TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Wild Rivers 7/22/09

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks just like my local park Water Safari in Old Forge, NY, They have the same mat slides and they have the same rubber slides and There Called Bombay Blasters they must have been built by the same people. Also they have one of those crazy rapids rides down the side of a hill.

http://www.watersafari.com/attractions/index.cfm?content_id=230

I went to this place so much my sophomore year in high school over 15 years ago! that was the summer Wipeout first opened. What is so funny is most of the rides are the same. Congo Rapids used to be my favorite. We would piss off the lifeguards by going down the slide with no rafts.....so much fun. memories!

This looks just like my local park Water Safari in Old Forge, NY, They have the same mat slides and they have the same rubber slides and There Called Bombay Blasters they must have been built by the same people. Also they have one of those crazy rapids rides down the side of a hill.

http://www.watersafari.com/attractions/index.cfm?content_id=230

You live near there?! Sweet! I just was there about a week ago! The park is GREAT! I LOVE the new ride The Curse of the Silverback! The first day we went there we got right on since it was raining all day, then the next day (Saturday) the wait was like an hour and a half! It does kind of look like this park but Water Safari is WAY better + there's a lot of more rides!!

I saw the Malcom in the Middle episode with this water park! And Dewey had to stay home lol

Why did the Liquidator close? It looked awesome in Malcolm in the Middle. They showed it having a huge splash when people flew out.

I was just there 2 weeks ago and I Never saw the episode you're referring to, but I remember going to Wild Rivers back when both slides were The Edge. It was easily the scariest water slide I've ever been on. The problem with The Edge was that you would pick up so much speed going through the helix that when it came time for the drop you pretty much got insane air, so much so that people would get hurt. One time I rode it I remember coming out of the helix and was in the air pretty much 3/4 of the way down the drop, and it hurt like hell when I landed. I also heard that some people would go so fast that when they hit the splash area, they would sometimes go through it and hit the end on the other side. I also seem to remember hearing that besides the injuries, the slides weren't that popular, as guests were too scared to ride them, so they decided to first convert one side to the Ledge with a clear slope as opposed to the 50 foot drop. Eventually the remaining Edge slide was converted into the same angled slope, and renamed the Liquidator. It is funny though if you go to the park, there are still line signs that say Edge and Ledge on them.

The whole slide has just been abandoned, and I wonder why they have never bothered to tear it down, or replace it with something else.

The problem with The Edge was that you would pick up so much speed going through the helix that when it came time for the drop you pretty much got insane air, so much so that people would get hurt. One time I rode it I remember coming out of the helix and was in the air pretty much 3/4 of the way down the drop, and it hurt like hell when I landed.

That happened to me on a kiddie slide! I flung myself down the drop and got air almost all the way down and landed south-end first and had a bruise their for about a week.

I'm never doing that again...

The Edge was by the far the scariest body slide I have ever ridden. I've been on Dropout at Raging Waters in San Dimas. I felt that those paled in comparison to the Edge.

Like DegoRed was saying, you would come out of the helix so fast that the drop was out of control. I recall being underwater for a good amount of time in the runout. It felt highly unsafe.

I just remembered another body slide incident that happened to me:

I was the first one on the black bodyslides at the beginning of the day at Hurricane Harbor (SFMM) and evidently not enough water cycled through the slide yet and burned the skin off my shoulder blades and ankles all the way down the slide. It pretty much ruined the rest of my day there. So then I went back up the tower and told the lifegaurd and went down Demon Drop instead. It ended up all good by the end of the day.