TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

To start very sorry but I forgot to take any photos .

Anyways I went to both Seabreeze and Darien Lake over the weekend.

Seabreeze did make a few changes around the park this season but nothing major except for what they did with the Bobsled. The Bobsled recieved a full renovation. The track and supports were all given new white paint (except for the track in the station for some reason). New wood was put in and the track was fixed so that the ride was not as rough. The Bobsled is surprisingly decent now that it won't beat up riders as much. That and it no longer looks like an eyesore. Great job Seabreeze! Other small changes include a changed (more closed off) food stand next to the tea cups and some new landscaping. All of the other rides were as usual. Jackrabbit is still surprisingly smooth despite being 96 years old and is quite enjoyable for almost everyone. Whirlwind broke down halfway through the day and closed. Outside of that Whirlwind spun like it was trying to kill me so yah it was intense fun. Screaming Eagle = average Zamperla Hawk model. The views of the lake were great as was the landscaping. Overall I had a good time.

The next day I went to Darien Lake. I have to admit Darien Lake is taking on a bit of a "hipster" vibe this year. A lot of colorful banners. A lot of colorful merchandise. Colorful coupon books and maps. And a colorful new waterslide. All that was missing was some rave music . Good stuff. Anyways the first ride I went on was Predator which was actually not that bad. A good wooden coaster with some sharp drops and such shits and giggles. After that I went on Ride Of Steel. The new trains are a lot more comfortable. The seat was a little softer. Also there were no leg/ankle braces. There was simply a T bar and a very flexible seat belt. With that being said the new train offers a slightly more open and much more comfortable experience. Very nice! Boomerang was as smooth and forceful as usual. Mind Eraser was shockingly rough. Rolling Thunder was fun except for the slightly uncomfortable restraints. Viper was forceful classic fun (with a very run down looking station). Speaking of Viper what was especially odd was that Viper was the longest line I waited in the whole day. To specify 3 cycles. Other rows seemed to have taken 4 to 5 cycles. When I was at Ride Of Steel half an hour earlier it was 2 cycles across the entire staion except for the most front and back car. I guess Viper is rising in popularity? Eventually I went to the water park and rode Ripcurl. I liked Ripcurl a lot. The initial braiding element provided some nice banking. The drop provided a slight hint of airtime. Not much else to say outside of that. A ten second rush of banking followed by a good drop. The colors of the slide do a good job brightening up the area around it (including the entrance to the park). On the way out I bought a Monster energy drink. Did I really need to type that part there?....eh I'll leave it. I had a good time that day.

i was on the ferris wheel and i was at the top and i saw what looks like green and blue b&m track in the warehouse area,it was about 5 pieces of track and 2 supports i don't know why it was there or what it was doing but maybe it is for 2017 and they are trying to get a place to hide it

... WHAT?!

So can anyone confirm what this kid is saying? There is no way a park that small is getting a B&M. If they are that sure would be a damn good surprise but I simply don't see that happening. Can anyone confirm these claims of B&M track on site?

On a side note don't take this the wrong way but Supercoasterfan, the way you type makes it seem like you reached 2nd grade elementary level English classes and stopped. I think you may need help with your English skills.

i was on the ferris wheel and i was at the top and i saw what looks like green and blue b&m track in the warehouse area,it was about 5 pieces of track and 2 supports i don't know why it was there or what it was doing but maybe it is for 2017 and they are trying to get a place to hide it

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

It's going to be a B&M dive machine named after the famous 'Cuda Falls. It will have blue & green track and teal & yellow trains to pay homage to the late slide complex. The ride starts as the train ascends the fabulous Rainbow Mountain before slipping in to the terrifying Cascade Canyon. The ride has not been completely designed or fabricated yet, as the final height of the ride is to be determined by adding a foot for every time Cuda Falls is mentioned in this thread.

It's going to be a B&M dive machine named after the famous 'Cuda Falls. It will have blue & green track and teal & yellow trains to pay homage to the late slide complex. The ride starts as the train ascends the fabulous Rainbow Mountain before slipping in to the terrifying Cascade Canyon. The ride has not been completely designed or fabricated yet, as the final height of the ride is to be determined by adding a foot for every time Cuda Falls is mentioned in this thread.

Okay, that's freaking hilarious.

First let me say that wild rumours are not accepted on this thread! Second, it would not shock me to see DL get a new coaster next year. Remember that Premier now operates the park, and their history has been to add coasters and water rides. On top of that, the park obviosuly has open space for a new coaster in the "nameless" area. My only problem is that I would not expect a B&M as much as I could see a Gerstauler Eurofighter style coaster.

Needless to say that t is way too early for track to show up. Also, could they be testing new color schemes on the old Batman track and supports? That would explain B&M track...

^ But why test the same colors on 5 seperate pieces of track? It almost doesn't make sense... If it was a single piece of track and a single support I feel like it would be more likely that testing colors was the case. But why waste the money to paint 5 different pieces of track?

