TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

First post here. My home Park is Six Flags Great America but I will be stopping through SFDL on Monday-Wednesday and staying in the hotel. I am having so much trouble finding out information about using my membership (Diamond Elite) benefits. Hoping someone can help answer a few questions.

1. I keep hearing that using the meal pass is difficult to use and cannot find a dining guide for the Park. Are the available options labeled on menu boards?

2. Does SFDL use the same refillable member cups or if they don't, will they honor my refillable member cup from SFGrAm?

3. Where do I go to redeem my Skip the Line Passes? How do they work at the ride queue?

4. Does SFDL let Guests redeem unused meal/snack credits for Game vouchers?

5. Is there Preferred Parking? If so, is it really worth it to make a reservation if I am staying on site?

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm excited to try out a different park!

This is the first year of them being a "Six Flags" park again. I'd be happy my membership even gets me in*, and not try to worry about all of the fringe benefits that you're accustomed to that this park had never done before.

*That is if I were ever theoretically excited about going to SFDL, which I would never, ever, ever be.

First post here. My home Park is Six Flags Great America but I will be stopping through SFDL on Monday-Wednesday and staying in the hotel. I am having so much trouble finding out information about using my membership (Diamond Elite) benefits. Hoping someone can help answer a few questions.

1. I keep hearing that using the meal pass is difficult to use and cannot find a dining guide for the Park. Are the available options labeled on menu boards?

2. Does SFDL use the same refillable member cups or if they don't, will they honor my refillable member cup from SFGrAm?

3. Where do I go to redeem my Skip the Line Passes? How do they work at the ride queue?

4. Does SFDL let Guests redeem unused meal/snack credits for Game vouchers?

5. Is there Preferred Parking? If so, is it really worth it to make a reservation if I am staying on site?

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm excited to try out a different park!

1. Meal pass is pretty simple. Just go up to the register and they’ll scan the pass, has been working nicely for me. All items eligible are labeled on the menus.

2. Same drink cups, so they’re totally honored.

3. I believe you redeem the skip passes at Member Services, which is right near Viper’s entrance. We don’t have designated lines for fast passes yet (except for Skyscreamer), so just walk up the exit of each ride.

4. Not sure about that one...

5. There is preferred parking for members, right near the entrance. Just pull up with your membership and show it to them.

Enjoy your time here at SFDL!

If you are staying at the hotel you can park in the hotel lot and walk to the park. No need to worry about driving to the main lot.

Pretty sure that game thing you are talking about is not an official perk.

You pick up your skip the lines next to the Viper at the membership building. I asked last time I was there and they said that's the only place you can pick them up.

If you are staying at the hotel you can park in the hotel lot and walk to the park. No need to worry about driving to the main lot.

Pretty sure that game thing you are talking about is not an official perk.

You pick up your skip the lines next to the Viper at the membership building. I asked last time I was there and they said that's the only place you can pick them up.

You can also pick them up at Member Services just outside of the main entrance if you’re not wanting to walk over to viper right away. They aren’t as well trained on it but they definitely have them.

Typically though being transparent I quite often find myself just going to the viper one because it’s usually MUCH less crowded.

This is the first year of them being a "Six Flags" park again. I'd be happy my membership even gets me in*, and not try to worry about all of the fringe benefits that you're accustomed to that this park had never done before.

*That is if I were ever theoretically excited about going to SFDL, which I would never, ever, ever be.

And this is helpful how?

I’ve said it here before at least a hundred times... if you don’t like the place, don’t go and leave it alone. It saves most everyone else who likes the place from having to defend it to someone who acts like they’re better than visiting. No one is making you, and if you and people with similar complaints don’t go, the lines will be shorter which I’m all for.

I would think they could replace Pirate with a newer model fairly easily. Nicely lit with LED's of course.

I am sure they could, but when was the last time you heard about a park putting in a new pirate ship ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strates shows just refurbished a Pirate ship ride for the show last year, it was at the Erie county fair. I think it was a Huss ship too. If this one was refurbished there must be a way to fix Darien's.

Though with its location over a dirty lake and the cost to refurbish it would probably be better to just take it out and replace it with something new, not another pirate ship.

A ride like Extreme Supernova at Great Escape could potentially work for the Pirate location considering how it is set up. That would be ideal if there's absolutely no way to fix Pirate. Also, a Chance Freestyle could be added to the Corn Popper location if they can't fix that ride either. Lastly, I'd just replace Sleighride with a Music Express considering how bad it looks now.

