TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

54 minutes ago, Haymaker said:

Id like to see a replacement wheel as well, with a good lighting package. Always looked great at night walking around/out of the park or to the campground.

This exactly.
It would also be nice for families if they could get a newer wheel that maybe doesn't have such a high height requirement (if I'm remembering it was a 52" height requirement for some reason... I mean come on, you're locked in a cage).  If they were to get a new one a nice lighting package would be a must, you can't have the Sky Screamer be the only ride in the park with a good lighting package.

19 minutes ago, pryonisys said:

This exactly.
It would also be nice for families if they could get a newer wheel that maybe doesn't have such a high height requirement (if I'm remembering it was a 52" height requirement for some reason... I mean come on, you're locked in a cage).  If they were to get a new one a nice lighting package would be a must, you can't have the Sky Screamer be the only ride in the park with a good lighting package.

No, it was 36" with a responsible adult, 48" without. Took my kids many times. 

9 hours ago, Haymaker said:

No, it was 36" with a responsible adult, 48" without. Took my kids many times. 

Got it, I must have been mis-remembering or only ever saw the 48" part of the sign.  My daughter didn't have any real interest in riding it when I last took her (2019) so I didn't even bother checking to hard, I just remember thinking the height requirement was higher than I expected.

Just for kicks though I checked out the site in 2019 using the wayback machine
The wording was poorly done, and I think the website just had some incorrect heights listed (but really it obviously doesn't matter what they site had in 2019)

Sorry for my incorrect memory on that one

image.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarienLaker said:

^If you ask me a 54" tall with adult height requirement is ludicrous and makes zero sense especially for a family ride.

It wasnt, as stated in another post. It was 36" with an adult, 48" without. 

1 hour ago, tndank said:

Sad to see. I rode that at the World's Fair. 

Word is it failed a structural integrity test (NDT). Someone also mentioned a crack in the axle saddle. It hasnt been the same since they removed the lights though. Id like to see them put up another one of similar or bigger size with a great light package. Doubt it though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Since there are only bigfoot photos out there I'll join in and post a majorly cropped obscure one as well but at least it shows a major landmark and a closeup 🤪

Watch as coaster nerd YouTube users use this stupid photo crop image because they can't wait a few weeks until opening day as they salivate at anything they can get and don't believe when I say it's already there (moreso than White Lightning lol)...

1652062384943-picsay.thumb.png.ad690330d7f45b40a7707135a55721c2.png

Edited by anonymouscactus
Adding more ridiculous things to the image just 'cause
  • Haha 2

I want to see a ground up GCI coaster with titan track. Imagine a park like DL adding a new modern GCI like Mystic Timbers but with less maintenance then a traditional wooden coaster 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

This will be the only "major investment" your park gets for the next decade; cherish it.

Well that's a cheery thought (even if it is correct)
We can at least hope that they add more titan track to it every year and eventually the whole thing may be kind of smoothish.
The largest investment the park needs currently is paint and landscaping, it would go a long way to make the park seem nicer

• Like 1

Predator was so roughs so it's a good thing they started retracking it.  And the Titan track should not only improve the ride quality but also reduce maintenance.  If it proves to be true we will see a lot of wood coasters get this treatment wheather from GCI or RMC.

On 5/13/2022 at 5:38 PM, Haymaker said:

Looking like a wave pool refurb and operating lazy river as well (📸 source: SF socials)

Wave pool gets its bottom re-coated annually or semi-annually.

• Like 1

I was looking around the SFDL website the other day and I got a pop up asking me to join the six flags advisory panel. They send out surveys about the park and  future and current plans.  

It seemed like a great opportunity  to have a say in future rides and other things that happen