TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

^ They're going to make the name change, Usually Six Flags doesn't update any major stuff on their site until after holiday in the park. Don't expect anything until February to March

Ugh, probably gonna say the same for them adding Darien Lake to the Six Flags app. I messaged them and they said soon, but how long really is "soon?"

Interestingly, it looks like the Six Flags Darien Lake website is still redirecting to the regular Darien Lake website - and on the Six Flags homepage, Darien Lake still doesn't appear on the "choose your park" menu at all. I wonder when they are going to fully make that switch.

Also, worth noting, they did announce that Darien Lake would be rebranded to SFDL once again, but there has been no sign of that at all. I believe they are currently still officially referred to as "Darien Lake: A Six Flags Theme Park"

This makes me wonder if we won't see that official change until the beginning of next season, or if they may just stick with their current title for a while longer

In all likelihood SF Corporate will wait until January 7th - the first official day of the 2019 season - to make the branding switch . There's probably a contractural agreement at the corporate level somewhere that prevents the changeover from occurring during the 2018 season (even though the park itself is closed for the year).

I'd like somebody to explain to me what exactly are the benefits to us, if they change the name in November vs. April. I can't think of anything.

There aren't any. Some people are just obsessed over minutiae.

I've been constantly downloading the Six Flags app hoping Darien Lake is on it, but it just presets me to TGE.

Man, you really need to take up basket weaving or something. That sounds like a terrible way to spend the offseason.

We just want Darien connected to the other parks in websites and apps, but they haven't switched.

I get wanting Darien lake to be added to the app. But why keep posting saying "They haven't done it yet....." The park has only been closed for 22 days, and we have almost 2 full pages discussing that the name hasn't changed.

We just want Darien connected to the other parks in websites and apps, but they haven't switched.

I get wanting Darien lake to be added to the app. But why keep posting saying "They haven't done it yet....." The park has only been closed for 22 days, and we have almost 2 full pages discussing that the name hasn't changed.

1068734187_Hes_right_you_know.jpg.6ccf4145694a09497bc2f39ea855c43a.jpg

Update y'all, for a while you couldn't redeem your points if you bought a membership at Darien Lake, now there's a button to redeem them, of course since the park isn't open there's no rewards to redeem haha.

THAT and the cyber sale is super good at the moment, if you buy a gold membership you get a free upgrade to platinum, AND diamond (and diamond elite) memberships are discounted.

In other news, if you're a current membership holder at Darien, the member services "upgrade pass" button still shows an error.

^ more or less that was exactly why I brought up the park not being on the six flags site yet. I have been wanting to upgrade my pass but I have yet to because the site doesn’t cooperate. Since we’re in that weird limbo stage right now, I kind of have to deal with it but it would’ve been nice if I could have gotten some deal that other six flags pass holders are offered for the holiday. Waiting until January or February for it means we miss out on Black Friday, Cyber Monday and likely also Christmas offers. Which next to the flash sale I’d assume offer the best discounts for upgrading passes.

Yes. It’s the off season. Yes people want to talk about park things. But. It would be nice to have a working season pass site in the meantime

^ That also leads to a question, if I WERE to buy this deal for Darien Lake, but it's closed, so I wanna go to another park for let's say HITP, could I do it there once I buy it?

Probably not. You have to go to your "home park" that you purchased your membership or season pass and get the card before you can visit another park. They aren't able to process it at those other parks. What you might be able to do is buy it, then go to the admin building on 77 and get your cards so you can then visit another park.

There's been talk that Live Nation is in talks with Darien about potential upgrades to the performing arts center for 2020. Over the past few years some tours have been skipping Darien in favor of CMAC in Rochester and Lakeview in Syracuse.

Some of the rumored upgrades that have were mentioned at the Town of Darien Planning Board meeting included:

- Full renovation of backstage and green room areas.

- Increasing venue capacity from 24K to 28K with additional lawn seating.

- Renovated entrance plaza at the non-park entrance.

- Removing the "tent" structure and replacing with a permanent roof cover.

- New exits/traffic pattern to eliminate post-concert traffic.

Also, they mentioned a couple of the acts playing the venue this year. The 1975, Kiss, Dave Matthews Band, Nine Inch Nails, Foo Fighters, Journey, and Luke Bryan were all mentioned to play this year.

It'll be interesting to see if Six Flags continues to offer free park admission with each concert ticket this year.

Being that the PAC is a separate entity I’d be surprised if that was the only addition in 2020.

Not everyone that’s been to the park has gone to concerts there as well. Most go for just one or just the other. I’m one of the “just the theme park” people, and I have a bunch of “just concerts” friends as well.

My other thought is that Six Flags refers to itself as the “thrill capital” not the “entertainment venue capital”. If this renovation is funded more via Live Nation and not Six Flags then odds are the park would still get an addition on top of the renovation.

You just got a coaster this year and you're getting a great addition next season. While not as unlikely as most of the things that are suggested in this thread I feel like Darien Lake's additions will generally trend a bit smaller based on what we see elsewhere in the chain at parks with similar markets.

It could happen but I think that's probably setting yourself up for disappointment.