TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

I actually am thinking with all the cuts six flags is announcing, I would not be surprised if we see these pieces go into that storage building SFDL recently put up. Ontop of that, we were recently touched on in the Six Flags Q4 earnings call as a point of interest, leading many to think 2021/22 would be great years for SFDL. If you read the futures section of the new revised plan now that Six Flags has obtained a credit facility to try and stay afloat, we are no longer looked at as a point of interest, but an "obligation" along with the rest of the purchased parks.

Sorry for the long post....hope everyone is staying healthy!

I hope this park gets branded soon. Come on, "Ride of Steel" just screams Superman. I don't know.

The water park is getting branded, I wouldve said maybe the rest next year. But with everything thats happened I think everything is up in the air.

At this point anything would be nice on the dry side, but as stated everything really appears to be up in the air. SFMM is already getting another coaster in 2021 with this supposed budget of Six Flags, and SFDL can barely put one rideable train together for ME. Vekoma vest restraints would be nice but quarantine got me talking long/dreaming again sorry!! Hahaha

At this point anything would be nice on the dry side, but as stated everything really appears to be up in the air. SFMM is already getting another coaster in 2021 with this supposed budget of Six Flags, and SFDL can barely put one rideable train together for ME. Vekoma vest restraints would be nice but quarantine got me talking long/dreaming again sorry!! Hahaha

Don't they have to get a new train to pass inspections at this point for Mind Eraser?

Campgrounds have now been closed in Erie County as of April 15th. I don't mean to be a downer but it's really not looking good for SFDL to open in May or anytime soon after that. COVID is simply hitting the area far too hard.

Good thing for SFDL because its in Genesee County.

I'm well aware what county DL is in, however closures like these just aren't good signs for the summer at all. And if you think COVID and the COVID related closures are going to stay just in Erie county, that's about as big of a joke as this entire thread.

I seem to be on my own with my opinion of SFDL, located in the glorious county of Genesee, however I do not see it or several major parks opening this summer. We are looking at it as enthusiasts....the big picture however would ultimately show parks won't be opening. Cedar Fairs new plan (yes I'm aware we are not cedar fair dont mske a post calling this out) with $75-100 mill cuts in the 2020/2021 season shows where the industry is headed.

I seem to be on my own with my opinion of SFDL, located in the glorious county of Genesee, however I do not see it or several major parks opening this summer. We are looking at it as enthusiasts....the big picture however would ultimately show parks won't be opening. Cedar Fairs new plan (yes I'm aware we are not cedar fair dont mske a post calling this out) with $75-100 mill cuts in the 2020/2021 season shows where the industry is headed.

They already cut discretionary capital improvements. Check the SF Corporate thread.

I know. I know what's going on with the information that has been put out by six flags. I am stating the parks will in my opinion not be open this summer. Has Six Flags announced that yet? I didnt think so. Good God this thread is obnoxious AF

So yes.....yes indeed I have been here less than a week. However that's not going to make my opinion matter any less than yours...or anyones. That is what I am saying. This thread is so dramatic. It should just be about the park and roller coasters. Period. Not who knows this and who knows who and how long you have sat behind a computer or phone with a name on here. That's garbage.

There have been 19 posts on this thread in the past week, and 10 of them have been yours. You've literally posted more to this thread since you signed up than all other users combined.

My point in questioning his short time here was that he may have been banned previously. He's pretty combative and defensive for a new guy.

^^^ what he said above sums up how I feel about the thread lol. Since we are counting, 11th and final post. For the record your theory of me being banned somewhere is way in left field. Im just a coaster enthusiast that smokes pot/huge medical marijuana advocate as well but not for this thread Ha. Peace out.

Its somehow not surprising that even during a global pandemic when basically no parks are even open this thread manages to maintain its status as a total dumpster fire. Well done.