TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

25 minutes ago, LegendLover said:

Pardon me everybody for asking in case this was a topic that was already brought up, but is the Titan Track on Predator completely cancelled or just postponed to 2022?

In theory, scheduled for 2022.  Don't believe it was ever scheduled for 2021.

In reality, it's Darien Lake, so it'll probably never happen.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was at the park today and have to say that it seemed extremely busy. Maybe because it was a Saturday or a concert day, but it was busy. It does however look like the park is terribly understaffed. Lines for food were 45 minutes or more. They also appeared to have some rides on a rotation program where certain flat rides were not open but then opened an hour or so later. 

This came up in my Facebook memories today. 5 years ago, my son (4 at the time) was standing in line for the kiddie swings and dancing around like he had to pee. He insisted he didnt have to. I took his word for it and sat down on a bench. A minute later, I hear him crying on the ride, and this is what I found when I got up to check on him. 

14089127_10153599580810670_2801686204566429359_n.jpg

• Haha 8

I try not to post negative stuff, but was at Darien Lake again today.  I don't know if it's me, but wow, the line jumping that was going on today seemed way out of control.  Seems to get worse as the season has gone on.  

On a good note it was nice to see the covered bridge fixed and usable again.  Predator seemed smoother since all the work completed on it.  Sat in the middle and did not have to contact my chiropractor afterwards.

I would think it is safe to assume that all the retracking doesn't bode well for the GCI Titan track plan ever happening. I guess they could be doing areas that just plain had to be done to run it this year or areas that were never planned for the Titan track anyway, but that plan feels more and more like a pandemic casualty as time goes on to me.

16 hours ago, abovethesink said:

I would think it is safe to assume that all the retracking doesn't bode well for the GCI Titan track plan ever happening. I guess they could be doing areas that just plain had to be done to run it this year or areas that were never planned for the Titan track anyway, but that plan feels more and more like a pandemic casualty as time goes on to me.

Most if the work I saw was in the support structure and not the track. 

10 hours ago, TheAmericanKnight said:

Why does it seem as though Mind Eraser has been closed a lot recently? Did something happen to it?

It usually the first to go for staffing issues. That whole side of the park in fact. Plus no one will miss it. 

What's everyone's fascination with that stupid bridge over the antique cars? Like... there is a path just to the right of it that takes another 50 steps to get to. There's like not even a reason for it. Of all the things they could paint.

I guess I'm just old and grumpy.

Yesterday and today tantrum, predator, moose, motocoaster, corn popper, mind eraser, sleigh ride all closed for staffing. That's not even the full list. Like what's the point of even being open if everyone is angry.

14 hours ago, anonymouscactus said:

What's everyone's fascination with that stupid bridge over the antique cars? Like... there is a path just to the right of it that takes another 50 steps to get to. There's like not even a reason for it. Of all the things they could paint.

I guess I'm just old and grumpy.

Yesterday and today tantrum, predator, moose, motocoaster, corn popper, mind eraser, sleigh ride all closed for staffing. That's not even the full list. Like what's the point of even being open if everyone is angry.

Its a much more direct route to Motocoaster, and the campground. 

Not a huge deal, just another thing thats been repaired and re-opened this year, along with Sleighride and Pirate. Shows that they arent ignoring things and is progress towards further improvement.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

That is a pretty sad list of rides open. I wonder if the did some kind of rotation where ops went to other rides later in the day or this was just how they went. 

I know staffing is a huge issue everywhere, and always has been at DL after Labor Day, but that list of rides is not really worth going for