TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Meanwhile - all I want is for the app to include the park so I can see my discounts and rewards and what not in a quick and easy fashion like the other parks. Currently I have “my park” set to Great Adventure to get the jist but it would be nice to not have to log into the mobile member services portal and re-log in every time I want to check on something.

908A83BF-9B8D-432A-BC83-674C648B17E0.thumb.png.401fe331f6abe2b162876f0dea2ffbb2.png

Meanwhile - all I want is for the app to include the park so I can see my discounts and rewards and what not in a quick and easy fashion like the other parks. Currently I have “my park” set to Great Adventure to get the jist but it would be nice to not have to log into the mobile member services portal and re-log in every time I want to check on something.

The website isn't done yet, which is probably needed for the app to work, so once it's finished (which it's coming together from the looks of it), it'll be on there a little after.

^ I’d assume Grizzly isn’t all that easy to edit into the photo the way thunder rapids is. Just be glad those rides are actually at the park (or used to be in the case of TR). Remember this is six flags now, most all their marketing is generic and used for every park.

The worst thing about the website, is something that is six flags wide. Why is it not super easy to find the season pass portal log in? I cannot find it anywhere but in the email's I get....

I believe it’s mypass.sixflags.com - that’s where I’ve been going. It’s a little out of the way to get to it currently but if you go to the season pass / membership section of the six flags site there is a link to it. Once you log on, you’ll be able to add passes, see discounts, reserve parking (if applicable) and all that good stuff. The mobile site isn’t great but it’s a start - and it finally works for Darien Lake!

This is riveting stuff...

Anyone have the list of bring a friend days? I cant seem to find it, nor can I remember if there are bring a friend anytime passes.

My home park is SF New England.....currently there is a bring a friend for $24.99 any day in June.....we’re gonna take advantage of that tomorrow to bring one of my daughters friends...good deal

I am a bit surprised ME is the first to get a second train, but it may be that Vekoma could ship it out faster than Intamin or Zamperla. OR, maybe they are getting prepared to somehow change ME next year.

Recall a few weeks ago I suggested they repaint and retheme it like SFNE did and build a S&S free spin on that path to create a "Gotham City" section of the park.

This could be a precursor to that larger move or just to getting second trains running on all coasters. Either way it could be an exciting year of developments

They probably just sent their old and busted Six Flags New England SLC trains to Darien Lake. I wouldn’t be shocked if they threw one of these turds on the ride but I think the more likely scenario is that they’re just there as parts donors.

They probably just sent their old and busted Six Flags New England SLC trains to Darien Lake. I wouldn’t be shocked if they threw one of these turds on the ride but I think the more likely scenario is that they’re just there as parts donors.

This is exactly what I thought it was. An old train from another park that they can just throw on the tracks and let it run. Like their way of saying “we heard you, here’s that second train you wanted so bad”.

I’d love for Mind Eraser to get the SFNE treatment but that won’t happen this year. If anything I’m glad they’re at least making an effort - even if it’s minimal - to get coasters running at a higher capacity

This is exactly what I thought it was. An old train from another park that they can just throw on the tracks and let it run. Like their way of saying “we heard you, here’s that second train you wanted so bad”.

I’d love for Mind Eraser to get the SFNE treatment but that won’t happen this year. If anything I’m glad they’re at least making an effort - even if it’s minimal - to get coasters running at a higher capacity

I zoomed in on the photo of the cars and I can tell it’s just an older SLC train. Still a fantastic thing to see if it means Six Flags is determined to get 2 trains back on at least one or two coasters.

I’m shocked though that it’s ME out of all coasters here. If anything Viper needs it the most. Viper’s long ride duration just makes the wait for one train insane sometimes.

As the mechanic of M.E I'll tell you that is the original second train out of storage in the process of being rehabed to go back on. As for viper they have 3 trains one is right below the station

Is ME or any other coaster getting a second train prepped for this season or is this rehab work for next season or later?

keep your eyes open for 2021 that's when the current trains life span ends

^ Aren’t those trains original to the coaster? I’m surprised they have a life span of 24 years... even RoS had its train upgraded in 2017 I believe and it’s two years newer than ME.

Out of the two Vekomas at the park I’d say the boomerang train has held up MUCH better than the Mind Eraser train. It seems to provide a much more comfortable experience, especially compared to other boomerangs I’ve been on. Mind Eraser however isn’t necessarily the same case.

If the second train is getting some SLC TLC, I wonder if that means we’ll have two Franken-trains or if that means train 1.5 is going to get ripped apart again too? Either way if it happens this season, I applaud everyone involved. Even if it happens next season, it’s just good to see some progress!

Hey all! I decided to go to Buffalo next week because Frontier had a ridiculously cheap flight there. I had two questions in regards to Darien Lake:

1. The Park is listed as being open from 10-5 on Monday and Waterpark from 12-5PM. Then they are closed for 3 days followed by daily operation through the summer. Does anyone have insight on why they are even open on Monday, and should I be suspicious or wary of giant school groups or something?

2. I have an active Six Flags over Georgia Gold Season pass. I cannot find any definitive information on the SF website...so does that pass get me into this park with free parking or not?

Thank you in advance!