TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Here's one: Six Flags is pretty unoriginal in their naming and consider alliteration the height of wittiness. I suppose that's not much a hint. It's another ProSlide...

Speaking of my last post, hey dnn, you still don't know? No evidence?

Read through his past posts and you'll figure it out (maybe).

Who cares

You sound pleasant.

Teasers are pointless. Six Flags cearly doesnt do them on the same level as CF, and even then CF only seems to do it for major coasters. And ultimately the teasers barely relate to the project at hand. So again... who cares if they tease or not.

Again...you sound pleasant.

Keep waiting for that teaser tho

2j75pc.jpg

Stop being a dickbag.

Thanks for the recommendation. But then again, I'll at least quote this as well.

My earlier dismissal of a water ride might have been premature. Though not much further details.

Seems like this is what Haymaker is talking about. And again. There’s NO evidence here. Vague statements aren’t proving anything. Unless this was coming from a PR person specifically which I don’t believe it is then it isn’t saying much at all.

People who know what’s happening aren’t saying anything and that’s always the case. All of us posting can have hunches and thoughts but a top level exec is not going to come and say anything because people wanna know.

So now I've just read 87 posts and didn't get much substance out of any of them. Perhaps 2 things total mentioned anything about a water attraction and everything else seemed like things that weren't all that top secret in the first place.

I have nothing against dnn at all, and it seems all the posts from them have been great for adding to a conversation with really no talking down of anyone which I appreciate.

when it comes to how Haymaker is acting I only have one thing to say... Arrogance is not cool my friend.

So now I've just read 87 posts and didn't get much substance out of any of them. Perhaps 2 things total mentioned anything about a water attraction and everything else seemed like things that weren't all that top secret in the first place.

I have nothing against dnn at all, and it seems all the posts from them have been great for adding to a conversation with really no talking down of anyone which I appreciate.

when it comes to how Haymaker is acting I only have one thing to say... Arrogance is not cool my friend.

If you cant clearly deduce from their posts that he/she works at the park (and has since the PARC days at least, and not seasonally), probably in maintenance or operations and would easily have inside information on what is coming... then reading comprehension isnt a strong suit. Dnn is clearly not your average passholder like you or me. Like I said, y'all havent been paying attention. If you want to call it arrogance that I noticed it and paid attention to it then I dont really care. Maybe youll pay attention after the new water park addition is announced. If its not, then i'll take my lumps like a man.

Could it ... *gulp*... could this really be the long awaited return of the legendary Barracuda Bay?!?

The only slide ever known to have a midcourse section that slows you down just as much as the midcourse brakes on Goliath at SFMM?

Edit: I believe I meant to say ‘Cuda Falls

We know it wont be a Tornado, Racer or a SkyBox, so that leaves a slide complex, coaster (or other raft style slides) or new playground as options. Either way I think this logically could be going in Hook's spot.

Edited by Haymaker

We know it wont be a Tornado, Racer or a SkyBox, so that leaves a slide complex, coaster (or other raft style slides) or new playground as options. Either way I think this logically could be going in Hook's spot.

Bingo on the raft style...

Id prefer a coaster but if its anything like Colossal Curl at Water Country itd be a good add

colossal-curl-thrill-mobile.ashx?version=1_201712201115

Bingo on the raft style...

Hmm.... interesting. I'm hoping it is good enough to convince me to go to the waterpark again. I haven't stepped foot into the waterpark since 2016. This should at least be interesting.

If they are changing Motocoaster and Mind Eraser to some extent for next season, then I'm really hoping they at least retheme one (especially both) of them. That would be neat, but I'm not sure how realistic that would be. Who knows?

Speaking of all of this, anyone know if the Six Flags announcements will be at Midnight? Or will they be later in the Morning?

5:00AM EST.

Is that a joke, or legit?

I don't joke about things that are well-documented and easily searchable on Google.

I did try to look it up on Google, but I couldn't find anything. That's why I asked here. I typed in "Six Flags 2019 announcement time" and got a couple of results about "2019 Opening Weekend" and "Quarterly Earnings" instead.