TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Glad to see Six Flags getting to work already, bringing back the Fright Fest most of us remember. The announcement is being received well already, too, hopefully they do not disappoint. I am also surprised they have plans to keep the park open past the normal 10PM (even if it is only 1 hour later--it's a start!). That brings about some excitement, of course, now that I have experienced CP late-hours on multiple occasions.

Fright Fest® will return to Darien Lake Theme Park Resort this fall, bringing Thrills by Day and Fright by Night to the park for five weekends beginning Sept. 28th.

By day, families with young children can enjoy a trick-or-treat trail, along with other kid-friendly activities. But, at night the park transforms from a theme park to a scream park featuring:

Zombies roaming around every corner;

New scare zones and haunted mazes;

Two new haunted houses (additional fee required); and

A new laser light show, Spooktacular, performed on Friday and Saturday nights at 10:30 p.m.

More details about Fright Fest will be announced in the coming weeks. Admission to the event is included with a 2018 season pass

^ from the website for those who just want to see the statement

:lol: Wow imagine that. It seems like just a few years ago that everyone was trying to explain to me how a Halloween Event wouldn’t work at Darien Lake.

Next step... Holiday in the Park

I think it was more of how its a crapshoot with the weather vs. if it actually works. If they advertise it enough it should be successful.

If a park can't make a Halloween event successful then they're terrible at being a theme park.

It's slightly colder at La Ronde and it works there, it's about the same temperature at Great America and it's a mad house. I have no doubt that this will be highly successful.

Here's hoping I can get my 2019 Six Flags pass during the labor day sale and have it be good for 2018 / Fright Fest if you buy early. I'm willing to bet that's how it's going to work. 8)

I'm curious to see if SF even runs that sale this year, since they're trying to push everyone toward memberships.

I'm curious to see if SF even runs that sale this year, since they're trying to push everyone toward memberships.

I feel like they'd include memberships in the sale, at least I hope they do. If they have a sale on those, you KNOW I'm getting a diamond elite membership for all those perks.

You know you're in the Darien Lake thread when people are excited about Six Flags Fright Fest.

Totally agree. Fright Fest is terrible, at least it has been at the Six Flags parks I have been to it at - SF America, SF Great Adventure, and SF Fiesta Texas. The haunted houses are terrible and NEVER scary. However, on the bright side I LOVE being able to ride the coasters until midnight at Great Adventure.

You know you're in the Darien Lake thread when people are excited about Six Flags Fright Fest.

Totally agree. Fright Fest is terrible, at least it has been at the Six Flags parks I have been to it at - SF America, SF Great Adventure, and SF Fiesta Texas. The haunted houses are terrible and NEVER scary. However, on the bright side I LOVE being able to ride the coasters until midnight at Great Adventure.

I will say that CW probably had the best Halloween event I've been to. The biggest disappointment is easily Halloween Horror Nights, at both Hollywood and Orlando. While the haunts were top notch the scares were effectively zero...every haunt had a constant stream of people which eliminated any chance at scares. It was really annoying to essentially just walk through themed sets with 30 other people all around you.

I will say that CW probably had the best Halloween event I've been to. The biggest disappointment is easily Halloween Horror Nights, at both Hollywood and Orlando. While the haunts were top notch the scares were effectively zero...every haunt had a constant stream of people which eliminated any chance at scares. It was really annoying to essentially just walk through themed sets with 30 other people all around you.

That is exactly why I will never pay nor wait in line for a haunted attraction at an amusement park because they send way too many people through at once. People have argued with me that its due to how many people want to go in. However, on the flip side just because you go to an amusement park haunt does not guarantee you will get to go though all of them. Some of the haunts in PA only send your group through even with 2.5+ hour lines.

That is exactly why I will never pay nor wait in line for a haunted attraction at an amusement park because they send way too many people through at once. People have argued with me that its due to how many people want to go in. However, on the flip side just because you go to an amusement park haunt does not guarantee you will get to go though all of them. Some of the haunts in PA only send your group through even with 2.5+ hour lines.

My big bro has gone to every Halloween Haunt at Wonderland so he knows "tricks" and how to see every maze, however, the event at Darien Lake will never get that busy. If you ever go to Wonderland's Haunt, I highly recommend going on the first 2 weekends as the last 2 weekends are truly a waste of money. If you want to go to a Halloween event where you can actually see the mazes and perhaps get a couple of scares, then I recommend DL.

The free haunted bus ride they used to at Darien Lake was fairly entertaining. It would be nice to see that come back.

those buses have to be long gone or just beyond repair unfortunately, but i agree would be nice to see come back.

The free haunted bus ride they used to at Darien Lake was fairly entertaining. It would be nice to see that come back.

those buses have to be long gone or just beyond repair unfortunately, but i agree would be nice to see come back.

They might still be in the slide complex that shall not be named boneyard. I know as recently as 2 years ago there was an old haunted camper in the camper boneyard

thumb_20160623_200607.jpg.250a8dd42e5af2637743118ec80ed1ed.jpg

Judging by the font, the changeover has begun...

I noticed the font on the last post about Fright Fest. Maybe next year it will have “Six Flags” placed in front of “Darien Lake”

Edited by rjr19

Six Flags is like the bad ex that everyone is secretly still happy to get back with. They have screwed over one too many a park but everyone still wants them back. In Six Flags defense the old Six Flags is very different than the new one.

Honestly, although SF screwed DL over when they left, they have changed for the better now, and certainly will bring a lot of much needed improvements to the park. Also, if you think about it, if SF never came to DL in the late 1990s, we wouldn’t have RoS, or most likely any hyper coaster!

I'm pretty sure some of the busses hang out in the area behind Viper with that random tram.