TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Discovery Kingdom mini-TR + video

I went to SFDK and CGA this weekend... it seems like neither offers a full park experience, but you'd be in pretty good shape if you could somehow stitch them together. They are both small, have few roller coasters and overpriced food. CGA has always had the charm, SFDK is getting close recently, CGA's water park owns when it's hot, and the SFDK animals are great (especially when the lines are long).

Anyway, the lines were long, and there doesn't seem to be enough of those "well this is fun enough for a short line" rides at this park. But there are plenty of animals to look at!

here is a short video... I have more but haven't edited it together yet:

It took me a while to appreciate Roar... I thought it was too small, and too short (duration), but now I think it is a really great wooden coaster and I always enjoy riding it.

And I thought Medusa was really great for a while, but lately the line has been ridiculous when I've tried to ride it (could be bad luck, there have been other times earlier in the season when I've been able to ride in 15 minutes). I like B&M's inverts better, but this ride has a lot of cool elements--I wish it was in a prettier part of the park though!

I really like V2... the line always moves faster than I imagine it will, and it is one of the most unique coasters of its kind. I still haven't figured out the seat to guarantee an inverted pause on the diagonal spike, but it's fun to try for it.

The elephant show is awesome. I think I've seen it 4 times now... it always fills up to max capacity, and it is really amazing to see what they can do. I've got a full show recorded and will try to get it up on CoasterTube soon.

The bird show has a corny script right now, but it is great to see some incredible birds in action.

I missed out on the new tiger exhibit... so I'm keeping this kind of short until I can return.

Oh, back in the "Land" area, there is a goofy exhibit of Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge cars... it is kinda like they are grazing on a grassy hillside.

I didn't feel as "advsertised to" as I have in the past couple years, and I think the park has really come a long way in the past 2 years.

More soon!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

V2 is a pretty fun ride indeed. I even rode it twice! It was Dad's idea though.

When I went pretty much every ride was a walk on. Even Medusa. Speaking of which, I really like that unique Sea Serpant Roll inversion. Feels pretty neat when you go through it.

I envy you for getting to ride Roar. It was down when I went and I was so disappointed. I keep my GCI virginity for some time to come.