TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Im assuming six flags is gunna use this park to tap into the cedar fair region once again like they did with geauga lake in the 2000s and who knows mabey there gunna rmc predator in 2020!?

Dude, use proper grammar on the forums. “Gunna” and “mabey” looks unprofessional and there are actually policies about it on TPR’s forums. Use an autocorrect program if you need to.

Im assuming six flags is gunna use this park to tap into the cedar fair region once again like they did with geauga lake in the 2000s and who knows mabey there gunna rmc predator in 2020!?

Dude, use proper grammar on the forums. “Gunna” and “mabey” looks unprofessional and there are actually policies about it on TPR’s forums. Use an autocorrect program if you need to.

Didn't realize yall were grammer nazis on here

Didn't realize y'all were grammar Nazis on here.

Fixed that for you.

Also, please read the rules: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137.

Didn't realize yall were grammer nazis on here

Yes we are, especially when posts become eyesores to our professional, international and intelligent communities of readers. Just follow the rules if you want to continue to post on TPR. It is not that much to ask.

Occasional errors are fine. Disregard for spelling, capitalization and punctuation are not acceptable.

Though we didn’t really ride much, we purchased our Six Flags memberships today and for those who are unaware and are considering buying before the sale ends (now on the 4th instead due to the store’s overload issue) - here are some of the things we got with the new pass

- lanyards for the passes that say “Six Flags Member” on them (apparently only members get swanky lanyards, and I am a fan of swanky lanyards - though I will likely not use it)

- one bring a friend ticket valid through 9/22/2018

- one bring a friend ticket valid through 10/13/2018

- one teal refill bottle with $1.49 refills for the rest of the 2018 season and $0.99 refills for the 2019 season

- and of course the card itself. Which I appreciate the shininess of.

With all of that jazz, the park website also mentions the below benefits of having the Gold Plus membership:

- Gold Plus free Season Parking (all parks)

- Including 13 existing Six Flags Parks as well as 6 waterparks and 5 more in 2019

- Save up to 20% on almost everything at the parks

- Priority Member entry via a special member gate (which looks very temporary at Darien Lake now but I’d imagine by next season it’ll be a little more permanent)

Further details include:

- Admission and Parking to Darien Lake, Local Hurricane Harbor

- Visit all Six Flags Parks and Seperate-Gate waterparks

- Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park included where applicable

- Free friend tickets on select days, discount tickets for friends, bonus friend ticket on select days

- Priority entry via Membership gate

- Use of Member benefits at all parks

- Six Flags Membership Rewards program (free loyalty program)

- 25% Season Drink Bottle Discount

- Discounts ranging from 5% to 20% on most goods throughout the parks including the Flash Pass (20%)

- 30% off discovery kingdom experiences (one time use)

- Free double ride on paid attractions (one time use)

- Free ICEE upgrade (one time use)

- $5 powdered sugar funnel cake (one time use)

- “Other Surprises (!)”

- Passholder Appreciation Days, passholder exclusive ride times, member appreciation days, member exclusive ride times, member-only opening invite

I know most on here are aware of these benefits but for those who are coming here for information - especially with how new this is to Darien Lake - I thought it would be nice to have all of this info in one place. I know from how I did this, I would’ve loved a clear list of all the specifics in an easy to locate place. It is possible to find but now it’s a little easier!

Update: Viper's second train is visible, no pictures because people were watching.

Is it on the transfer track getting set up? Or is it just sitting in storage?

In the maintenance room with crews working on it.

That’s exciting! Hopefully it means Viper will have two train ops for the ending of 2018!

Though we didn’t really ride much, we purchased our Six Flags memberships today and for those who are unaware and are considering buying before the sale ends (now on the 4th instead due to the store’s overload issue) - here are some of the things we got with the new pass

- lanyards for the passes that say “Six Flags Member” on them (apparently only members get swanky lanyards, and I am a fan of swanky lanyards - though I will likely not use it)

- one bring a friend ticket valid through 9/22/2018

- one bring a friend ticket valid through 10/13/2018

- one teal refill bottle with $1.49 refills for the rest of the 2018 season and $0.99 refills for the 2019 season

- and of course the card itself. Which I appreciate the shininess of.

With all of that jazz, the park website also mentions the below benefits of having the Gold Plus membership:

- Gold Plus free Season Parking (all parks)

- Including 13 existing Six Flags Parks as well as 6 waterparks and 5 more in 2019

- Save up to 20% on almost everything at the parks

- Priority Member entry via a special member gate (which looks very temporary at Darien Lake now but I’d imagine by next season it’ll be a little more permanent)

Further details include:

- Admission and Parking to Darien Lake, Local Hurricane Harbor

- Visit all Six Flags Parks and Seperate-Gate waterparks

- Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park included where applicable

- Free friend tickets on select days, discount tickets for friends, bonus friend ticket on select days

- Priority entry via Membership gate

- Use of Member benefits at all parks

- Six Flags Membership Rewards program (free loyalty program)

- 25% Season Drink Bottle Discount

- Discounts ranging from 5% to 20% on most goods throughout the parks including the Flash Pass (20%)

- 30% off discovery kingdom experiences (one time use)

- Free double ride on paid attractions (one time use)

- Free ICEE upgrade (one time use)

- $5 powdered sugar funnel cake (one time use)

- “Other Surprises (!)”

- Passholder Appreciation Days, passholder exclusive ride times, member appreciation days, member exclusive ride times, member-only opening invite

I know most on here are aware of these benefits but for those who are coming here for information - especially with how new this is to Darien Lake - I thought it would be nice to have all of this info in one place. I know from how I did this, I would’ve loved a clear list of all the specifics in an easy to locate place. It is possible to find but now it’s a little easier!

Thanks for all the information, I am going next weekend to process my gold pass and wasn’t very familiar with everything about it. All this Six Flags stuff is new to me!

After the transition to six flags this year, My family and I have noticed the park has been maintained much better than last year at this time. No garbage surrounding and floating in the lakes and operations seem to be more structured overall. Little things like the major rides actually being open when the park opens, all the concessions and games staffed and open all day, visible security and attendants in the parking lots. These things have not been maintained for so long that, as simple as they are, make our visits a little more pleasant. On the 2018 renewals, please be aware that the free bring a friend tickets state "Valid on September 22, 2018 only" and "Valid on October 13, 2018 only". Only good on those days. Oh, the fine print.

I went to the park to process my season pass on Friday. Since my pass was bought during the flash sale it's a bold pass but the card is just a standard white card. I confirmed with guest services that the season pass is upgraded to gold and found online that it was also upgraded to gold.

I don't know if anyone else had this happen but I wanted to let everyone know my experience with getting my pass and hopefully give peace of mind to those receiving a white card instead of a gold card (this could just be my experience though)

^ for those that processed their Darien Lake passes, are you able to put them into the Six Flags app or website to see your benefits, or it is that not yet a thing? Or did they give you paper coupons for your BAF stuff?

Throughout the Six Flags chain gold pass users always got the same generic cards as everyone else regardless of pass type. That changed with the memberships.