Jump to content
  TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

^ oh, by far that's the most likely.

I was just explaining why folks are offering potential uses for the space, which would still be "cost saving" for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just add it to the list of empty former ride spaces in the park. 

-Galaxy Theater

-Pirate

-Ranger

-The Slide Complex that Shall Not Be Named

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Haymaker said:

Just add it to the list of empty former ride spaces in the park. 

-Galaxy Theater

-Pirate

-Ranger

-The Slide Complex that Shall Not Be Named

That's a lot of wasted space add Grizlzy Run's now empty spot and you got Six Flags' most emptiest park. My guess is Sleigh Ride is next on the chopping block.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is the skeleton of floodgate falls still over there? I can't remember. Anyone remember what year that stopped operating?

I'm gonna guess it still looks like this (but honestly I don't know -- and LOL I just noticed the photoshopped tuber):

45098785_download(2).jpeg.81afdae6ebce504d43bc1d032836b49f.jpeg

 

Yeah I don't expect to see Grizzly Run's area being cleared out any time soon. There's no reason to and plenty of other areas to expand. You know. If they wanted to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, anonymouscactus said:

Is the skeleton of floodgate falls still over there? I can't remember. Anyone remember what year that stopped operating?

I'm gonna guess it still looks like this (but honestly I don't know -- and LOL I just noticed the photoshopped tuber):

45098785_download(2).jpeg.81afdae6ebce504d43bc1d032836b49f.jpeg

 

Yeah I don't expect to see Grizzly Run's area being cleared out any time soon. There's no reason to and plenty of other areas to expand. You know. If they wanted to.

Yup still there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I heard that pirate was getting a huge refurb and that sleighride will live to see another season.

Remember when the Darien Lake logo had the ferris wheel in it? And remember how the grizzly run tubs still had that logo on it. COINCIDENCE!? lol

I knew grizzly was going a long time ago, but the wheel is a bit of a surprise. If it's no longer on the map it's definitely going...

Happy Hot Dog GIF by StickerGiant

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Y'all should probably wait until opening day. There's a lot of assumptions going around and it's safe to assume Six Flags doesn't want moneypit rides. Don't forget Giant Wheel had that "little" incident a few years back. It's not like a 180+ foot ferris wheel from the 80s is gonna run like peaches and cream, especially with the potential cost to refurb ancient motors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ride of steel said:

Y'all should probably wait until opening day. There's a lot of assumptions going around and it's safe to assume Six Flags doesn't want moneypit rides. Don't forget Giant Wheel had that "little" incident a few years back. It's not like a 180+ foot ferris wheel from the 80s is gonna run like peaches and cream, especially with the potential cost to refurb ancient motors.

I always just thought the height restrictions on the giant wheel were strange.  The gondola was a big cage, not like a lot of other giant wheels out there where the gondola is wide open, but the height restrictions was "Minimum Height 54" With Adult"
Isn't a giant wheel supposed to be a family ride? If the listed height restriction of 54" is correct, that's kind of crazy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they went through the trouble of removing it from the map, it's 100% closed forever. I know that the Six Flags website is loaded with inconsistencies and errors but if they go through the trouble of proactively changing maps or updating brand new verbiage they didn't do that just to mess with people.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, pryonisys said:

I always just thought the height restrictions on the giant wheel were strange.  The gondola was a big cage, not like a lot of other giant wheels out there where the gondola is wide open, but the height restrictions was "Minimum Height 54" With Adult"
Isn't a giant wheel supposed to be a family ride? If the listed height restriction of 54" is correct, that's kind of crazy

Probably for supervision reasons mostly. Dont want 6 yr olds alone on a ride goofing off and standing up at 180 feet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Surprised no one has mentioned the very obvious, that removing Grizzly Run is an obvious indicator for an "rMc RaPtOr 2 b InStalLeD!!1!!!"

It's an obvious clue.  I guess the enthusiast community is being lazy now...

Personally, I just hope any cost savings this brings can allow the park to acquire second trains for the coasters they do have.. but that's a crack pipe dream too.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know this will sound crazy, but the size of the plot of land Grizzly Run sits on could allow them to create a new area where they can add into for a long time. Plus they can tie Mind Eraser in with that area too.  I am going out on a limb to say Gotham City with a S&s Free Spin Batman and new restraints and paint for ME to convert to Riddler

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At the park for passholder preview. Ride of Steel, Motocoaster and Rolling Thunder are closed. Everything else appears open. A lot of new signs and paint. Giant Wheel is a barren eyesore. 

20210515_153404.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Overall, much of the same at SFDL. Long lines at member services, long food lines, long line for Viper, Frankentrain on ME, one party per car on Tantrum. Water in Shipwreck Falls was actually clear. The balloon ride in the kiddie section looks like itll be back. Silver Bullet, Motocoaster, Pirate and ROS were the rides I noticed not operating. Stupidest of all was leaving one side of Blast Off unused for "distancing". Even the ride op thought it was stupid. 

Tantrum also has a great view of Wahoo Wave. 

20210515_170309.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Swung by for a couple hours yesterday — primarily to enjoy the weather and grab some lunch.

Viper continues to rank high for me when it comes to Arrow loopers and Tantrum is still one of the smoothest Euro-Fighter’s I’ve ridden.

Got a burger and fries from Potato Works and that hit the spot.

We all need to remember that Darien is a small fish in a big pond when it comes to Six Flags. The only way to help a small fish is to feed it — spend your money there.

Small regional parks will remain small regional parks if all we do is complain. Darien Lake isn’t perfect, but it always makes for an enjoyable day.

Support your parks folks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use https://themeparkreview.com/forum/topic/116-terms-of-service-please-read/