TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Speaking of the website, did anyone else notice that Tantrum was never put on the website for some reason? A bit strange that their newest coaster wouldn’t be a priority to advertise about on the site.

At Great Adventure Saturday when we went out to the lot "to eat lunch" they were giving out free Takis at the exit and somehow I got handed like a 5 little bags of them. I don't like Takis, but I still ate them all. They're like spicy rolled up stale Doritos.

Thank you for convincing me never to eat Takis.

Yesterday was the first time that I'd ever seen the word Takis when a Six Flags park was not being referenced... I still don't know what they are, nor do I have any real interest in finding out

:lol: I've been avoiding the website discussion since it's hilariously unimportant and uninteresting but you're kind of in my wheelhouse now so I'll drop some knowledge.

If someone is holding the domain name hostage then why is it pointing to NS27.DOMAINCONTROL.COM and NS28.DOMAINCONTROL.COM (standard private GoDaddy servers) and why is GoDaddy the registrar? It's not like this is some B.S. Wix operation where they hold everything hostage. The park registered a domain with GoDaddy for like 12 bucks and bought a cheap GoDaddy hosting plan. You can run a whois in less time than it took you to make that ridiculous post.

They could point the domain name wherever they want. The conspiracy theory that someone is holding their domain name hostage is hilarious. Just stop.

They'll move the website when they finish building it (or while they're still in the middle of building it while absolutely nothing works because it's Six Flags and it's kind of their thing). They're clearly already working on the Six Flags CMS for new pages. It's most likely not a priority because it's not important...

... at all.

The design of the website will not impact your enjoyment of the park.

Anyway, *ckout>

Just because the registrar is GoDaddy and it's pointing at GoDaddy nameservers doesn't mean that they have control of the GoDaddy account that holds it.

While you are more than likely correct (and by that I mean probably like 99.75% correct), there is a chance that if someone else holds the GoDaddy, there wouldn't be much they could do as GoDaddy is complete garbage in assisting with account related access stuff. We've had a lot of nightmare scenarios with my clients that a developer took access of an account or became the owner (through transfer or the like) and GoDaddy pretty much said "oh well, nothing we can do."

Since the nameservers are set to GoDaddy the only way to do anything with the domain would be through the owner (or delegate) account.

Just because the registrar is GoDaddy and it's pointing at GoDaddy nameservers doesn't mean that they have control of the GoDaddy account that holds it.

While you are more than likely correct (and by that I mean probably like 99.75% correct), there is a chance that if someone else holds the GoDaddy, there wouldn't be much they could do as GoDaddy is complete garbage in assisting with account related access stuff.

This is true but to believe that they don't own it means that you would have to believe that a major theme park has a web design company that's small enough that they don't even have their own servers and use GoDaddy but that same company put together an ironclad contract that a multinational billion dollar company can't get out of where they don't even own their own domain name and they refuse to let them have it or even redirect it for any reasonable amount of money (but they're willing to link to the Six Flags CMS for the Sky Screamer page).

We both know that's not what happened (obviously since you clearly stated that, this is more directed at the crazy conspiracy people). Every reasonable person knows that's not what happened. I secretly want it to be true because it's hilarious but we all know that it isn't.

Darien Lake owns it, they're hosting it on GoDaddy because they're cheap and Six Flags didn't get around to it yet because their web team is... well... the Six Flags web team.

Speaking of the website, did anyone else notice that Tantrum was never put on the website for some reason? A bit strange that their newest coaster wouldn’t be a priority to advertise about on the site.

No, because Tantrum had its own page similar to what SkyScreamer has now. Since the website will probably be switched over sometime in May, they probably aren't going to bother editing the current site much more. Twister is still listed as a ride too. The only thing they currently care about, is keeping the season pass page up to date, because that is the only thing that generates money right now.

Just a random update. Darien Lake's Twitter account DM'd me this in what I believe is a response to a comment I made on a post they made a week ago:

"The first bring a friend free will be available on May 10, 11 or 12. The portal updates should be completed by May."

As for the portal, has anyone else that has gotten the all season dining noticed that it isn’t mentioned on the portal? It says that I have the drink bottle for the plan but not mentioned the plan itself anywhere in my offers.

FF6364A6-36A4-4E38-9EFB-EF9211C9C023.thumb.jpeg.956e3505adaddadc3e04042ad7568971.jpeg

Drink bottle for dining plan but no dining plan listed......interesting

As for the portal, has anyone else that has gotten the all season dining noticed that it isn’t mentioned on the portal? It says that I have the drink bottle for the plan but not mentioned the plan itself anywhere in my offers.

I have Diamond Elite and I don't see any of those yellow food discount deals there. What kind of pass did you have? I see the start dare in September 2018. When did you get your pass or see those show up?

c61dca62d83b06863b654b119c8a466b.jpg

Got this pic from Reddit. I’ll leave it up to your imagination as to what they’re doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously updating the logo on the front sign. Seems like they will repurpose the old structure of the sign and put the new logo on it, or at least it seems safe to assume that from that photo.

More from the same guy who posted that photo onto Reddit : "Nope, nothing crazy at least. The parking sign outside the front gate has been updates to feature the Sky Screamer as well as the Six Flags font. Didn’t notice anything besides that. Kinda a bummer; I was kinda hoping Ride of Steel would get a paint job and converted back to Superman; the thing is literally pink at this point."

Edit : This guy's grammar is horrible.

Source :

FWIW I took a mini trip over toward the park (I was heading that direction anyway so why not) and took a couple pictures of the few things they’ve changed. Since the guy from Reddit visited they have installed an LED sign and it’s functioning which is nice. They have taken the signage off of the parking toll and it looks like the hotel and campground is getting new signage as well. 18 days until opening - so close yet so far!

E35DA9E6-9528-49D6-BE73-C3070A69DC1A.thumb.jpeg.7fa9e93987cec46f7eec7a3eed17defe.jpeg

E8434523-8A3A-4005-84AA-D0838CF83A39.thumb.jpeg.f3c5780d0b0ea5e6879947b7924b1769.jpeg

27E9F675-3271-4EE0-86F0-50FBB25F8F6A.thumb.jpeg.c432853039d2cc82e756fffd09aeea89.jpeg

Edited by SbSteveZ

I just have one question was the current roadside sign install when Six Flags first owned Darien Lake?

Yes, it was. Found this very low quality photo off Google....

Paint and the finishes were a bit different back then, but that sign goes wayyy back it appears.

76265F45-A299-4FFA-B786-908EB257239F.jpeg.6ddf9c2a84b97c00e687f880831f7f81.jpeg

I’m just glad that since they aren’t getting a new sign, that they are at least re-doing the existing one. That thing has looked like crap for these past few years now.

Pretty much almost everything in the park has looked like crap for the past few years now most notably, "Superman" Ride of Steel, Viper's station, and I think some of the kiddie rides in the "Seaport" area.

I’m just glad that since they aren’t getting a new sign, that they are at least re-doing the existing one. That thing has looked like crap for these past few years now.

Pretty much almost everything in the park has looked like crap for the past few years now most notably, "Superman" Ride of Steel, Viper's station, and I think some of the kiddie rides in the "Seaport" area.

Don’t forget about Mind Eraser’s half paint job

So apparently they're going to build the SkyScreamer and have it open in time for a Passholder event on the 4th? very interesting news indeed...

They haven’t started constructing it and they only have just over 2 weeks.....wow that thing must really be able to be built quickly!!