TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

This thread is quickly becoming my favorite. Breakout the popcorn. Make it a drinking game every time someone says cuda falls

I know someone in the SFA thread said Six Flags was turning whistle stop park into Fortnite Land! Can’t wait to see this new licensing deal! :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, as far as on topic goes, how about that sky screamer?

Thank god someone finally mentioned the awesome new ride that the park is getting instead of speculating about whether or not the park will change the name of a few kiddy rides in a few years.

SO do you think DL will get Warner Bros IP’s back?

From what I've heard no plans for characters or bigger area or ride theming. Might see some merchandise. Otherwise the numbers aren't high enough to justify the licensing costs. So BBB/Rocky's Ridge will likely stick around in name.

Also since people apparently love signage news the Hotel's sign is down at present for replacement.

From what I've heard no plans for characters or bigger area or ride theming. Might see some merchandise. Otherwise the numbers aren't high enough to justify the licensing costs. So BBB/Rocky's Ridge will likely stick around in name.

Also since people apparently love signage news the Hotel's sign is down at present for replacement.

Where did you hear about the lack of IPs? Do you work there or something? How do you know this is not just some sort of rumor?

Where did you hear about the lack of IPs? Do you work there or something? How do you know this is not just some sort of rumor?

Hes had info in the past, so more then likely hes right

Agreed, he has had very credible info in all his posts.

Kinda hoping he is wrong since I wanted to see a Batman themed ride eventually come to the park. However, if he has a history of being right, then oh well.

Kinda hoping he is wrong since I wanted to see a Batman themed ride eventually come to the park. However, if he has a history of being right, then oh well.

Well, a batman themed ride did come to the park, but it has since been scrapped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, I remember someone suggesting on this forum earlier that more details may be released next month. Was that just a rumor or is this true? If so, does anyone know a date?

It may have been me. I just dont expect much out of Darien Lake's PR department between November and March. I feel they announce shows and any small changes in the weeks leading up to the new season. Gives them a reason to generate "buzz" before the season starts.

I think he means next year only. Once attendance numbers hit what SF wants, we will see the Warner Brothers and DC stuff happen. My guess is that SF pays a hefty penny for those licenses and they have to be guaranteed they get their money back.

The good news for us is that the name change should help drive attendance, but thrill rides and more coasters will also help to drive attendance

The good news for us is that the name change should help drive attendance, but thrill rides and more coasters will also help to drive attendance

Speaking of coasters potentially driving attendance, news was dropped today that Green Lantern was removed from Six Flags Magic Mountain. How likely is it that the roller coaster is relocated? Also, how likely is it that Six Flags Darien Lake will receive it once it is relocated? Or is it more likely that Six Flags America or Six Flags St. Louis will receive it?

Speaking of coasters potentially driving attendance, news was dropped today that Green Lantern was removed from Six Flags Magic Mountain. How likely is it that the roller coaster is relocated? Also, how likely is it that Six Flags Darien Lake will receive it once it is relocated? Or is it more likely that Six Flags America or Six Flags St. Louis will receive it?

Green Lantern is most likely going to be scrapped. You guys have a better chance at getting an S&S Free Spin.

Nobody should want that ride, it has been a nightmare ever since it opened, the S&S free spins are a better successor to the Zac Spin models any day.

[Deleted]

Nobody should want that ride, it has been a nightmare ever since it opened, the S&S free spins are a better successor to the Zac Spin models any day.

Maybe it is better then that the Freespin is more likely? I have ridden neither models, so to be honest, I have no idea what either are really like. Are Zacspins really that horrible?

Maybe it is better then that the Freespin is more likely? I have ridden neither models, so to be honest, I have no idea what either are really like. Are Zacspins really that horrible?

I've heard from people you can get whiplash and headaches, S&S's larger layout looks like it can help that. The Joker at SFNE is great so I hope DL gets a Freespin