TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

I was able to add them on the SF web portal although it is not yet showing any of the benefits. Physical tickets were given for the two bring a friend days.

Exact same thing for me, neither the app or the webpage show benefits at the moment

^ & ^^ You guys need to stop it right now. You know that there is absolutely no place for rational discussion in this thread.

Mods??? Take them to the Galaxy Theater, lock them in and throw away the key until the second coming of Cuda Falls and Darien Lake has 2 train operation on all coasters!!!

^ & ^^ You guys need to stop it right now. You know that there is absolutely no place for rational discussion in this thread.

I'm sorry, your right, forgive me as I've only been on the forums for a year or so now. Still learning. I promise to proceed with ridiculous predictions that will never happen in my entire life, expectations of DL becoming the "new" Cedar Point and totally over the top exaggerations of what is currently happening in the park at the moment. To start, I predict the Galaxy Theater will be torn down and replaced with a Intamin triple launch dark ride running through the pavillions, under ROS, through the waterpark and reaching 80 MPH. This will be done as Six Flags plans to directly compete will Cedar Fair in their own territory. (better I hope?). Oh yeah, Cuda Falls is being replaced with a Aquacoaster in 2020.

I'm sorry, your right, forgive me as I've only been on the forums for a year or so now. Still learning. I promise to proceed with ridiculous predictions that will never happen in my entire life, expectations of DL becoming the "new" Cedar Point and totally over the top exaggerations of what is currently happening in the park at the moment. To start, I predict the Galaxy Theater will be torn down and replaced with a Intamin triple launch dark ride running through the pavillions, under ROS, through the waterpark and reaching 80 MPH. This will be done as Six Flags plans to directly compete will Cedar Fair in their own territory. (better I hope?). Oh yeah, Cuda Falls is being replaced with a Aquacoaster in 2020.

Don’t forget about B:TE being rebuilt!

The Go Karts at Frontier City also closed this season? They boarded them up and fenced them off. The new kids area they advertised is not going in the area. So curious why Six Flags is closing their Go Karts. You have think the ones at Discovery Kingdom closed and will be the new home of the Batman The Free Fly coaster.

The Go Karts at Frontier City also closed this season? They boarded them up and fenced them off. The new kids area they advertised is not going in the area. So curious why Six Flags is closing their Go Karts. You have think the ones at Discovery Kingdom closed and will be the new home of the Batman The Free Fly coaster.

It makes some sense to me. There are never lines to do the Go Karts anymore, and there are never full races. People simply don’t want to pay a large sum of cash to ride Go Karts when they already paid a large sum of cash to get in and ride all the already included rides. Also, that is a really large plot of nice flat land with possible expansion space behind it as well if you were to close a campsite loop or two. A considerable addition or multiple smaller attractions could fit well into that space that is really not earning enough profit anymore. It was time for the Go-Karts to go.

It makes some sense to me. There are never lines to do the Go Karts anymore, and there are never full races. People simply don’t want to pay a large sum of cash to ride Go Karts when they already paid a large sum of cash to get in and ride all the already included rides. Also, that is a really large plot of nice flat land with possible expansion space behind it as well if you were to close a campsite loop or two. A considerable addition or multiple smaller attractions could fit well into that space that is really not earning enough profit anymore. It was time for the Go-Karts to go.

This is one thing I totally agree with! The gokarts needed to go. They also require gasoline and lots of staff members to run plus extensive maintenance given how old they are, the swings will require minimal staff, hopefully this will free up staff on limited staff days for other rides. They are also turning an upcharge attraction into an attraction that is included with admission which is also a very good thing and provides more value with admission. Hopefully value added additions are the direction this park continues to move in. Even if there are swings at other locations I don't think these can really compare, it also looks like these have seatbelts and run drastically different than the other 2 area swings which don't have seatbelts. I don't think you can see the falls or much of anything from the FI swings, I have been on them and it was a pretty ordinary ride. Even if you don't see anything from the swings at DL they will still be a good ride.

'Flat area.' The whole GP track is on a stretch of hill that runs up to the bathrooms in the campground there. They just tend to get more gun shy about running GP on days there's a possibility of rain in the fall because their number of operators available becomes threadbare once colleges/school start. If they aren't operating they're just parked at the top of said hill where they do maintenance for them are which is why you don't see them from below.

