TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

any chance we'll see the down-hill lazy river re-open?

The Park Currently has no plans to reopen Floodgate Falls. It was closed all of last year and in 2008 it was used manily for lifeguard traning and was almost never open to the public

http://www.splashdarienlake.com/Uploaded_Files/75/downloads/pdf/parkmap.pdf

A planning map of the new water park area. The wave pool they are adding is really small, it's the beached entry to the lazy river. The slide complex looks amazing! This is taking over the parking lot, and is no small expansion at all.

Tickets prices are set at $29.99 for the waterpark, and $39.99 for a combo-ticket. $10 for the ride park? I know I'd pay that!

ADMIN EDIT: I have added an attached version of the park map for people to see. Thanks for sharing this with us!

parkmap.jpg.4007ed0d1c89109432b8af8a0fb56b7a.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

so this is a separate park now? Also why would they close flood gate falls? It was a great attraction. Why take it out if it's working and gets riders? I can't see the park working with separate parks. $10 for ride entry? I might go to the water park the first time, but after that all rides for me!

http://www.facebook.com/PARCManagement/posts/110686885616169

After the big Darien Lake announcement yesterday, there were some questions about your season passes. To clarify, season passes purchased for 2010 are double-park passes good for admission into BOTH Darien Lake Theme Park and SplashTown at Darien Lake. Passes are on sale online for $55.00 each +tax when you buy 4 or more!

so this is a separate park now? Also why would they close flood gate falls? It was a great attraction. Why take it out if it's working and gets riders? I can't see the park working with separate parks. $10 for ride entry? I might go to the water park the first time, but after that all rides for me!

I think your reading this wrong. You cant buy tickets for the rides only. Tickets for the Rides are 39 and include Splashtown. If you want just Splashtown its gonna be 29. Also if you want to know more about the new waterpark join the fourms over at http://amusementgraffixintl.com/forums/

SplashTown at Darien Lake is scheduled to open Memorial Day weekend barring weather delays.

Might wanna figure mid to late June knowing the weather here in WNY!

Seriously, this is a LOT better than what I originally thought they were putting in. They mentioned it on the 6:00 Buffalo news last night, but really only said it was a "major water park expansion." No real details on what kind of waterslides they were adding.

Thanks for the articles and pictures - I am glad to see that Darien Lake is putting in new things and investing money in the property. Should be a big season for them!

alright, I see. Well this is better and bigger then the only other out-door water park near it (Roseland Waterpark) so that is cool. They're not including the old slide complex into the water park? Also this gives the a means to bumb ticket and season pass prices up $4, but for what they're putting in it's worth it. This would have been the year though to put up the stand-up. New attractions for the waterpark and rides section? HUGE crowd drawer. Also I think it weird they are just talking about this now.

^ Then why are they keeping it? They should just sell it as scrap metal and make the buyer responsible for hauling it away. Unless they have been trying to, but have been unsuccessful.

I heard a while back that Six Flags actually owns the ride. Don't suppose anyone knows if that is still the case?

I don't think Six Flags owns it. Also I am getting worried. This looks like geauga lake: the revenge. IM they are opening a waterpark that can have separate admission. They're "new" ride motocoaster was installed in such way that it can be moved much like a carnival coaster. It just sits on the old pool deck from the campground pool. Do I think the rides will leave and the waterpark will be the only thing left? No, it most likely won't happen. Possibility? Yes, very much so.

I don't think Six Flags owns it. Also I am getting worried. This looks like geauga lake: the revenge. IM they are opening a waterpark that can have separate admission. They're "new" ride motocoaster was installed in such way that it can be moved much like a carnival coaster. It just sits on the old pool deck from the campground pool. Do I think the rides will leave and the waterpark will be the only thing left? No, it most likely won't happen. Possibility? Yes, very much so.

Never gonna happen, not even a possibility, because unlike GL which is owned by Cedar Fair, Darien Lake is the Flagship park of the Parc chain they dont wanna lose it. Also they have spent lots of money undoing the damage that Six Flags left them with. They are adding this waterpark becasue when compared to almost any other park the waterpark was well below average. Cuda Falls will be open it is just not getting moved to the side with the rest of the waterpark they are even redoing it to make sure that all 4 slides are operational this year. As far as the standup goes, yes it was included with the purchase of the park from Six Flags and I do honestly think that the park has some kind of plan for the ride otherwise they would have sold it for scrap by now.

Some updates with "Flat Stanley" have been showing off some of the things the park has been doing. I think the waterpark seems to have very little done from the pictures, but one thing I am excited about is according to the photos Predator will be getting new train(s) this year Sadly they appear to my knowledge to be more PTC's. BUT IT APPEARS TO BE THE OLD VOYAGE CARS FROM HOLIDAY WORLD!

Check it out for yourself at their facebook fanpage linked below.

www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#!/album.php?aid=157165&id=9596249636&ref=mf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Friday 4-23-2010 I took a ride by Darien Lake to check out construction on “Splashtown”. I was surprised to see how many waterslide parts are in the parking lot, and the sounds of construction vehicles were very prominent and they were hard at work. So far, no waterslides have been lifted yet, but the support poles are up so I would imagine that they will start getting them off of the ground ASAP. Also, according to a source on http://amusementgraffixintl.com/forums/ there have been many painting projects at the park during the offseason. Viper will be painted all black, like the original colors in 1982, Boomerang was painted, The Brain Teaser (Ladybug Coaster) was painted, the Giant Wheel was painted, and it is reported that some of Ride of Steel will be painted, oddly enough only part of the ride though. Here are the pix!

Overview of the huge construction site.

Slide parts litter the whole parking lot.

Slides, slides, slides!

Through the trees.

More construction.

Noted!

All ready for slides!

The "Swirl City" complex will be extremely close to the entrance, which is sure to create excitement among guests entering the parking lot.

The Giant Wheel is looking great with the new paint job, if only it had some lights...

And we finish it with a look at the pink Ride of Steel.

Hope you enjoyed! I will have an opening day Photo:TR on May 8th.

Thanks for the photo update rousea. It's nice to see things are coming along at DL. I think it's interesting that Viper is being painted all black again. Personally, I liked the bright green track, but any TLC the coasters get at DL is welcome.

Nice photos, Glad to see some paint work is being done, I personaly think I'll like the old green track better, but least it will look nice n shinny. Also I have heard rumors outa their facebook page, get this, PREDATOR IS SMOOTH NOW! while I think It'll still be rough and very low ranking I am excited to ride it.