TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Interesting... opening weekend is Memorial Day, which is 2-3 weeks later than usual. Could be a few reasons.... more time to get the park ready and have everything ready by opening day, and best chance to not have weather concerns.

Screenshot_20220216-121318_Chrome.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wahoo Wave and Hurricane Harbor branding have been confirmed to be happening this year. Park will be closed on Tuesdays. Chris Thorpe is once again the park president.

https://www.wgrz.com/amp/article/entertainment/six-flags-darien-lake-announces-new-water-slide-wahoo-wave-hurricane-harbor/71-f28b120b-5bb8-443b-ae3f-96bbca138756

DARIEN CENTER, N.Y. — The opening of Six Flags Darien Lake is just under three months away, and the park is ready to bring some new fun this summer.

On Monday, Darien Lake announced it is rebranding the Splashtown Waterpark to Six Flags Hurricane Harbor and is opening a new water slide for the 2022 season. 

The new slide, Wahoo Wave, is 60 feet tall and one of the tallest slides in the park.

“Six Flags is committed to making the park bigger, better and now wetter than ever with the addition of this world-class waterpark attraction, Wahoo Wave,” said Park President Chris Thorpe. “With non-stop, soaking thrills for the entire family, Hurricane Harbor will be the perfect summertime escape.”

Wahoo Wave features twists, drops and a "water wave wall." The slide will provide near-vertical motions and extended hang time providing zero g-forces. 

The whole family can experience the six story slide together in a four person tube. 

Construction of the slide has already begun. It is expected to be open when the waterpark opens in May.

Other changes coming to the park include expanded seating, improved shade areas, a selfie spot with a 20-foot-tall shark and a new wave pool mural.

Darien Lake opens May 27 for weekends and select weekdays until June 24. The park will be open daily, except for Tuesdays, through Labor Day.

The park is the the region's largest waterpark and has a total for 50 rides between both the amusement park and waterpark. It also has a 20,000-seat amphitheater operated by Live Nation.

So Darien Lake got the new passes today. The good news, you can use the lowest tier pass at some other Six Flags parks instead of just Darien Lake.

However, the parks are as follows:

🤣

Screenshot_20220228-152400.thumb.png.fa05047468580ea946be4d0e36616a7d.png

Well at least you can go to SFNE.

Also of note in the press release above that they are closed on Tuesdays.

49 minutes ago, anonymouscactus said:

So Darien Lake got the new passes today. The good news, you can use the lowest tier pass at some other Six Flags parks instead of just Darien Lake.

However, the parks are as follows:

🤣

Screenshot_20220228-152400.thumb.png.fa05047468580ea946be4d0e36616a7d.png

Well at least you can go to SFNE.

Also of note in the press release above that they are closed on Tuesdays.

I wonder if they studied how many local people traveled west to go to a SF park and decided that the rest werent needed. Id bet that the number is small.

img_1_1646082795973.jpg

img_2_1646082800754.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheAmericanKnight said:

Does anyone know if there will be improvements in the park other than the waterpark for this season?

If youre talking additions, its only the waterpark. Updates and refurbs, we wont know until it opens. If last year is any indication, a flat or three could be refurbed and common areas fixed & spruced up. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2021 at 11:45 PM, abovethesink said:

I would think it is safe to assume that all the retracking doesn't bode well for the GCI Titan track plan ever happening.

If you look realllllyy closely from the road (grab some binoculars), you may find a surprise on the death turn... just a tiny portion of the ride... but it's a start... 🤫

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, TheAmericanKnight said:

GCI announced that 700 feet of their Titan track is being installed somewhere, but didn't say where exactly. How likely is it that this is going on at SFDL?

Supposedly is around the death turn

On 4/10/2022 at 4:00 PM, TheAmericanKnight said:

GCI announced that 700 feet of their Titan track is being installed somewhere, but didn't say where exactly. How likely is it that this is going on at SFDL?

It is likely. 

10 hours ago, anonymouscactus said:

I've already seen the track, but where did GCI announce this, out of curiosity? I haven't seen anything recent.

They announced it here on their Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/p/Cb-JMeOAqP3/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=a6fe9e3c-d8ca-4c52-92f7-3f3b838abd60

Also, you've already seen the track? Like, at SFDL or somewhere else?

On 4/9/2022 at 11:34 PM, Haymaker said:

RIP in peace

FB_IMG_1649561603427.jpg

So, what do y'all want to see go here? Seems like an ideal footprint for those Zamperla Giga Discovery rides that Six Flags have installed in many of their other parks.

45 minutes ago, DougMJr said:

So, what do y'all want to see go here? Seems like an ideal footprint for those Zamperla Giga Discovery rides that Six Flags have installed in many of their other parks.

For the next few years?  I see an empty plot.
I may be in the minority but I'd like to see them put in another ferris wheel, it just seemed like a great location for one, and each time I was there it was getting ridership.

A discovery would be nice, but there are some other areas it would fit (honestly I expected a smaller model where Pirate is, but they actually refurbished it).