TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

On 12/30/2022 at 10:55 PM, pryonisys said:

The thing that I wish they would do that would cost them very little would be to re-open the path from Boomerang to Motocoaster, creating 2 dead ends with no real reason is silly (to be fair I'm sure there's some reason I don't know, but I still think it's stupid)

Its to secure the campground. Before, anybody entering the park could also enter the campground and vice versa. For years if you were in the campground you didnt even have to show tickets to enter the park. With this new setup the can also sell campsites without park tickets.

1 hour ago, Haymaker said:

Its to secure the campground. Before, anybody entering the park could also enter the campground and vice versa. For years if you were in the campground you didnt even have to show tickets to enter the park. With this new setup the can also sell campsites without park tickets.

Completely understood... I hate it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Sk610 said:

Looks like they are at least doing the first main turnaround at the very least.  I hope it's not just that turn but a few other rough spots too

The pic is the section they did last year

^agreed 100%.  A good classic wooden coaster is a thing of beauty.  Companies like GCI were making these wooden coasters with highly banked twisting drops and lateral movements. The just didn't hold up.

Give me The Comet at Great Escape or Blue Streak at CP over those any day

• 1 month later...

Apparently Big Kahuna's conveyor belt broke and fried the motor, so either that needs to be replaced or the entire slide needs to go. Not sure what's up with Heave Ho, but it's such a small footprint that you couldn't put much in that spot.

The Closed for the season post is very weird considering the park doesn't open until May

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2023 at 12:15 PM, Haymaker said:

Only two rides on the website that say this. Also, Heave-Ho and Big Kahuna are no longer listed.

Screenshot_20230227_131303_Chrome.jpg

Moose riders rejoice!  The website no longer lists them as "closed for the season".

SFDL.thumb.png.82410b3714385f5821a9dee3f1f1d344.png

• Like 1

Too bad. I remember back when it was just Darien Lake, not Six Flags, you would get admission with your camping plan. The park and campground were connected together with no gate.  And it was very affordable.  Good ol days!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a feeling it's just that first turnaround.  If you take a look, there is new wood to the left of the track.  I don't see it anywhere else in that picture

• Like 1

It would be great if they did a lot of the ride, but I'm really just expecting that turn around... maybe I'll get back up there in 2024 to check it out again, I did like the improvement that it had last year.
Small steps in the right direction, but I would love them to take a larger leap for the park (at some point)

• 3 weeks later...

Went on Memorial Day just to process my pass. I don't know if it came from the Mind Eraser lake or what, but walking through the parking lot smelled like literal poop. Another upgrade is that even though you reserve diamond parking, there is no attendant and they just let anyone park there, so it was obviously full despite a reservation.

Predator was legitimately fun, even in the back seat. Ride of Steel was running well. Those are the only two rides I went on so I can't report on anything past the custard stand, lol. Custard was clearly not Perry's as advertised as I'm an expert in custard :)

7 hours ago, anonymouscactus said:

Went on Memorial Day just to process my pass. I don't know if it came from the Mind Eraser lake or what, but walking through the parking lot smelled like literal poop. Another upgrade is that even though you reserve diamond parking, there is no attendant and they just let anyone park there, so it was obviously full despite a reservation.

Predator was legitimately fun, even in the back seat. Ride of Steel was running well. Those are the only two rides I went on so I can't report on anything past the custard stand, lol. Custard was clearly not Perry's as advertised as I'm an expert in custard :)

Perry's doesnt make custard, Upstate Farms usually does in the area. SFDL switched to Tillamook ice cream last year.