TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

I can't speak for the Darien Lake version, but the one at SFA was very rattle, weak, and frankly boring. It only started to get good on the return run to the station. It's funny how Intamin's Hypers have drastically improved over the years, whereas for B&M, some of their earlier Hypers are the better ones.

Seabreeze is odd. I got in the park at like 6pm and bought ride tickets but the ride operator of one of the rides didn't accept them cause they people usually buy all day tickets. I think that's the only time I've had to force an operator to accept my ticket.

To kinda get back on track, I wonder if Boomerang, Viper, or Mind Eraser will get new train(s) next year like Ride of Steel did this year?

^Seabreeze doesn't have ride tickets. You must be thinking of another park.

And Boomerang and Viper won't be getting new trains. Boomerang's still is in good shape, and Viper's just got totally rehabbed. I think that Mind

Eraser should get its paint job finished before any other refurb work is started.

Are we taking about the same kind of tickets?

I assumed you were talking about individual ride tickets, like Knoebels has, because you said a ride operator did not accept them. Seabreeze only sells pay one price admission, so if that's what you're talking about, why would you need to show a ride op the ticket?

Somehow I overlooked it. My bad.

I never knew they offered this. Is it relatively new, or has this been around for a while? I haven't been to Seabreeze since the Music Express was new. But I always got my tickets from a relative who got then discounted through work so I never needed to buy at the gate.

Odds are that this isn't it. They've been adding little upgrades to the campground every year.

They shift a lot around and retire trailers. Theyre probably converting old rental trailer sites especially since a lot of them are heading on 15 years old.

My guess is theyll be converting one or both of the pink rows here since the green is the current pull thrus

Screenshot_20161210-145224.thumb.png.abcbdf98aeb9c8cf93551edcfd829b6e.png

• 2 weeks later...

This past Thursday, I took my little sister to Kissmas Bash out in the KeyBank Center / First Niagara Center / HSBC Arena / Whatever else it's been called, and I noticed that the event was sponsored by none other than Darien Lake (and like 7 different companies but that's not what's important here). If my memory serves me correctly, they actually gave season passes to an entire row in one of the 100's sections, which was pretty cool, and they had a commercial rolling between artists, plus they had a Darien Lake table out in the [Whatever you call that area outside of the bowl where the entry ways are to get into the seating areas are]. So out of curiosity, do they sponsor events like this very often? I don't recall them being at Kiss the Summer Hello, but it was cool to see their name in a venue with thousands of people there regardless!

IMG_1486.thumb.JPG.b1616343daebba74b6f2a3433a8c7105.JPG

IMG_1490.thumb.JPG.04f96fb546c4f32c1803744ab008852e.JPG

IMG_1506.thumb.JPG.b3d69193e8f0076329a20b6e7056cf08.JPG

From a recent EPR SEC filing, it was mentioned that all of premier's leases, including Darien Lake's, will be converted to triple net.

A triple net lease means all costs are covered by the lessee, in exchange for lower rent payments. So basically premier will be in control of everything including capital expenditures.

I am pretty sure that anything they add is property of the park in general and not Premier. The good news on this is that Premier can decide what to add and also funds it. With this setup, there is no parent giving an allowance like CNL did. If Premier wants to add a coaster, they can, but they also foot the majority if not all of the bill.

With this, I would definitely expect something good in 2018!

I'm no business expert, but the thing that would worry me is that since Premier is leasing and now sporting the bill for new attractions, that they would technically own any attractions that they built. They are just "renting" the land and current attractions that the park has.

Not saying that Premier would ever want to leave, but if they did, they could fight for things that are "theirs" Six Flags took a couple of salvageable rides with them when they left their lease in New Orleans via negotiation of terminating the contract.

Maybe there is a clause in the lease that would prevent this from happening, but it's just a thought. I'm very excited that one single company will control the finances, as this will help the park grow without negotiation between owners and management.