions on what to do with the supports? I knew those looked a bit awkward (and probably wouldn't hold), but I couldn't figure out how else to build them.