TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

^ honestly I’ll take it if it boosts revenue for the park.

All I cared about last year was the Halloween laser show and the fog and lights around the scare zones. I had zero intentions of paying for the houses last year as I had just as much fun experiencing the park in October and seeing it all fogged up again after so long. If cheap houses is what it takes to get people through the gates then so be it. 4 houses with hour long lines is by no means bad for the park.

I go to Cedar Point for their haunt event and then come back to Darien for some end of season coaster riding. Bring on Fright(fully cheap) Fest™!

All I cared about last year was the Halloween laser show and the fog and lights around the scare zones. I had zero intentions of paying for the houses last year as I had just as much fun experiencing the park in October and seeing it all fogged up again after so long. If cheap houses is what it takes to get people through the gates then so be it. 4 houses with hour long lines is by no means bad for the park.

I go to Cedar Point for their haunt event and then come back to Darien for some end of season coaster riding. Bring on Fright(fully cheap) Fest™!

Well stated

Agreed. That way, we can maybe get that S&S Freespin. (Gosh I hope they add one)

As much as a Freespin would be fantastic, i’m more of a Giant Discovery kind of guy

Who cares

You sound pleasant.

Teasers are pointless. Six Flags cearly doesnt do them on the same level as CF, and even then CF only seems to do it for major coasters. And ultimately the teasers barely relate to the project at hand. So again... who cares if they tease or not.

is that a new one?

I only saw it for a second the last time I was there and just sort of assumed that it was the same one that was there previously, just disassembled and left in a parking lot. (not trying to be negative, I just didn't realize it wasn't the old one)

Who cares

You sound pleasant.

Teasers are pointless. Six Flags cearly doesnt do them on the same level as CF, and even then CF only seems to do it for major coasters. And ultimately the teasers barely relate to the project at hand. So again... who cares if they tease or not.

Again...you sound pleasant.

is that a new one?

I only saw it for a second the last time I was there and just sort of assumed that it was the same one that was there previously, just disassembled and left in a parking lot. (not trying to be negative, I just didn't realize it wasn't the old one)

That’s the old one. It’s like when they removed scrambler a couple years ago. They fixed it up and put it back halfway through the year.

Unless 2020 is the year of the refurbished balloon ride. In which case, can’t wait to let my cousins take a spin on “crime wave jr.” next year.

Who cares

You sound pleasant.

Not that I agree that teasers are pointless... they’re a great way to generate buzz for a park and get clicks on posts and what not. They’re great marketing materials that keep customers excited and happy and wanting to know more.

However as I’ve stated at least three times. Darien Lake does not do teasing. Not even a little. They never have and they very likely never will. The sooner we all accept that the better. And good on them for keeping whatever the 2020 project is a secret. I think it’s pretty cool that in the last several years they only had one project actually leak - and that was tantrum.

Yes I’d love teasers for my home park too, but I’ll just as happily enjoy being surprised next Thursday when we find out what’s going on next year for all the Six Flags parks.

Sorry to beat a dead horse.

Also...

Team Retheme 2020

Who cares

You sound pleasant.

Keep waiting for that teaser tho

2j75pc.jpg

I went to the park today after not going at all last year. Here are a few thoughts. First off, I think the park is looking pretty good. I noticed some fresh paint on the bathroom buildings as well as a few rides. Sky Screamer is awesome! Other than the few complaints about one train ops and the roof on the sleigh ride, my only complaint was on some of the landscaping. There were a few spots that were just weeds right next to parts that were very nicely landscaped. Overall, I thought things looked pretty good. I also want to say that most of the ride ops were very good and really seemed to enjoy their jobs. The girl operating the giant wheel was constantly interacting with guests on and off the ride. There were two others who also made things more fun with banter and interaction. That is how CP ops are, and I thought it was great to see at DL

The only rides not running were boomerang and Pirate. I could not tell if Red Hawk was closed or nobody paid to ride. A few concession stands were closed also. No signs of any construction at all

Who cares

You sound pleasant.

Keep waiting for that teaser tho

2j75pc.jpg

Stop being a dickbag.

Haymaker, why do you think wanting some sort of teaser is really that out of whack? Literally all the other Six Flags parks have been teasing to at least some degree except for us. It’s not that strange of people to want/expect some teasing from the park.

Thats what enthusiasts want. The majority of people around here (Buffalo) dont know or care about them and probably have no idea the announcement is this week. Like Steve said, DL never has teased anyways.

^ big country concert today. Place is usually jammed when that comes up. Can’t wait to see how many morons get arrested when this one is over. Channel 4 usually has that count by 11am the next day.

Yeah, FGL. But didnt appear to be too many of your typical country concert goers in the park. But im sure it contributed.