TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

What does the Spiderman Poster have to do with Ride of Steel?

(for those who aren't comic/IP savvy) Spiderman is a Marvel IP, not DC and Disney doesn't even have fully rights to him.

Six Flags is not able to use Spiderman.

If I'm missing something from this photo please let me know, I've been known to overlook the obvious from time to time haha

I mean it makes 100 percent sense to theme it back to Superman. Six Flags just bought a park with a red and blue Intamin hyper named “Ride of Steel”, and SF has the deals to use the Superman name. It’s only a matter of time but there’s no way in hell that we’ll never see that theme come back. It just wouldn’t make sense.

What does the Spiderman Poster have to do with Ride of Steel?

(for those who aren't comic/IP savvy) Spiderman is a Marvel IP, not DC and Disney doesn't even have fully rights to him.

Six Flags is not able to use Spiderman.

If I'm missing something from this photo please let me know, I've been known to overlook the obvious from time to time haha

I think the post was a joke. Universal has Spiderman's IP rights because they were grandfathered in to the Disney deal. That shop has had both Marvel and DC stuff all year.

I'm so stoked for when this park finally does change the name to Superman and markets it as a brand new coaster and doesn't add anything else because its Six Flags and that's what they do and then you guys are all gonna cry for 6 months about how lame your 2020/2021/2022/whateverthef*ckyear addition is.

P.S. They probably won't even paint it because why would they even bother?

^ To the chain's credit they did give SFNE a super loop along with the Superman retheme a few years ago.

When they turned it into Bizarro I remember they also got their old wipeout reinstalled that was in storage.

But then again this is Darien Lake.

^ But there's 3 parks that are owned by Six Flags that don't use it because they don't see a need to use it: Frontier City, Great Escape, and La Ronde.

Here’s my way of thinking about it. Yes, there are 3 parks without the Superman/DC branding. But all 3 of those parks do not have the Six Flags name or a hyper coaster that was clearly themed to it at one time. We have the Six Flags name and “Ride of Steel”. It only makes sense.

I'm so stoked for when this park finally does change the name to Superman and markets it as a brand new coaster and doesn't add anything else because its Six Flags and that's what they do and then you guys are all gonna cry for 6 months about how lame your 2020/2021/2022/whateverthef*ckyear addition is.

P.S. They probably won't even paint it because why would they even bother?

Six Flags New England:

Bizarro Retheme / new trains / new effects / repainted

Superman Return / updated trains / repainted

Mind Eraser / new trains

The Riddler Revenge / New Paint and theme

Six Flags Great Adventure

Superman repaint

Six Flags America

Firebird / retheme / new trains

Is it really that unbelievable that they would do something like repaint a Rollercoaster? I’m sure there’s more examples here too, but come on.

with the fact that Darien Lake has almost never teased anything new ever... I wouldn’t expect them to do it this time around either.

Whatever’s coming will be very likely a surprise to most of us, but I highly doubt it will shock any of us.

Still no teasers yet? Even Six Flags America has already begun to tease their 2020 attraction.

I was thinking the same thing today. Maybe no teasers means no new major attraction

The better example is at SFGAm but this will have to do.

Some Six Flags parks do this for two attractions. Could be confusing for some, but most of the time people figure it out.

SFNE’s case actually just goes up toward a plaza with two other ride signs, but SFGAm’s case has two queues that start at the same point. One for the American Eagle and the other for their skycoaster.

782A8A47-9CB3-413E-B82F-72206B7490F9.thumb.jpeg.0328e122a75733673366d206a59734fd.jpeg

So the new halloween haunt is gonna be in the SAME building as Jungle Apocalypse..? How are they gonna fit two queues and haunts in the same building, WITHOUT people getting confused?

This is incredibly common for haunt events. They'll figure it out.

It doesn't really matter if they're in the same building, that building is giant. What does matter is that the Jungle Apocalypse haunt was really really stupid. I went on an insanely busy night last year and each haunt had an hour plus wait so I only made it to two of them, they were both really bad.

It seems staffing is a big issue for their haunts that I was in last year, the scare zones had maybe one or two scare actors and I think I only saw one scare actor in each of the mazes that I was in.

The new haunt will be really, really stupid too. It's a Six Flags Fright Fest event. They don't care.

I actually love a lot of things that Six Flags has been doing lately but they seem to fundamentally believe that people will show up in droves for Fright Fest no matter how little effort they put into it and (to their credit), they seem to be 100% correct.

The new haunt will be really, really stupid too. It's a Six Flags Fright Fest event. They don't care.

I actually love a lot of things that Six Flags has been doing lately but they seem to fundamentally believe that people will show up in droves for Fright Fest no matter how little effort they put into it and (to their credit), they seem to be 100% correct.

Oh, after going to the one last year I'm absolutely certain you are correct

My favorite part of the haunt last year was the motion activated windshield wiper style corpse on the side of an rv... I don't even know what it was really supposed to accomplish (sorry for ruining the high class surprise for anyone who has yet to experience the amazing layout of Camp Scumshine)