TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

I know of at least two places where Darien Lake can move Sleigh Ride, Either the old Nightmare at Phantom Cave/Galaxy Theater building or that building next to Shipwreck Falls where a certain defunct water complex was.

And why exactly would they do that?

I know of at least two places where Darien Lake can move Sleigh Ride, Either the old Nightmare at Phantom Cave/Galaxy Theater building or that building next to Shipwreck Falls where a certain defunct water complex was.

And why exactly would they do that?

The building I was talking about next to Shipwreck Falls is the one where a certain defunct water complex was. It's currently being used as a locker house. The lockers can be moved elswhere in the park and they expand the old Barracuda Bay entrance building to accommodate Sleigh Ride and its que line.

The building I was talking about next to Shipwreck Falls is the one where a certain defunct water complex was. It's currently being used as a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo house. The fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo can be moved elswhere in the park and they expand the old Barracuda Bay entrance building to accommodate Sleigh Ride and its que line.

This thread seriously never disappoints lmao, on a real note why would they even consider moving that?? literally no reason at all, I rather see them remove it than waste all that time and effort trying to make it fit in a locker room lol.

So, now there's a couple more details out about signage, for anyone who cares about the signage.

The entrance will include a "digital pylon" along with the updated entrance gate / logo. Also, apparently much of the entrance work will be "extensive". Whether or not that means a completely new building or just a new logo and paint, I don't know.

The current entrance in my opinion already looks really nice, but I wouldn’t be opposed to a big update if they feel it necessary.

I like how the current entrance aesthetic kind of matches that of the “outdoor log cabin” feel that they were originally going for, but then also having that new color pallet helps give it that unique flare that one typically wouldn’t expect from DL.

Couldn't resist...

Calling it now:

2020: Giant Frisbee + Waterslide

2021: Justice League

2022: S&S Free Spin

I think this may be pretty close to accurate. The only thing that could change this would be RMC of Predator.

And BTW, the digital pylon sign is the sign out by the road. I doubt the actual main gate area will change much other than the six flagpoles being used properly again

Couldn't resist...

Calling it now:

I’m thinking 2020 will be Superman/WB Ip’s, I know I’m going to DL for the first time just because my SFNE pass works there. I think there’s going to be an attendance leap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't resist...

Calling it now:

I’m thinking 2020 will be Superman/WB Ip’s, I know I’m going to DL for the first time just because my SFNE pass works there. I think there’s going to be an attendance leap.

I agree that 2020 should bring back DC and WB It's but I would think to celebrate that they will add a ride and theme it to one of the characters.

Personally I see a giant frisbee type ride next to ROS drop themed to one of the characters like Lex Luthor, Harley Quinn or the Joker

Couldn't resist...

Calling it now:

I agree that 2020 should bring back DC and WB It's but I would think to celebrate that they will add a ride and theme it to one of the characters.

Personally I see a giant frisbee type ride next to ROS drop themed to one of the characters like Lex Luthor, Harley Quinn or the Joker

I would much rather see an S&S Freespin be added. Is the frisbee ride more likely?

^ This is your home park right? You have watched what they have done over the last 19 years? They have added 2 Roller coasters with about 10 years in between. I will always say a flat ride or water slide is more likely then a new roller coaster.

Any idea when the website will become an acutal Six Flags site with relevant information for 2019?

No idea because Frontier City opens on Saturday, same Website Hurricane Harbor Phoenix opened weeks ago, same website, The Six Flags Web team is really slacking