So the Grand Prix Karts have quietly closed and the karts have been removed, it's also on the closed attractions board. This makes it clear where SFS will go.

Not really. They might go there but I could just as easily (if not more easily) see it being a budget cut with them just leaving the track abandoned for now. It's Six Flags...

Even if they do close Grand Prix I don’t think it’s really that huge of a deal. As it’s been said on here before, there isn’t much interest in them anymore and they never run full races. Ten years ago this was different but people don’t really want to spend $8 to drive around on a go-kart for 5 minutes - especially with all the included attractions they can ride with admission into the park.

Besides, just up north on Clifton Hill they opened that new Niagara Speedway that is seemingly a lot larger and has multi-level track. If anyone needs their go-kart fix it may be worth a visit up to the “street of fun on the falls”.

That space could be much better utilized by something else, and if this is the step towards that happening I’m all for it

Has Six Flags ever built a multi-level go-kart track at any of their other parks yet? I mean, operated correctly and with a worthwhile track, go-karts can make a ton of "extra" money for theme parks and priced correctly, can actually pay for their own operations. Just something that I bet is one of Six Flags' options. They are building a tower that will now compete with MarineLand, why not build a multi-level go-kart track and start competing with Clifton Hill.

Even if they do close Grand Prix I don’t think it’s really that huge of a deal. As it’s been said on here before, there isn’t much interest in them anymore and they never run full races. Ten years ago this was different but people don’t really want to spend $8 to drive around on a go-kart for 5 minutes - especially with all the included attractions they can ride with admission into the park.

Besides, just up north on Clifton Hill they opened that new Niagara Speedway that is seemingly a lot larger and has multi-level track. If anyone needs their go-kart fix it may be worth a visit up to the “street of fun on the falls”.

That space could be much better utilized by something else, and if this is the step towards that happening I’m all for it

$15 Canadian Dollars a ride after taxes and fees and apparently they are the slowest gokarts you will ever go on. The seats are also hard plastic and have no padding whatsoever. Ontario regulations govern gokarts to a certain speed. I heard they rushed pouring the concrete for the track which makes the track incredibly bumpy. I am actually surprised they didn't charge $30 per adult driver for this as they easily could and get away with it.

The Gokarts at Darien used to be really cheap, like 2 rides for $5, but at $8 a ride I don't think anyone is paying it. Plus the karts are old and junky. I assume they take at least 4 employees or more to run while most flat rides take 1-2 employees. The park also has other upcharge attractions. If you want to drive something they also have antique cars and bumper cars.

Go carts are simply obsolete with venues like RPM and pole position taking up old mall space everywhere. I personally would (and do) pay 4 times as much for driving those cars at 45 MPH thru a awesome race course (indoors and air conditioned by the way) than pay 8 bucks for a lame a$$ cart ride at any park USA.

Darien Lake clearly needs something to build a new track to stop people from driving over an hour into another f*cking country to drive Go Karts. The competition is super heated.

What part did you not understand, when I said the same thing as you just did, Bill?

I love darien lake.

Darien Lake clearly needs something to build a new track to stop people from driving over an hour into another f*cking country to drive Go Karts. The competition is super heated.

What part did you not understand, when I said the same thing as you just did, Bill?

I love darien lake.

The part you do not understand is the heavy sarcasm

So I find it hard to justify buying the membership. If i bought it now, during the flash sale, i will end up paying more for it, prior to opening day of 2019. I feel I am just going to buy the season pass like I'm used to, and worry if I feel like I missed out on something next year. I guess memberships are probably best for people who want to start in July or early August.

The way I see it is that it’s much easier for me to come up with $15 a month than it is to come up with $125 up front for two people. It’s really boils down to preferance.

Like Apple Music. You can pay $15 a month for a family subscription, or you can pay $99 for the whole year. Sure it’s cheaper to pay up front but it’s not always the best option for everyone.

Considering it’s going to cost me $180 to get unlimited access to all six flags theme parks as well as parking for two people, instead of the over $400 I’m going to pay for Cedar Fair, I’d say the membership is a pretty great deal - especially considering which parks from both brands we are close to here in WNY.

Again, totally a preferance thing