TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

^ Oh you did, did ya?

Well, considering we can see Philly's skyline fairly easily from our tall rides at Great Adventure, and that's 52 miles to the southwest, I'm inclined to believe SFSL's claim, considering the arch is only 34 miles away from the park.

Darien Lake on the other hand is three hundred and sixty f*cking miles from Manhattan. Clearly a typo, but a hilarious one at that.

I can't recall off hand, but you can see a long way. SFStL is up in the hills, and the Skyscreamer is at the highest part of the park. The Arch is right next to the river, so it's not only pretty close to the park, it's also well below it too.

I know that sleigh-ride was getting rebulbed last time I knew that's why it looks so bare

Assuming by last time you're referring to last weekend? We know the big ole tarp blew off last year a week before the season began and then it has remained in that state ever since. Something tells me re-bulbing the attraction isn't the only reason they haven't acquired a new soft roof for the structure...

The roof is sitting next to the ride right now. Behind the bar building next to it.

Also with tons of asking around a POV watching I've concluded Gateway Arch is not visible from Skyscreamer as there is a massive hill in the way (Pretty funny if you ask me) but knowing Six Flags with their whole "combined speed thing" they're talking about a small part if Buffalo called Manhatten or something.

I know that sleigh-ride was getting rebulbed last time I knew that's why it looks so bare

Assuming by last time you're referring to last weekend? We know the big ole tarp blew off last year a week before the season began and then it has remained in that state ever since. Something tells me re-bulbing the attraction isn't the only reason they haven't acquired a new soft roof for the structure...

The tarp actually blew off the night before opening day. But there has been opening days in the past where they didnt have it on and put it on later.

The roof is sitting next to the ride right now. Behind the bar building next to it.

Also with tons of asking around a POV watching I've concluded Gateway Arch is not visible from Skyscreamer as there is a massive hill in the way (Pretty funny if you ask me) but knowing Six Flags with their whole "combined speed thing" they're talking about a small part if Buffalo called Manhatten or something.

That is definitely not a thing - but I appreciate your creativity.

^ Oh you did, did ya?

Well, considering we can see Philly's skyline fairly easily from our tall rides at Great Adventure, and that's 52 miles to the southwest, I'm inclined to believe SFSL's claim, considering the arch is only 34 miles away from the park.

Darien Lake on the other hand is three hundred and sixty f*cking miles from Manhattan. Clearly a typo, but a hilarious one at that.

Chicago’s skyline can be seen from the tall rides at Great America also when it’s a clear day and that’s 45 miles or so away. But yeah you got love that typo it’s so Six Flags.

Well since we're reporting on the crucial things such as new painted lines in the parking lot, I have spotted two different digital billboard ads for SFDL.... one featuring skyscreamer and one just the park in general... while driving on the 33. Take that, parking lot lines!

Friday Trip report

Blast off still not in operation or installed

Mind eraser closed

Predator closed

Pirate closed

Big wheel closed

Rolling thunder closed

Slow lines and slow food service

May Friday's more than likely is staffing shortages

Every coaster with the exception of Predator should be open this weekend. Today’s issues were staffing shortages. Still no music in the park which is very weird and you don’t realize how quiet it can be. Blast off had spools of what looked like new cables, so it’s possible they’re replacing one or all of the cables on the ride.

Every coaster with the exception of Predator should be open this weekend. Today’s issues were staffing shortages. Still no music in the park which is very weird and you don’t realize how quiet it can be. Blast off had spools of what looked like new cables, so it’s possible they’re replacing one or all of the cables on the ride.

Does anybody know what’s up with the lack of music in the park this year? All the speakers are still there, just Six Flags doesn’t seem to want to use them, which doesn’t seem like something they’d do. Maybe a new speaker system is coming soon??