TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: A Jiggidy Mid-America Adventure

Does anyone have any idea what that is?

Hey everybody this is my first post on TPR YEAAAAAAA! Now that thats out of the way I think I can answer your wildcat water section photos. I am an Oklahoma City native now living in Atlanta, Ga. I remember when the wildcat was new to FC that section you are looking at used to be the rides grand finale(of sorts) It used to come into that section at full speed and those water jets you took shots of used to send off a sequence of spray that would simulate a splash as the train went by. Think of it as the old school version of the manta splash section. It never actually went in the water though if my memory serves me correctly(I was a little kid under age 10 and i'm now 26) It was really cool. Thanks for the TR it was great seeing photos of my home park

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And is it true that nobody visited the bar? Sacrilege!

This is only a rumor, please don't spread it because it's false.

Yeah, none of us were really up to buying drinks at the bar.

Someone wasn't paying attention!

Heh heh heh, So that is where you went when we visited the whale.

^ Shoe shafts?... Hmmm shoe shafts. I have no memory of that, but it is quite possible I have simply forgotten what those are. Cold you remind me? Yeah, none of us were really up to buying drinks at the bar. I would have to admit that even though I deal with booze on a daily basis with my job, I actually drink very little. I am not sure what excuse the other people can give you.

Best way to get to the caves. You also should have gone up to the roof. They just opened it like a month ago and I hear it's incredible.

But there's so much to do, you can't do it all in one visit.

While I am sad that I did miss out on awesome stuff, I find it amazing that there was still a lot more stuff to see even though we spent quite a bit of time at the place. Next time I make it out there I will be sure to seek out the shoe slides as well as go to the roof.

^ Don't feel bad. We posted our TR of City Museum from May awhile back, and we too missed the Shoe Shafts. Upon reading other TR's when we got back, and seen we missed them, I was a little miffed.

We will be back in St Louis in October, so we will hit it up again. How do you get in the shoe shafts room??

St. Louis has the BEST tourist sites of any city its size. My sister lived there for 4 years and I visited thrice in that time (but no SFSTL).

My Personal Faves-

1. City Museum (Absolute MUST Do, Bring Kneepads)

2. The Arch (way more Impressive in Person)

3. The Humongous FREE Zoo (biggest Zoo I've been to, and it's FREE)

4. Ted Drewe's Ice Cream (Sooooo good local ice cream)

5. Busch Brewery ( Of course, I did do this before INBEV)

6. Laumeier Sculpture Park ( Bizzare)

7. Botanical Gardens ( Spring Visit is great, and free on...Wednesday)

8. Cohokia Mounds (The other side of the river, and random, but also strange and beautiful)

All of those are fantastic.

Yeah, we probably weren't dressed properly for the city museum.

Crawling though those things in shorts and sandals wasn't exactly the most comfortable thing. Quite often I ended up dragging myself on my back, as crawling on my knees was kind of painful.

Next time I make it out there I will be sure to seek out the shoe slides as well as go to the roof.

Make sure you let me know again! I'm sad that we didn't get to go to the museum with you guys. The place looks awesome.

For me personally (and I think Robb and Elissa would probably agree), the reason I back up Erik isn't because we're some super-exclusive clique, it's because I've traveled with him and understand his taste in coasters and his personality. The better you know someone, the more you can get out of their opinion.

Backed up!

What another great few updates Erik. And I liked the whole round up coaster review at the end. I should include that in my Texas Trip! My friends keep telling me about the museum, and the pictures prove how crazy it is!

And great pictures as always!

-Zach

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, we probably weren't dressed properly for the city museum.

Crawling though those things in shorts and sandals wasn't exactly the most comfortable thing. Quite often I ended up dragging myself on my back, as crawling on my knees was kind of painful.

I am surprised that your sandals did not get left somewhere in one of those mesh like tunnels.

Having gone to college in St. Louis, City Museum is by far one of the coolest things to do in STL. You missed what is probably the best slide in the place by not crawling over that arched tube of death out in MonstroCity. The key to City Museum is to wear some form of slick pants (workout shorts, track pants etc.) so you really get going on the slides. The place always changes so its great to go back to. I think the scariest thing I've done there is actually a tunnel along the row of benches by that whale that goes under the walkway and shoots you out on the other side of the room.

Oh yeah and the rest of the parks looked great! Makes me want to hit up the midwest again sometime soon.

I am surprised that your sandals did not get left somewhere in one of those mesh like tunnels.

Mine almost took a dive out of one of those really high up tunnels that lead into the airplane. Luckily I caught it before it took the 5 story dive towards the ground level.

• 4 months later...
Yes! City Museum! SDC Cave! Awesome!

If TPR doesn't include a stop at City Museum during its next midwest trip, there is no justice in this world.

I enjoyed the report; glad you enjoyed the trip!

I heard of a possible rumor that they may actually be visiting it during the midwest trip.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Since my epic trip report has been archived, this thread seems like a good place to post this little City Museum update.

(More info and photos here!)

idiotarod.jpg.25d6eed00419b00ced8f0c54c48eb0b2.jpg

This weekend the folks at the City Museum competed in the Idiotarod, which is a shopping cart race through downtown St. Louis. They built a Mad Max-themed shopping cart racer. Three things that make this photo awesome: Fire, leather fetish gear, and slinkies. Can you find more?

• 5 months later...
Yes! City Museum! SDC Cave! Awesome!

If TPR doesn't include a stop at City Museum during its next midwest trip, there is no justice in this world.

I enjoyed the report; glad you enjoyed the trip!

And with that, they sure did as there will be an update later this evening!