TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

The Coaster will be named after Orange County Choppers.

Darien Lake Theme Park Resort has formed an alliance with the popular Orange County Choppers that will see the park's newest attraction bear the OCC moniker.

Under the terms of the deal, Darien Lake's new roller coaster will now be named Orange County Choppers MotoCoaster. The $3.4 million coaster puts riders on motorcycle-styled seats and are then run through the course. Darien Lake is one of two amusement parks in the U.S. to have the MotoCoaster ride.

Orange County Choppers MotoCoaster is scheduled to debut on May 3.

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/stories/2008/04/21/daily6.html

I like the name. I can see Jr. and Sr. doing somthing funny on it already.

Predator hurts, but the second car, first row is by far the smoothest seat. Still rough, but tolerable.

Saying a ride is tolerable as long as you ride in a specific seat, on a specific train, is a sign of the quality of the ride.

When only one seat doesn't kick your ass, then the ride should be torched.

I remember Viper being tollerable the last time I was there. Didn't bash me too hard.

Predator though I'd be the first one in line to light the match.

Predator is the worst wooden coaster I have been on and the next closest is still twice as good. It was a combination of being rough and being massively boring. Huge dissapointment. I also have had no problem on any arrow after I started taking the front seat in any car. Once I got rid of the leg room problem I am able to ride pain free, especially if the don't staple me down. I will say as a generalization a lot of people seem to have No tolerance for any form of roughness. there are some coasters aon this site that I could ride for hours and people are talking about how rough they are.

If I had come across Predator at some random point in my life, I would probably hate it. The last I rode it it was incredibly painful. What keeps me riding it at least once a year though, is the fact that it was my first big coaster, so I still have some love for it. Otherwise it's pretty much horrible.

-Nick

While I agree there seems to be a zero roughness policy on the site, Predator deserves all the hate it gets. The ride is incredibly rough, and the ride is trimmed so much that it is a boring ride. This is a ride that could be great if it was retracked and the trims removed, however, I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

As for the new name change, I'm not sure what to think as I'm not a fan where the "sponsorship" is part of the ride name. If it would be like UK coasters ,where the ride has a sponsor but it is not part of the name, then I would think differently.

I kinda was waiting for something like this to happen. OCC is a very popular company, TV show, and sells tons of different merchandise. I wonder if the cars will look like replica bikes that those guys have done before and I wonder what the chopper would look like that they are building for the park?

If nothing else the name will help sell merchandise at the park.

How the hell did I catch Predator on a good day, well a good day for Predator. It was not great but I'd rather ride it over at least a dozen other woodies.

How the hell did I catch Predator on a good day, well a good day for Predator. It was not great but I'd rather ride it over at least a dozen other woodies.

Well the last time I rode it, we rode it once during the day. It was running really slow, and didn't really hurt too bad.

Then we rode it later in the evening and it re-aranged my spine.

Well the last time I rode it, we rode it once during the day. It was running really slow, and didn't really hurt too bad.

Then we rode it later in the evening and it re-aranged my spine.

I have to ask....

Did you ride it after the re-tracking in May of 08?

When I rode it in Oct. 08 it was better than I feared, but still a little rough.

Nowhere near as rough as SoB, or Mean Streak.

• 2 weeks later...

I just don't understand why the hell people still complain about DL no matter what is done to it to make it better. DL has a HUGE of potential, PARC realizes it (unlike Six Flags, Inc.) and now they are not only just adding rides here and there that are needed (instead of plopping down a used waterslide in a drained lake which now the land plot that it sits on looks like mud), they are even fixing up the park to a respectable condition. Heck, the Giant Wheel has gotten a refurb over the winter. This is the first roller coaster that Darien Lake has gotten since I was SIX YEARS OLD, and not only is it the first on the continent (Pony Express won't open until 5-24) it is a family coaster that Darien Lake DESPERATELY needs.

I am getting extremely tired of people shitting all over Darien Lake despite the fact that PARC is cleaning it up, and the rest of upstate New York for that matter.[/rant]

-Tanks "One of the very few times I will EVER curse on the internet, I'm just getting pissed" 4me05.

I am getting extremely tired of people shitting all over Darien Lake despite the fact that PARC is cleaning it up, and the rest of upstate New York for that matter.[/rant]

-Tanks "One of the very few times I will EVER curse on the internet, I'm just getting pissed" 4me05.

Not everyone is going to agree with you.

Don't take it personally.

I have to ask....

Did you ride it after the re-tracking in May of 08?

When I rode it in Oct. 08 it was better than I feared, but still a little rough.

Nowhere near as rough as SoB, or Mean Streak.

OMG you time travel?!?! WOAH!!!

Haha jk, man! Do you mean 2007?

Yep, 2007. I got a case of fat fingers.

Although I just got back from opening day and they seem to have re-tracked more. So maybe it wasn't time travel but seeing the future.

• 2 weeks later...

I fail to see how people complaining about Predator is people pooping all over the park. Predator is rough and deserves some of its criticism. There are other not-so-great coasters at other parks that people complain about. People say Mean Streak sucks, and that doesn't mean they hate Cedar Point.

Anyway, I get to ride this soon... wooo

I really don't like how it looks - on concrete and how it's overlapping all over itself. But I'm interested to see what people think of it, I'd really like to try out one of these or the Vekoma Booster Bikes and see how it stacks up ot Intamin's Prototype.

It was pretty meh, by the way; especially with a 30 min wait that should have been 10.

-JZ

This looks like a carnival ride. Is Darien Lake a carnival? I dont know much about it.

No, Darien Lake is not a carnival. It is actually a pretty nice park, this is the only "Carnie" type ride there.