TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

They have added a tab under “attractions” for SkyScreamer, yet they forgot to take off Twister. Obviously they recently updeted the website yet they kept a ride that no longer exists on there. Wow

168A94CA-D838-4022-9EB2-0848C5E2DD3C.thumb.jpeg.a4df78dd0bc9006f0040f9dda1f2279e.jpeg

ED9BF3E5-F592-49F8-958E-2D4934B493C9.thumb.jpeg.e20a24bcbf3ea38f3a8fed38475ec90f.jpeg

They have added a tab under “attractions” for SkyScreamer, yet they forgot to take off Twister. Obviously they recently updeted the website yet they kept a ride that no longer exists on there. Wow

That probably dates to when they announced it or shortly after.

:nina:
They have added a tab under “attractions” for SkyScreamer' date=' yet they forgot to take off Twister. Obviously they recently updeted the website yet they kept a ride that no longer exists on there. Wow [/quote']

That probably dates to when they announced it or shortly after.

Surprisingly, the drop down tab was still advertising Tantrum as the new for 2018 ride up until a few weeks ago! I am sure they will update the website even more within the following month. The first and last time I visited was in August 2017, so I look forward to checking out the rides that were added since then. I cannot wait to process my Six Flags pass at Darien Lake this May!

I can confirm that at least they recently updated the snapchat geofilter for the park to the new Six Flags branding finally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can confirm that at least they recently updated the snapchat geofilter for the park to the new Six Flags branding finally.

Speaking of Snapchat, what ever happened to Darien Lake’s Snapchat account? Did it just sort of die off?

I Love blizzard, i never ride it though because of the long line

Luckily it was not long when I had visited due to a passing storm. It would be great to see more parks make them enclosed. Maybe Darien Lake could do that with their Scrambler?

This will never happen because around the year 2002 there was a big accident with an enclosed scrambler at seabreeze park, I think one of the employees of the park died. Yes the employee was stupid but there are risks to an enclosed scrambler. I am surprised there is an enclosed scrambler anywhere in the state of NY left.

I Love blizzard, i never ride it though because of the long line

Luckily it was not long when I had visited due to a passing storm. It would be great to see more parks make them enclosed. Maybe Darien Lake could do that with their Scrambler?

This will never happen because around the year 2002 there was a big accident with an enclosed scrambler at seabreeze park, I think one of the employees of the park died. Yes the employee was stupid but there are risks to an enclosed scrambler. I am surprised there is an enclosed scrambler anywhere in the state of NY left.

I would not say never, as the Gyrosphere at Seabreeze continued to operate until the end of the 2007 season, despite the supposed incident that happened at Seabreeze back in 2002. I think the removal of the Gyrosphere was more due to the aging and decreasing popularity of the ride. No ride lasts forever.

^ probably because they have it, and it gets the point across. Tons of marketing the park has done since 2010 has been from that time frame. They use it in the park, on TV, and I’m sure a park map or two also had a green viper in it. It’s no big deal.

During the social media age, they only had a good team running it in 2010 and 2011. That was back when the park did a major water park expansion. Other than that, they do very little from November-April. People have previously mentioned Skyscreamer will only take a couple of weeks to build. As well as previous parks who had this ride, didn't have it built until June. We really need to lower our expectations of what the park will do for their fans in the offseason. People were already getting desperate for the website to switch over only a couple weeks after the 2018 season ended.

During the social media age, they only had a good team running it in 2010 and 2011. That was back when the park did a major water park expansion. Other than that, they do very little from November-April. People have previously mentioned Skyscreamer will only take a couple of weeks to build. As well as previous parks who had this ride, didn't have it built until June. We really need to lower our expectations of what the park will do for their fans in the offseason. People were already getting desperate for the website to switch over only a couple weeks after the 2018 season ended.

This is where my question comes in: Why didn’t they start building it yet? If they did, it could be ready to roll by opening weekend. The weather is nice enough to do so now, so just why not?

This is where my question comes in: Why didn’t they start building it yet? If they did, it could be ready to roll by opening weekend. The weather is nice enough to do so now, so just why not?

Six Flags doesn't seem to care about having rides open by opening weekend. Their "goal" seems to be around Memorial Day. Any construction they would have done now would be more of preparation for the new ride like concrete and electrical work (if they have anything done), not very exciting stuff for anyone except for enthusiasts or crazy people.

I have no proof, but I'd imagine Six Flags (as a whole corporation) does this because you get people in the gate for opening because everyone is excited about parks opening back up for the season, then bring people back a little later for the new ride.

Yes, they have started construction. No tower parts yet, but they’ve started putting the base of the ride in.