TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

^^ Those dispatch timing videos were cringey enough when Coaster Studios did it, its even more terrible with copycat channels doing it too. Enthusiasts are straight up creeps.

Like... I'm gonna go to your job and videotape you and then make a youtube video talking about how slow you are at it. GTFOH with that sh*t.

The girls at 3:40 are clearly aware that some creepy dude (because let's be real, it's a dude) is filming them for no apparent reason and they keep trying to look the other way and then one of them quickly glances over, sees that it's still happening tells her friend and then uncomfortably checks again later.

Honestly I'm surprised that they didn't report it to someone. What the f*ck is wrong with people?

The girls at 3:40 are clearly aware that some creepy dude (because let's be real, it's a dude) is filming them for no apparent reason and they keep trying to look the other way and then one of them quickly glances over, sees that it's still happening tells her friend and then uncomfortably checks again later.

Honestly I'm surprised that they didn't report it to someone. What the f*ck is wrong with people?

Yeah, that was strange of him. He didn't even appear to try to hide the fact the he was recording either.

Yeah, I get that he's filming the last row so he can get the exact time, but you gotta read body language. Maybe film the ride ops instead of the guests? Maybe have a better idea for a coaster video? This whole thing was creepy. I kinda feel creepy for having watched it.

I found this picture on Reddit, taken at six flags over Georgia. I thought everyone here would appreciate this.

Slap a new Six Flags Darien lake logo on there and we're all set for the 2019 season.

e9fbdd6d3fae59eb7fa3452cac37babc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, though I feel like that sign is more likely, I’d love to see this one instead:

F37CDA7F-6988-4769-BB2A-69C9205C3823.thumb.jpeg.3d0e731947e1b3a1925a37bec144b429.jpeg

To start, that sign is rather funny. I wouldn't be surprised if a similar sign appears this year at SFDL at all.

Also, while I know this is a bit trivial, I thought it was funny so I'll point it out anyways. Anyone notice that the satellite image for SFDL on Google Maps is still outdated? It still shows Thunder Rapids instead of Tantrum like its 2016. lol

Thunder Rapids was there through fall 2017 anyway....

To start, that sign is rather funny. I wouldn't be surprised if a similar sign appears this year at SFDL at all.

Also, while I know this is a bit trivial, I thought it was funny so I'll point it out anyways. Anyone notice that the satellite image for SFDL on Google Maps is still outdated? It still shows Thunder Rapids instead of Tantrum like its 2016. lol

The google maps satelite photo of my house is probably 3 years old. I dont think they update that frequently. Cedar point still shows steel vengence under construction.

The google maps satelite photo of my house is probably 3 years old. I dont think they update that frequently. Cedar point still shows steel vengence under construction.

Google maps still shows my house as a dirt lot. I’ve been living here for 7 years. Yeah, they don’t update it much.

I know this is sort of a weird thing to point out. However, I am a little curious about whether or not there is a correlation of some sort. Anyone else notice how the Mind Eraser logo looks a lot like the logo for The Mask (1994 movie)? Did Premier Parks at the time try to capitalize on it 3 years later or something? Or is this some sort of odd coincidence? What are your thoughts on this?

darien_lake_060__medium__113.jpg.96aec72786b78903022ad69468589f07.jpg

195887905_MaskImage.png.2287ddce3695c8f003a0dfb65f96d9b6.png

I know this is sort of a weird thing to point out. However, I am a little curious about whether or not there is a correlation of some sort. Anyone else notice how the Mind Eraser logo looks a lot like the logo for The Mask (1994 movie)? Did Premier Parks at the time try to capitalize on it 3 years later or something? Or is this some sort of odd coincidence? What are your thoughts on this?

Back in the 90s you saw this stuff all over the place, where restaurants/theme parks/bars would try to capitalize off of the style of a current movie or hit music.

You don't see too much of it nowadays, but yes, Six Flags was obviously trying to piggyback off of The Mask's font.

Back in the 90s you saw this stuff all over the place, where restaurants/theme parks/bars would try to capitalize off of the style of a current movie or hit music.

You don't see too much of it nowadays, but yes, Six Flags was obviously trying to piggyback off of The Mask's font.

The coaster wasnt built by Six Flags. Probably just a coincidence especially since the movie was 3 years old at the time and not a popular movie in the first place.

Edited by Haymaker

It was actually, it was built by Premier Parks which after their purchase of Six Flags from Time Warner it changed its name to Six Flags Inc.

Mind Eraser was built in 1997. Premier bought Six Flags in 1998.

It was actually, it was built by Premier Parks which after their purchase of Six Flags from Time Warner it changed its name to Six Flags Inc.

It’s still the same company

From Wikipedia:

"In 1998, Premier purchased Six Flags Theme Parks, and began to rebrand its own parks as Six Flags."

Yes, it was still the same company, however, there was no affiliation between Six Flags and premier before Six Flags was acquired by premier. Six flags did not build the mind eraser.

From Wikipedia:

"In 1998, Premier purchased Six Flags Theme Parks, and began to rebrand its own parks as Six Flags."

Yes, it was still the same company, however, there was no affiliation between Six Flags and premier before Six Flags was acquired by premier. Six flags did not build the mind eraser.

Actually... 1997 Premier Parks is 2019 Six Flags... theoretically... so in a sense, “1997 Six Flags” does not exist anymore. So by saying Premier Parks built Mind Eraser in 1997, you can say that Six Flags built it. Modern day Six Flags is more “1997 Premier Parks” than it is “1997 Six Flags”.

So yes, Six Flags built Mind Eraser, just as Premier Parks and then basically changed their name.

Well the last 3 pages of posts have been quite informative. We discussed how Google Maps really works, and whether or not "The Mask" should have a roller coaster named after it. Now the real question. Was Motocoaster built in honor of the 2007 Box Office smash hit, Andy Sandberg's "Hot Rod"?