A ride like Extreme Supernova at Great Escape could potentially work for the Pirate location considering how it is set up. That would be ideal if there's absolutely no way to fix Pirate. Also, a Chance Freestyle could be added to the Corn Popper location if they can't fix that ride either. Lastly, I'd just replace Sleighride with a Music Express considering how bad it looks now.

I haven't been for awhile... what's wrong with Corn Popper, it looked like it was working alright last time I was there

^ Thanks I just wasn't sure based on the post above, it sounded like it was broken and I hadn't heard about that happening in the past month. Ideally we would have things improving, not breaking down, so I'm glad it's functioning fine.

Another quick question because my 3 year old wanted to ride it when I was there about a month ago; is the balloon chase ride still down? Last I saw it was in pieces in the parking lot by Moose on the Loose which I would assume means the ride is not coming back, but I figured I'd ask people who get up there more often than I do.

Alright, I just got back from a day at the park, and there are clear signs of under-staffing as soon as you get there. Only one lane open to scan into the parking lot. Then, they only had two workers at the front gate scanning tickets and passes. The line to enter the park was back past the little ticket booths out front. It was just ridiculous.

Rides closed today were Pirate (Wow, shocker), Corn Popper (likely staffing, as noted), Red Hawk (staffing), and Predator, which is closed yet again for more re-tracking. The whole large hill towards the back of it was totally stripped of its track with new wood being drilled into place.

Another thing I noticed was something strange with Ride of Steel. I'm not sure if the train had a flat wheel or something, but the whole way up the lift hill there was this loud and hard thumping sound. Maybe it's not anything but found it a bit odd.

Someone asked about the balloon ride. Still not assembled at all but listed on the sheet posted at the entrance of closed rides for the day, which leads me to believe it's just getting a refurb or waiting on a part.

Moto was finally back open, but the green lights aren't timed with the launch now. It goes red, green, then takes a good few seconds before it actually launches. But hey, at least it's working again.

Thanks for the trip report. Interesting that they are doing additional re-tracking in the middle of the season on Predator one would typically assume they would try to get all the retracking done at the start of the season, not in the middle of peak season. Six Flags I guess realized how rough and poorly received the ride has been recently.

Hopefully all is well with Ride of Steel and it's good to hear they have Motocoaster at least running again.

Who knows about the balloon ride, thank you for the update though, I'm not going to expect anything for it until next year (at the soonest) at this point.

Shipwreck Falls is.... foamy. New bridge is nice, composite decking and metal railings.

When I walked by it earlier today, I couldn’t help but stop and notice just how disgusting that water looks. I know it’s kinda brown every year but it seems to be even nastier than years past. Also I know there were comments about the splash on the bridge not being as big this year but trust me, it seems they’ve figured that issue out. People on the bridge got absolutely soaked today!

Another thing I forgot to mention today, near the RoS exit, against the old Fright Fest gate, they had a few high office managers or possibly Six Flags corporate people with a camera interviewing random guests on camera as they exited the ride. Not sure what for, didn’t bother asking and I wasn’t offered the opportunity. Found it quite interesting.

Thanks for the trip report. Interesting that they are doing additional re-tracking in the middle of the season on Predator one would typically assume they would try to get all the retracking done at the start of the season, not in the middle of peak season. Six Flags I guess realized how rough and poorly received the ride has been recently.

Hopefully all is well with Ride of Steel and it's good to hear they have Motocoaster at least running again.

Who knows about the balloon ride, thank you for the update though, I'm not going to expect anything for it until next year (at the soonest) at this point.

I thought Predator was running fantastic (albeit in the front row) on Memorial Day.

I thought Predator was running fantastic (albeit in the front row) on Memorial Day.

I rode it that day too, it was fast but rough as ever.

Notable is that its one of only 4 Dinn coasters still standing as originally constructed, which isnt surprising. Makes me wonder how long theyll last.

Heres the balloons

That looks like where I saw them earlier this summer.

I know it's a small thing, but like I said, my 3 year old daughter was a bit disappointed (although Moose on the Loose and Hoot & Holler did quickly ease her disappointment).

Another random question now that we're in the middle of the summer season for those who go more regularly. Moose on the Loose was missing some scenery earlier this year (the campsite) did they put it up yet? Are they even going to bother to this year?

Once again this is a question that really doesn't matter much but I was curious. I imagine they have to buy a few new tents every year or two just due to weather and wear.