TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

I forgot to mention, by "mobbed" i mean that Viper's line was out past the old vending machine hut. I dont know how long of a wait that is but I know its too long for me.

*Cue rjr19 tant about 1 train ops*

^ that is easily 2-3 hours. rjr19 has every right to rant about that. Just out past the little shade structure close to the station is 45 minutes. If the line truly wrapped all the way down to the old vending machines that’s absolutely insane and would be ridiculous to wait in line for with only one train of 28 seats. Especially since 4 of them are reserved for Go Fast Pass holders only

^ that is easily 2-3 hours. rjr19 has every right to rant about that. Just out past the little shade structure close to the station is 45 minutes. If the line truly wrapped all the way down to the old vending machines that’s absolutely insane and would be ridiculous to wait in line for with only one train of 28 seats. Especially since 4 of them are reserved for Go Fast Pass holders only

Thank you, one train with waits like that is beyond ridiculous. If this isn’t something on SF’s list to fix, i’m a bit worried about how blind they are.

They aren't blind, but they have the numbers of how much this would cost staring at them right in the face. If anything we are the blind ones. Ive gone to this park about 5 times this year, and was able to walk right on the viper, or get on it within 4 or 5 cycles.

Except for MotoCoaster, when I went earlier this summer everything was a walk-on or a train wait. From everything I have read it seems unless a concert is going on, the park is pretty quiet. With cheap season passes available I would have thought it would draw more people to the park this season.

In another example of Six Flags doesnt communicate amongst itself, I upgraded to a platinim pass for the renewal sale, but the park didnt have any of the 2020 stuff yet, not drink bottles or membership cards. I wanted to use a Golden Ticket for a friend and they said its not valid until the 29th (false) so I had to go somewhere else to square that away. The park had no idea why corporate allows renewals and upgrades but doesnt give them the products and info.

Except for MotoCoaster, when I went earlier this summer everything was a walk-on or a train wait. From everything I have read it seems unless a concert is going on, the park is pretty quiet. With cheap season passes available I would have thought it would draw more people to the park this season.

Weekends are busy concert or not. A lot of parks were extra busy this weekend.

On the purchasing page for the 2020 pass it actually stated that you had to process the pass beginning Aug 29 to receive your benefits and the new pass.

a72f19555b76a515fc36482c5b11043d.jpg

That being said, it does not state this on the main page, it just says you need to process by October 27th.

So they were half-right.

EDIT:

I just realized you stated you got a platinum membership, so if you are paying for it now you should get those benefits. That stinks.

I swung by the park today for an hour, apart for 5 minute dispatches on Ride of Steel due to people not knowing how to use a seatbelt I was able to get on a few rides.

Just in joking with the ride ops none of them even seemed to know park announcements are coming this week, but multiple ride ops told me pirate will never be open again and they hope it is scrapped. The claim is there are parts broken that are unobtainable (as has previously been speculated here by others).

Who knows the SBNO ride may be gone next year.

Weekends are busy concert or not. A lot of parks were extra busy this weekend.

I can confirm this. Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, concert days, holidays, all the typical busy days you’d expect at a theme park are actually busy days. All of that 4th fest was busy, I know personally from the 3rd and the 6th, obviously the 4th was busy too... plus with this week being the last week of daily operation, it’s game on for last minute trips to the park for a lot of people. Even myself since I have already started back up at UB.

It’s also pretty safe to say that crowds come and go in waves at the park. Personally I’m a “come in the mid to late afternoon, stay for the laser show” kind of person but there’s really three types of groups I’ve seen. The daytime field trip groups, the let’s go to the water park during the day and spend the evening at the park groups, and the come in the afternoon and stay for the laser show groups. The parking lot has been pretty full every time I’ve been at the park this summer (14 times as I have just recently found out. Didn’t realize it was that many) and most days were randomly sprinkled throughout time of the week and time of the year. Minus the coasting for kids event I haven’t seen terribly empty parking lots at all, personally.

The funny thing to me is I have GP friends and co-workers that have bought memberships and got that same “keep an eye out on our Facebook for hints about the new ride” and are more upset that they saw that and haven’t gotten any hints than they were about the email that came out in April saying SkyScreamer was going to have a passholder preview on opening weekend.

Some of y’all may think it’s only us who care about teasers, I’ve got about 15 families / groups that say otherwise just from my personal experience. We aren’t in a bubble, friends.

Here's one: Six Flags is pretty unoriginal in their naming and consider alliteration the height of wittiness. I suppose that's not much a hint. It's another ProSlide...

How do you know it is going to be a proslide? Do you work for them? If you don't know for certain, then this is not the best place to be spreading rumors.

Here's one: Six Flags is pretty unoriginal in their naming and consider alliteration the height of wittiness. I suppose that's not much a hint. It's another ProSlide...

Am I missing something here? Assuming you’re making up a “hint”, especially since there’s none of any of that in any social media outlets from the park

Y'all really dont pay attention and it shows. You make 2 pages of posts about speaker volume and skip over the posts with legit behind the scenes information.

The addition is to the water park, book it.

Edited by Haymaker

^ arent you the one who always comes on here asking for rumors and speculation about new stuff?

Yes, rumors with some sort of evidence. Not just simply saying it. There is a difference between if I were to say "I have a feeling Darien Lake will add an S&S Freespin because I said so" and studying possible work in the park, citing sources, etc.

Edited by TheAmericanKnight

Speaking of my last post, hey dnn, you still don't know? No evidence?

Read through his past posts and you'll figure it out (maybe).