TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Hmmm. An interesting attraction, sure, but the real question that needs to be asked here is: what are the odds that this gets Nikki and I to trek to that hellhole again?

I'm gonna post 'em at "slim"... who wants in on this action?

I think this is a real positive for Darien Lake. The lack of unique rides has kept me from heading up that way in the past, but now I'd love to go up there to check this out along with Behemoth.

edit - I was confused about the press release at first and didn't realize that the existing motorbike coasters were made by Vekoma and not Zamperla... I wonder what the differences are.

Although this is nowhere near enough to turn Darien Lake into a good park, it's nice to see the new owners giving this run down park some love.

Torching Predator and replacing it with a woodie that won't turn you into a quadriplegic would be a nice thing for them to do next.

Torching Predator and replacing it with a woodie that won't turn you into a quadriplegic would be a nice thing for them to do next.

Ok, personally, I'm getting tired of people taking a dump all over this park. Predator needn't a torching, Predator needs some freaking new trains. That's it. Maybe it can be the Guinea Pig for those new Millennium Flyers from PTC.

On the plus side, this will mean more money for the park so hopefully they will get some new trains for Predator. Oh, and Mightypotato, B:TE won't come in until at least next year. It's a non - portable coaster, so to clear a couple acres of land, pour in footers, reconstruct the ride and put in a station, queue and trees and stuff for something roughly the size on an SLC in just four months is pushing it. They would have announced B:TE with Motocoaster at the same time if they were putting it in this season.

Ok, personally, I'm getting tired of people taking a dump all over this park. Predator needn't a torching, Predator needs some freaking new trains. That's it. Maybe it can be the Guinea Pig for those new Millennium Flyers from PTC.

New trains are not going to save that ride.

I rode it opening year and right from the start it bashed the hell out of me. When I last rode it I thought it was going to rearrange my spine. I've been on plenty of rides that use those trains that don't hurt that bad. So I highly doubt new trains would help a crappy ride.

I thought the park itself was nicer then people gave it credit. But Predator really deserves to follow Psyclone.

Dinn coasters aren't known for their quality. Do you really think that a bottom 5 coaster (Mitch's Poll) can be saved merely by installing new trains? Predator is one of the worst things that I've ever ridden, and probably has more problems than are cost effective to fix. Why not replace it with a turnkey woodie, like a GCII?

As for the park, I spent 3 hours there tops. Superman was good, but I didn't enjoy anything else there. To me it's just your standard concrete slab with overpriced concessions.

Homer wrote:

Three words sums my feelings up, "About darn time."

You said it, it was "'Bout tootin' time" that Darien Lake finally got a new coaster. Last time I was at that park, it was Six Flags Darien Lake and they only had five coasters, but plenty of flat rides (some I couldn't ride anyplace else).

This new and exclusive attraction can be the first step in the right direction to get this park into every rider's "must visit or die" list.

Figures, the year after I visit the park, the get a new ride. I must say, I was disappointed with the park(I spent 40 minutes there altogether as RoS, the only reason I wanted to visit, was closed), and all of their coasters(except RoS) are horrible.

I want to like the park, but it just sucks(well, it is by Buffalo ). While it could be great, Darien Lake just seems to be lacking in in both flats and coasters. I had a lot of hope driving by it and walking through the entrance, but the park has nothing to make me want to stay as the flat/coaster selection is so poor.

Ok, back on topic, this could easily be the second best coaster in the park, and while I'm happy that another coaster is being added since there wasn't much to do at the park(coasters or rides), I wish a different park was building it. The layout looks cool being as compact as it is, and hopefully more parks build them as they look like a lot of fun.

I've watched the video several times, and it does look like a fun ride. It's not extreme like an Intamin Rocket, but might have a fun factor similar to a wild mouse. There's two zig zag sections, similar to a motor bike zig-zagging, and the last turn into the brakes is taken pretty quick, and could pack some G's. The restraint system is the same one used on the Disko. You can download / view the video on the Zamperla Website. Here's a direct link to the page where you can see the video:

http://www.zamperla.com/informazioniTecniche.asp?scheda=6&codiceMacchina=530

Figures, the year after I visit the park, the get a new ride. I must say, I was disappointed with the park(I spent 40 minutes there altogether as RoS, the only reason I wanted to visit, was closed), and all of their coasters(except RoS) are horrible.

I want to like the park, but it just sucks(well, it is by Buffalo ). While it could be great, Darien Lake just seems to be lacking in in both flats and coasters. I had a lot of hope driving by it and walking through the entrance, but the park has nothing to make me want to stay as the flat/coaster selection is so poor.

Ok, back on topic, this could easily be the second best coaster in the park, and while I'm happy that another coaster is being added since there wasn't much to do at the park(coasters or rides), I wish a different park was building it. The layout looks cool being as compact as it is, and hopefully more parks build them as they look like a lot of fun.

I disagree with you on the flat rides, I think DL has a great selection of flats. Haymaker, Silver Bullet, Ranger, a ferris wheel, bumper cars, pirate ship, top spin, as well as antique cars, log flume, rapids ride, shoot-the-chutes, and a large selection of kiddie rides. I think DL's selection of rides is very well-rounded, and the thing that would do them the most good is to get some more coasters. And to fix the layout of the water park.

^^ Hey, someone agrees with me that DL isn't a complete piece of crap! Wow, I thought I was an army of one.

No, its more of an incomplete piece of crap.

Seriously, I was only there once, but it was better the most SF parks. At least al the rides were running when I was there. But the only ride worth a return trip is S:ROS.

I've had much more fun at Martin's Fantasy Island.