TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

^ from what I gather nothing is wrong with the Corn Popper, it’s just one of the first rides to close for staffing / low attendance

Not staffing. Drive gearbox broke.

Is that a replaceable part on a ride that old? They don't make parts for that ride anymore. It will be sad to see that ride go if it can't be fixed. It is one of my favorite flats there like the UFO(RIP).

As much as we all want more coasters, investing in a flat ride pack is honestly the way they should probably go, it would feel like a bunch of the park is updated with some newer flats.

My guess would be a flat ride package or a new/updated kiddie area

Kiddie area is in good shape

What about the balloons kiddie ride? I saw a recent picture on here that showed the balloons dismantled and my guess is that Darien Lake is going to take out said kiddie ride?

One ride being down and out for what could be a refurbishment doesn’t mean the kiddie section is garbage. We just took my little cousin there and she had a blast riding everything. Plus, I appreciate how it’s in its own little zone so the little kids and more so their parents don’t have to worry about teenagers and other hooligans as much which is a very nice touch.

TL:DR - the kiddie area is great, let it be.

^Well at least the "Seaport" kiddie rides can be replaced since Zamplera and many other manufacturers still make part for the 1996 kiddie rides at Darien Lake. I wish I could say the same thing for for Pirate and Corn Popper.

As much as we all want more coasters, investing in a flat ride pack is honestly the way they should probably go, it would feel like a bunch of the park is updated with some newer flats.

Kiddie area is in good shape

What about the balloons kiddie ride? I saw a recent picture on here that showed the balloons dismantled and my guess is that Darien Lake is going to take out said kiddie ride?

One ride being down and out for what could be a refurbishment doesn’t mean the kiddie section is garbage. We just took my little cousin there and she had a blast riding everything. Plus, I appreciate how it’s in its own little zone so the little kids and more so their parents don’t have to worry about teenagers and other hooligans as much which is a very nice touch.

TL:DR - the kiddie area is great, let it be.

Fair, I think it just needs a little TLC and maybe a fresh coat of paint (like many things in the park). The submarine was in pretty sad condition when I was there from a pealing paint point of view.

My daughter had an awesome time in the kiddie area too. I just kind of figure if they do get the WB licensing (who knows a this point) there may be a bit of a re-theme in there. I honestly don't mind all that much either way.

Nah, I'd rather just see them add another roller coaster. Also, sleighride was running when I was there around 2 weeks ago. Its cycle seems short, but it works. I hope they focus on building up SFDL's roller coaster selection to be at least on par with other Six Flags parks.

Really hoping for an S&S Freespin or an RMC Raptor.

^Well at least the "Seaport" kiddie rides can be replaced since Zamplera and many other manufacturers still make part for the 1996 kiddie rides at Darien Lake. I wish I could say the same thing for for Pirate and Corn Popper.

There are other Pirates. I could be as simple as changing out drive parts for a new version.

Nah, I'd rather just see them add another roller coaster. Also, sleighride was running when I was there around 2 weeks ago. Its cycle seems short, but it works. I hope they focus on building up SFDL's roller coaster selection to be at least on par with other Six Flags parks.

The sleigh ride cycle seems short because it is. It used to go forward, then there would be a backward cycle. As of last year it was running both cycles, but this year they only run the forward cycle. Does anyone know why?

The sleigh ride cycle seems short because it is. It used to go forward, then there would be a backward cycle. As of last year it was running both cycles, but this year they only run the forward cycle. Does anyone know why?

Someone said its a SF thing, that none of their similar rides run the backwards cycle.

With Steel Curtain opening this weekend I can't help but wish for a Darien Lake/Buffalo Bills themed coaster.

They could make it a second hyper coaster (heck if Hershey can have 2 hypers right next to eachother, why not another park).

Theme it after a Buffalo Bills season:

- Huge first hill to symbolize all the hope and hype at the beginning of the season

- Large first drop to symbolize the neverending sense of dread after the Bills get blown out for the first time of the season

- Big second hill because everyone Billeves and hope springs eternal

- Hard hitting mid-course bakes with a dissapointing second half of the coaster

- Make sure the coaster just kind of limps into the station and barely needs brakes at the end of the ride

*I say this completely in jest, I'm a Bills fan and one of the people who always has hope for the season

Is that a replaceable part on a ride that old? They don't make parts for that ride anymore. It will be sad to see that ride go if it can't be fixed. It is one of my favorite flats there like the UFO(RIP).

It should be repairable. I believe it had a similar failure 4 or 5 years ago near the end of season.

Anyone know the status of predators re track (I’m one of those weirdos who actually likes that thing)

When I was there the other day there was a pretty good amount of track being ripped off, so I wouldn’t be shocked if it wasn’t open for awhile, they were starting to add the new track to one hill when I was there and that’s about it. When I saw track being ripped off I was like “RMC, is that you” haha, oh well, at least they’re trying to make Predator more enjoyable, if that’s possible.

With Steel Curtain opening this weekend I can't help but wish for a Darien Lake/Buffalo Bills themed coaster.

They could make it a second hyper coaster (heck if Hershey can have 2 hypers right next to eachother, why not another park).

- Huge first hill to symbolize all the hope and hype at the beginning of the season

- Large first drop to symbolize the neverending sense of dread after the Bills get blown out for the first time of the season

- Make sure the coaster just kind of limps into the station and barely needs brakes at the end of the ride

*I say this completely in jest, I'm a Bills fan and one of the people who always has hope for the season

They can just name the predator this. I feel jumping through a table is about as painful as the last few rows...

They can just name the predator this. I feel jumping through a table is about as painful as the last few rows...

It could work for Mind Eraser too, last week I swear I got my worst ride ever on it. It seems to be riding worse than ever this year in my experiences.

I think a flat ride package is more likely, it is sorely needed, even removing and replacing the flats one by one would be good. I am not sure if they would do a package unless 3-4 flats in the park became completely unusable at once. Right now they have only one known unusable flat which is pirate and we don't know what the plan for that is. The top spin sat for a couple years at least until they finally retired it totally. If sleighride is still running then its a running ride and we don't know the status of corn popper yet.

^ yea that’s the one bummer thing about the kiddie coaster. It’s specifically just for small children and no one else can partake in the fun. Which is a shame because I too am one to want all possible credits I can get