Is the theater large enough to hold that layout? With some resurfacing of the track and a repaint I could see a floorless conversion being placed in there as a reasonable expense to boost park attendance and kickstart some new larger additions by 2020-2022. One can dream right? Haha, nothing big however until we get rid of the dreaded CNL!

I thought it has been reported multiple times that the old Batman track has been stored improperly for far too long, and that it would cost nearly the same amount as a new coaster to make it usable again, so why would the park spend roughly the same amount of money to fix a rough stand up when it could buy a brand new coaster?

I mean, if they really wanted to use the old Batman coaster, they probably would have by now.

^B:TE was improperly disassembled from SFAW. It's unusable. They probably still have it because I bet it can still be used as a tax deduction regardless of its physical condition. Once its value is fully depreciated to zero, then they'll probably sell it for scrap.

Four or five pieces of green and blue (boxy) track, and only two supports in the maintenance area? Sorry to burst your bubble, but that just sounds like Rolling Thunder is being taken apart to get looked at for something. (RT has six track pieces and only two supports.)

To start sorry to burst your bubble Tanks4me05, but if Rolling Thunder was being taken apart at the time then how did I ride it over the weekend?

Also I have an explaination for the suppossed "B&M" track. The current style of Premier coaster track may easily be confused with B&M track from a distance. Both styles are close but not exact in how they look. Maybe Darien Lake may indeed FINALLY be adding a new thrilling roller coaster (unlike a cheap Zamperla motocoaster prototype) and it will be a Premier launch coater. Also they could possibly be getting parts for it this early so they can avoid doing construction in the awful WNY winter.

6272626_orig.thumb.jpg.8f5aeba7c4d8ce7242a87bf75d5e6042.jpg

Premier Track

images5.jpg.184a8e570de8430cd4ff5d61136b899c.jpg

B&M track

First let me say that wild rumours are not accepted on this thread! Second, it would not shock me to see DL get a new coaster next year. Remember that Premier now operates the park, and their history has been to add coasters and water rides. On top of that, the park obviosuly has open space for a new coaster in the "nameless" area. My only problem is that I would not expect a B&M as much as I could see a Gerstauler Eurofighter style coaster.

Needless to say that t is way too early for track to show up. Also, could they be testing new color schemes on the old Batman track and supports? That would explain B&M track...

I don't expect a B&M either but remember Kentucky Kingdom, back in the 90's wasn't any bigger than Darien and they added Chang (and I realize that CNL will never foot the bill for even a mid-sized SFNE Batman: Dark Knight floorless type coaster). However with Premier's red hot Skyrocket II model popping up all over the place that would be a kick a$$ ride for Darien Lake. Now with Apex at the helm at Fantasy Island, and who knows what they have in store for the future there, it would be Darien's chance to up the thrills even more. Besides I would love to see one of those closer to me.

I would have to agree that the track in question must have been a piece of old Batman track from across the street.

I honestly am not believing one bit of this rumor unless I see it with my own eyes. Last Friday I didn't see anything out of the ordinary around the park, but I also was not looking too hard for anything. I don't think that the park is thinking too much about 2017 yet, when the prep work for 2016 is still in the finishing stages. I really don't mean to discredit anyone, but how many times have we seen someone step up with a crazy rumor like this, no pictures, and expects everyone to believe it.

It still astonishes me that people still think Batman is going up. Whether or not it is true that the ride was disassembled incorrectly, the ride has been sitting in the elements for 10 years now. I have more faith in Orphan Rocker being opened than Batman ever having a chance of running again. The ride is damaged beyond repair, and Intamin won't supply parts. Even if it was salvageable, I wouldn't want it to go up. The ride was horrible and never ranked above 157. In it's last year open, it ranked 256.

Next time I visit the park, I will try to investigate. I would love the idea of a Premier Sky Rocket going in, but the park has enough cookie cutter rides. I would like to see a more unique layout go into the park first. There are many options for cheap roller coasters on the market right now, and most are highly ranked too.

I've seen a baby blueish rusty piece of track in the graveyard like 10 years ago. I still don't know what it was from but maybe that's it. I'll see if I can find a photo on my hard drive its probably the same thing. There is no way there is b&m track anywhere. No way.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I'll be at the park sometime between Thursday and Sunday. I'll hop on the giant wheel and see what I can see but I'm not holding my breath. B;TE track is bright yellow, and is also rusted out, so unless they painted it I don't see how one could see it as blue or green, unless they are colorblind. Ill try and talk to a few of my dying connections at the park, getting hard to get info since pretty much everyone I worked with that has any credibility has left the park. if I see anything over the weekend ill take some photos and let everyone know.

I've seen a baby blueish rusty piece of track in the graveyard like 10 years ago. I still don't know what it was from but maybe that's it. I'll see if I can find a photo on my hard drive its probably the same thing. There is no way there is b&m track anywhere. No way.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

That was probably Batman: The Escape from SFAW, it had yellow track and black supports.

http://rcdb.com/3472.htm#p=15187