TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Oh well. I went on Finnegan's Flyer, I think itd be a great addition in the right spot, maybe to replace Pirate. But clearly its not a SF thing.

Never say never. Six Flags does work with S&S quite frequently on their Free Spins, so I wouldn't put it past them to purchase another product from S&S. They also just bought Maxx Force this year.

Not saying it will happen here or at any other park, but Six Flags definitely works with S&S.

^ True.

On an unrelated note, I stumbled upon the source of parts for Corn Popper. Apparently PARC bought Geauga Lake's Thriller Bees when Cedar Fair closed it. Found that interesting. If I recall correctly they used some cars of it for Fright Fest too.

Motocoaster was down yesterday at the end of the day, say 830, they said it would reopen before the end of the night, not sure if it did.

It was ERT for today and yesterday, it's now been removed off of the list, not sure what will replace it.

This morning it opened late due to extra testing, the ride op said an alarm went off but wouldn't expand upon it to people that were waiting. They were just running it over and over again with no passengers while we stood in line.

I'm beginning to think this thing may need a true a refurbishment. How different is it than it's sister model at Knotts Berry Farm? I know this was a prototype.

Motocoaster was down yesterday at the end of the day, say 830, they said it would reopen before the end of the night, not sure if it did.

It was ERT for today and yesterday, it's now been removed off of the list, not sure what will replace it.

This morning it opened late due to extra testing, the ride op said an alarm went off but wouldn't expand upon it to people that were waiting. They were just running it over and over again with no passengers while we stood in line.

I'm beginning to think this thing may need a true a refurbishment. How different is it than it's sister model at Knotts Berry Farm? I know this was a prototype.

People here have talked about wanting a Free Spin... well it could come at Motocoaster's expense if its as much of a problem child as it seems.

Pony Express is a more spread out layout, theyre not similar beyond the launch. Steeplechase at Coney Island is Motocoaster's clone.

It’s starting to really get concerning how much downtime Motocoaster has had these past few years now. I mean, it was a prototype at Zamplera before it came here, makes me wonder really how much useful life it still has in it, not to mention how easy it would be to remove the thing since it’s not actually permanently in the ground.

Whenever a ride breaks for more than a few hours, enthusiasts always love to speculate on whether or not it's "reached the end of it's useful life". Why the drama?

It probably just breaks down more than anything else at the park because everything else is a simple lift driven coaster running one train with terrible dispatch times. Those rides are pretty much never going to break the way that they run them. By comparison, a Zamperla launched motocoaster might as well be Top Thrill Dragster.

There are tons and tons of rides in the chain that are way more unreliable than Motocoaster and they've kept them around.

Anybody know about what the status on Ride of Steel is by any chance? I could've heard wrong, but apparently I heard that there are 6 rows blocked off so far on the one train they have. I hope the back row is not blocked off when I am there next weekend.

Whenever a ride breaks for more than a few hours, enthusiasts always love to speculate on whether or not it's "reached the end of it's useful life". Why the drama?

It probably just breaks down more than anything else at the park because everything else is a simple lift driven coaster running one train with terrible dispatch times. Those rides are pretty much never going to break the way that they run them. By comparison, a Zamperla launched motocoaster might as well be Top Thrill Dragster.

There are tons and tons of rides in the chain that are way more unreliable than Motocoaster and they've kept them around.

Based off of 4 other roller coaster prototypes from the same era... yes... we should be concerned it could go away.

X - multi-million dollar project to turn into X2 or else would've been scrapped

Hypersonic XLC

Volcano

Roller Soaker

And if you would prefer not to speculate with roller coaster enthusiasts on if a ride is going to close or not, maybe this isn't the right message board for you.

Anybody know about what the status on Ride of Steel is by any chance? I could've heard wrong, but apparently I heard that there are 6 rows blocked off so far on the one train they have. I hope the back row is not blocked off when I am there next weekend.

They have 1 or 2 cars blocked off for the Fast past people when it is busy.

^ when the line was close to an hour they had two rows blocked off for Fast Pass, I’d be disappointed but not surprised if they did actually bring it up to 4

I swear it’s like the park wants people to leave bad reviews and stop going. With one train, this place literally can’t handle fast passes. On a busy day that line is already over an hour due to their bs cheap operations. Now cut 2 or more cars off the train and that it absolutely absurd. If they don’t get a second train next season or in 2021, i’m really going to be concerned about how the park is being ran.

The park has been using 1 train for many many years. They will be fine..... It sounds like many parks throughout the country have 1 train. Its not the late 90s or early 2000's anymore. When you have a season pass, you can predict the good days to go, when the park should be slower, and get on these rides much faster.

^ I think everyone would be happy if they left them on the transfers for use on busy days. ROS could probably run it regularly while Viper could use it on the weekends. If Predator didnt have the slowest ride ops the line would move faster. That said, i've only seen a 3 coasters using one train in the four other parks ive been to this summer, and you can probably figure out why: Corkscrew and Mine Ride at CP and Ravine Flyer II. All the coasters at Hersheypark and BGW ran two or more. At BGW they were all walk ons or one train wait except for Verbolten.

On an unrelated note, I stumbled upon the source of parts for Corn Popper. Apparently PARC bought Geauga Lake's Thriller Bees when Cedar Fair closed it. Found that interesting. If I recall correctly they used some cars of it for Fright Fest too.

They used old Crazy Quilt cars on and off, don't recall any Corn Popper. Or if they did it could have been off the live ride; Corn Popper used to be shut down mid-September when they fenced off that part of the park. But I'm pretty sure they don't have a spare Corn Popper for parts.

They used old Crazy Quilt cars on and off, don't recall any Corn Popper. Or if they did it could have been off the live ride; Corn Popper used to be shut down mid-September when they fenced off that part of the park. But I'm pretty sure they don't have a spare Corn Popper for parts.

Its been 11 years, maybe they scrapped it or moved it by now.

I wasn't familiar with the Geauga Lake ride, but that is a very different scale to Corn Popper. Similar concept and both Huss, but I would imagine very little parts commonality. And definitely haven't seen it used for Fright Fest (or at the park, for that matter).

I wasn't familiar with the Geauga Lake ride, but that is a very different scale to Corn Popper. Similar concept and both Huss, but I would imagine very little parts commonality. And definitely haven't seen it used for Fright Fest (or at the park, for that matter).

Screenshot_20190811-135255_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c08abd8cce0037e20a07d3201b6c2e30.jpg